AI / Livery / Driver "Championships" question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flipdo3, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Flipdo3

Flipdo3 Registered

I've seen a number of people trying similar things to this, but none with exactly the same questions.
    I, at one point, exploited a glitch to edit the MAS files of (postipate's wonderful 1975 mod) and do custom skins, performance, drivers etc. i've recently reinstalled the game and want do do something similar, but a more legit and method that actually works and i can remember.

What i want to do:
    - Create and edit car skins, driver helmets, driver suits, driver + team information
    - be able to add and remove drivers (e.g run a "season", then remove drivers from the field, remove default drivers of the mod etc)
    - be able to edit car performance (e.g power multiplier)

What i don't want to do:
    - Use the virtual ride method: last time i found this would glitch about. Not sure how it is now though, and will use it if necessary.

TLDR:
    I want to edit the default drivers/cars of a mod if possible.

also, not sure if this should be general discussions or modding since i've seen similar threads here before.

2. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Jon likes this.
  3. Flipdo3

Flipdo3 Registered

i got this far [​IMG] but pressing "package" does nothing, and pressing install has error finding mod file. it was the same previously, with the component name "F1_1979_LOTUS_HE". at this point i've made all my changes, saved the new mas, managed to package an rfcmp file as a new component: but this is bascially an update to your mod postipate so i have to use the update features, according to the old video.

the single mas i am changing is the F1_1979_LOTUS_TEAMS.mas

I do not know anymore what to do and it's really annoying me. bring back gtr2 drag and drop days

4. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Pm me the files you want to use and i will make it for you