Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. kimbo

kimbo Registered

yes

2. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

I decided to buy the GT3 pack. For one, it gives some revenue to S397 and will encourage them to keep developing. And for another, I feel it is very important to get high quality content in this sim rather than relying on mod content. There's less of an issue here with cars than with tracks, but there are ALWAYS issues with mod content versions etc. even if they should now be updateable via the Workshop. I think the GT3 pack gives a good base with a variety of cars, that can make a good baseline for online competition. Yes, there are GT3 mods that I gather are quite good, but its far better to have this.

The purchase experience is frankly terrible. I got them paid for and downloaded in the end, but far too many steps and completely unintuitive. Maybe this is the only way to do it on Steam, but I've bought DLC on there for other games without this level of hassle.

What I see so far is that the cars are well modelled (3D model) and have good graphics and textures. Several of the prior ISI base content GT cars had 'paper' bodywork and poor wheels in particular. These models I feel are up there with any of the other titles, which is what I wanted to see. Performance is a bit of a problem though, the graphics seem to be quite demanding even with settings that I've had no issues with the GT500 and other more recent content. Some have stated a disappointment in a lack of skins, but I feel these can be added as we go. Far more important is to get these in the hands of folks so we can verify the physics/handling and get any BOP issues sorted, so that they can begin to be used online. As regards that, I feel some cars (the Macca in particular) have way too much slip angle and are basically drift cars, far too much rotation is possible. The same issue exists on the FF2000. The tires don't seem to be the same from car to car. Yes, I'd expect the cars to be catchable when going over the limit, but not to this extent. There still seems to be a few quirks to the physics are various points, but in general, the cars behave quite well. Good enough to use, if the tire issues are fixed. So I hope there will be continued developments on these for the next couple of months; and include in that, making sure they run OK in the rain whenever that update is released. As it stands, I feel these are good value for the money.

I am looking forward to the Tatuus single seaters and hope we get a pack of those as well, which I'd be happy to get as paid DLC. There could be F4 and USF-17, PM-18 variants and maybe in future the 2019 F3 regional variants as well. This would again give a good baseline for online competition, as opposed to running mods such as GP3.

Keep up the good work.

pkelly and TJones like this.
  3. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

I saw too many people complaining about skins. iRacing cars don't have any skins except for the default skin of the car, probably they are going to a model where anyone should do your own skins, a multiplayer model.

4. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I wont.

5. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Oh yeah. Good talk !

6. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Nice GT3 pack overall !
    unfortunately, the AMG GT3 FFB feels weird with my T500RS. It's more or less the same feeling as the FWD Honda Civic, very strange for an RWD car o_O

7. stonec

stonec Registered

You have the right to your opinion, but it would be nice if you specified a bit the problems you experience. Missing skins is not enough to warrant this type of criticism IMO, as there are other sims out there that don't come with any skins. If you read the normally critical RaceDepartment forum posts, around 90% of them seem to be positive, not many are complaining about missing skins. Most often mentioned complaint is regarding performance, but that's more down to rF2 engine than these cars in particular.

Rui Santos likes this.
  8. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Whats a bit or a bit more dissapointing is the high GPU load compared to the very good looking EGT mod.
    With the EGT, 29AI Portugal, 5040x1050, 1070GTX, 3770k @stock, last position in grid i got 57ps with 65% GPU load in CPU limit
    With the S397 GT3 i only got 45fps with 100% GPU load whats means the system runs in GPU limit.
    I nearly double GPU oad is not really acceptable for me and i can´t understand that S397 keeps the path of unoptimized content after launching the GT500 which introduced high GPU load content with all the following comments and criticism

peterchen likes this.
  9. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Sorry, no ,they are not higher, they are just different.
    If you are in it for the love of driving and racing then this release as is is of very high standards.
    And if you are in it for whatever else you might just want to wait a little and it could just fulfill your own quality criteria as well.
    Because we can talk about "overall quality standards" all day but I could buy a pack of cars with high "overall quality standards" and another one with a few unfinished touches but superior realism/driving qualities and I would choose the second in a heartbeat, I know you obviously wouldn't.
    So AC and RRE and PC2 can do as they like, they will never fulfill my quality standards if they do not catch up in the driving department whatever the "overall quality standards" of their DLCs.
    Your sentence is really putting all aspects of a DLC pack as being of equal importance.
    Reminds me of fashion models, like they are supposed to be beautiful because when measured with a tape they have "perfect" proportions.
    You cannot rate a DLC by creating like 20 categories, giving them equal importance and then a score.
    What is it important to you, don't you have preferences?
    This is Rfactor 2, we are different people to PC2 fans, not superior, different, we have different standards.
    No, not everything in a sim-racing DLC car pack is of the same importance to me and I suspect most people.
    Even including yourself?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    juanchioooo and Nismogtr like this.
  10. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

As far as I am concerned, when I speak of ISI cars standards I speak only of these 3 criteria:

- physics
    - FFB
    - and the sound in the cockpit for pleasure and immersion.

RF2 is, according to my criteria, the only TRUE simulation "to standards 2017".

I do not care about the 3D modeling of the exterior of the car. Same for the outside sound ....

bwana, coltair, mesfigas and 3 others like this.
  11. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Such a stupid comment from a guy that joined this community almost in 2016... talking from day 1, lol...

Sometimes i wonder if some people are here because they like rF2 or just spreading stupidity and negativeness... or probably a fanboy of any other arcade/simcade game...

bwana, Obbzy_XR_ and gpfan like this.
  12. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Oh you do care, and I care too, everyone cares.
    But do not care anywhere near as much as the rest you mentioned.
    You see a RRE DLC would never pass RF2 "quality control" for release and vice versa.
    We have different standards to them and they have different standards to us as customers.
    No shame in saying this, RF2 community standards when it comes to visuals are lower to most other sims out there and when it comes to physics and handling and need for realism they are at the very top.

juanchioooo and dadaboomda like this.
  13. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Registered

It's not only the skins, it's the whole game package.
    ISI promised rain in 2010 which never really came through.They're working on it now, but it still isn't there after 7 years.
    Windscreen whipers still not functioning. ISI promised an active pitcrew during pitstops which never came through.
    Post 11 & 12 reflect a small portion of my opinion.
    I'm still not able to run a dedi. All threads about steamcmd I've tried multiple times, but don't work for me and following comments on Steam made by others (scroll down), I'm not the only one.
    Not to mention that this DLC is way too expensive, €15 for 5 cars. In comparison AC's latest Ferrari Anniversary Pack €8 for 7 cars.
    The list is endless, but here you have a 'bit' of my opinion.
    In summary: the game remains to be a WIP. "Give it time". Well, how much more time do they need? Another 5 years? Sorry, can't wait for that; life goes on.
    I hate to say it, but it remains to be pulling on a dead horse. No I'm not a hater, I want to be a liker but it's taking way too long and this game is getting nowhere. Mark my words.

14. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Registered

Certainly you're the one who's not very objective, Mr. fromday1.
    I follow this game from 2010, so keep your stupid remarks to yourself; I'm not impressed.

Amanda Santini likes this.
  15. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Tanks, but this is not my Problem, i use the Beta Version (i Play in VR), but the Beta has no Update available. Normaly the Beta Update automatically.

16. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

You have to change manually the beta : dx11 beta 1108 to dx11 beta 1109 (in steam)

Alex72 likes this.
  17. kimbo

kimbo Registered

the last beta build is 1109 dx11, look again the vid

18. Gupster

Gupster Registered

I'm enjoying these wonderful cars. They are close in speed to the great Apex GT3's so you can cherry pick a few models from there to round out a field of AI to race. Thanks to S397 for continuing development in the best racing simulator available!

19. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

15€ for 5 cars in a sim is "expensive"? I dont think we can compare with AC and their great success they've had. I dont know the financial situation of S397 but Kunos "hit the spot" and did really well. The DLC prices might reflect that.

My point is, and i might be wrong, but i dont think S397 set a price to "rob" us, but a realistic price that made sense to them business wise based on the amount of current and possible new customers to be able to pay off the fee's that come with developing licensed content, and to maybe get a little extra to continue the development. So i dont think it was expensive, and im poor as hell! You think im on the DFGT because i think its better than a DD wheel? :D

20. Emery

Emery Registered

Strange how people perceive demonstrations of potential tech as a promise. Yes, we all hoped the stuff would make it to production, but it never was promised.

I also don't recall an active pitcrew even mentioned by ISI... got a link to where this promise was made?

WiZPER, MarcG and jayarrbee36 like this.