I find your lack of skins disturbing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Oct 17, 2017.

1. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Will the non-McLaren cars in the GT3 pack be getting more skins? I don't want to make a big deal, but 1 skin each for paid content is pretty disappointing.

*EDIT*

I see the Radical has 4 skins. But it's still way off balance.

I load up a 30 car race with just the GT3 cars and I get 15 McLarens and 10 Camaros because they have the most skins.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    Lgel, Turco, Carlos Sancho and 8 others like this.
  2. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Have to give this a +1.

3. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I'm about a month away from getting back into sim racing and painting. I have the Pirelli World Challenge liveries on my to do list for these cars.

bhendrik, Gary77, Alex72 and 6 others like this.
  4. bwana

bwana Registered

As is and has always been the case . ISI and S397 hope that the generous contribution from the community fill the gaps to help the small official team ..

filippu likes this.
  5. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Its quite an expensive pack of cars we have bought though...was not expecting 1 skin only for 3 of the cars.

filippu, Juergen-BY and LokiD like this.
  6. bwana

bwana Registered

I just drank a bottle of wine with dinner worth more than the car pack . Later l will spend hrs driving the cars from the inside where they all look the same .. There are templates and you can bet your bottom dollar people like Chris will help those after the replay bling

7. Lgel

Lgel Registered

The problem will be to get rid of unwanted existing skins.
    Due to the protection mechanism, you can't repack them.
    Tried to create an update, but did not succeed at the moment.
    Cheers.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    Juergen-BY likes this.
  8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I sincerely hope this is not the case, it should not be up to the community to "fill in the gaps" where those gaps should've been filled from the very start. Studio397 said they wanted to focus more on a Complete Series from the very start and this GT3 Pack is not Complete without either A) Official Skins (of which according to Discord are coming, but when?) or B) Generic Skins to give the pack a more complete feel in the meantime. Currently racing against "Test Driver #1" is quite frankly lacklustre and a real shame on what is otherwise a great set of cars. A simple selection of generic skins with generic VEH naming and it's done as a placeholder until those Official skins see the light of day, so Offline racers can get on with feeling part of a Race and online racers don't get confused as to which driver is in the 10 Grey AMGs around him.
    Don't get me wrong, the cars are great and I thank S397 for bringing them to us plus the price for them is cheap (for me), but I am disappointed with the lack of polish in what is a very easy area to fulfil in the first place.

Lgel, buddhatree, Emery and 3 others like this.
  9. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

I have an idea, car skins should be released as a workshop item,WFG ones for example...people who wants to use them can subscribe and install them!
    I think at the same time GT3 cars need at least 5 skins for each car, I will be more than happy if those will be generic ones and the real one will be released as workshop items too...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  10. Ernie

Ernie Registered

If more liveries for the GT3 cars will be added later by studio397, then i'm fine with it. At least i hope for it.

And i agree, it can be expected to have more default liveries in the pack. But i rather race these cars now, even with the lack of liveries, then waiting another few weeks for a postponed GT3 pack with a livery collection.

11. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I disagree with this. A pattern is starting to show with S397 releasing WIP projects - and by the looks of it not finishing them off unfortunately. Zandvoort, Radicals, now GT3 pack which is even paid DLC. I had high hopes about S397 taking over but I honestly cant stand these unfinished and unpolished releases.

12. Lgel

Lgel Registered

It is a question of where is your level of own exigence, as they say in their Steam shop "Today we proudly present the release..."
    I would be ashamed of releasing such an unfinished product, late and without any message implying that it is incomplete.
    For me lesson learned, first and last time I buy a S397 DLC.
    Cheers.

13. bwana

bwana Registered

Jeez you guys are a hard lot to please .. So next week a skin pack comes out and the world hasn't ended . I bet there will be something to bitch about

Travis, Flaux, Alex72 and 3 others like this.
  14. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Even If I agree with you some odd choices were done...
    I can't run a mixed GT3 race because I will have 3/4 of grid composed by Macca due the silly way the sim manages skins...
    I will repeat myself, we need a better way to manage skins and a rF2 workshop with different lists like:
    Cars
    Tracks
    Skins

Plugins
    Misc
    The first 3 should be mandatory...
    Released cars should have at least 5 skins each no matter if equal to real life or fantasy ones...
    Talking about this isn't bitching, it is just pointing how a "car pack DLC" release can suffer and can be ruined by some odd choices (which need to be changed as soon as possible) and how can be perceived as unfinished or not well polished product due to this...
    Please keep in mind that actual skins are the one used by real cars but aren't related to same race event (like ADAC or sorta) so you will race cars with liveries used for different race events which looks odd too

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    bwana, Mibrandt, Turco and 2 others like this.
  15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

We are using an update with personalized skins and getting rid of any unwanted skin. If you enter RaceRfactor McLaren server it will download any required content and you may look at the update.

bwana, Lgel and lagg like this.
  16. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Will try, will report.
    Thanks and cheers.

SPASKIS likes this.
  17. RNelson

RNelson Registered

We are concerned about the cost of DLC yet we want cars that mirror a real life race series. Wouldn't that necessitate further licensing which would require a higher cost?

18. demerzel

demerzel Registered

Well, somehow other games can deliver cheaper. :D

19. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Maybe S397 could code so that even if there is an imbalance of skins among cars that the sim still pulls an equal amount of AI's - even if they will have the same skins. If there are many skins then choose that way, if there is some cars with few skins (or 1 skin) then still pull some from those cars rather than 1 or 0 which happens now. Just an idea. We will soon have skins for these babies im sure.

bwana likes this.
  20. Zeh Drei Peo

Zeh Drei Peo Registered

Geesus...other games have fat publishers at their back! How can people be so limited in their view. Pc was a besides of the graphics a joke. AC is spammed with neadless cars lacking original tracks and the modded ones often look cheap.