Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. gpfan

gpfan Registered

Yes exactly, AC skins work on RF2 Mcl with some work moving the parts around......

Chris Lesperance likes this.
  2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Exactly. Also noticed that parts of the rollcage etc disappear. ;)

3. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

No offense, but I think you kind of have some very unrealistic expectations in terms of how a cockpit looks and how you meassure the quality. Racing car cockpits are very spartan for obvious reasons and it is difficult to make them more interesting to look at if there isn't much to be shown anyway. All you can do is to use some good texture work and shaders and in that regard those cockpits are right up there with AC and PCars. How you can say that the ISI Cobra is better in terms of visual quality is beyond me tbh. If those cars get the new standard in terms of visual quality, people will need some beefy hardware for sure to run a field of 30 cars. If you say that those cars don't have improved visuals I don't know what to say tbh. Are you complaining about something just for the sake of it?

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5s6u0u13xs0q0s7/20171017221751_1.jpg

Found a graphical bug in Radical. I'm on dx9. See the black area on my windscreen. It appears when I leave the pit and turn the wheel left. Only appears when the lock is high so mostly it doesn't show when on track. Is it just me or does others see this also?

Good job with the cars! Fun to drive. AMG is giving me headache with all the oversteer. Radical goes around the corners pretty nicely. Bentley interiors are pretty dull, drives good though. Didn't try Corvette yet and I've tested McLaren during WFG already.

BoP is important but can't say much about it yet. I was within few tenths with these three cars in Blackwood, Bentley being the fastest.

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Does feel rushed indeed, hopefully it is a bait to calm down the people posting same thing every day, while they are distracted they finish the cars because some stuff really need to be finished there.
    Btw please endurance lights on all cars...

Amanda Santini likes this.
  6. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Can only say that I've now tried the Merc at Silverstone and it inspired a huge amount of confidence almost instantly. FFB seems fine. ???
    For me the Bentley was tougher to get to grips with.

7. André Jager

André Jager Registered

Same problem here. Only with the radical DX9 on-board i get these black area's. Makes it undrivable unfortunately.

8. misi

misi Registered

Not bad, 3/4 ;)
    Do I won an ice cream? :D

Btw thx to S397!

Prodigy and Pauli Partanen like this.
  9. Andregee

Andregee Registered

i prefer Corvette and Radical because both provide enough center force while the car understeers, Driving the AMG or Bentley the center force of the Fanatec CSW V2 gets totally lost while getting a little bit into unsersteering. It could be fixed increasing the caster but its not possible with this cars.
    But the overall quality of the cars is excellent

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    bwana and gpfan like this.
  10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Gotta change this, not disappointed with the Radical after driving it, really fun car and sounds old school.

Hope devs are taking feedback.
    These cars need some optimization, pretty heavy compared to other content.
    Please add a lower resolution mirror to upgrades
    And endurance lights to all cars.

11. br444m

br444m Registered

rF2 still crashes with the new build and my t300rs. No proper support from Studio 397 after repeat requests for it here. No way to even try the GT3 pack, which I pre-ordered to support the devs.

I have tried everything I could. A complete windows/rf2 reinstall may fix my issue again, sure, at least for a while. But it's not worth the agony when chances are rF2 will stop functioning again after a minor setup change. My issue may be rare and isolated, but it is real and clearly related to rFactor 2. With no support or even acknowledgement of it by Studio 397 it is time for me to move on and invest in something else.

I think that caring for your loyal userbase, the advocates of your product, should be a priority in the process of building a succesful long-term franchise. On here, the devs seem to engage primarily on exiting new developments, while sacrificing the stability of the platform, and showing little interest in long term users. It's a real disspointment after the new team took over. I thought this would be my go-to simulator for years to come.

12. ceecee

ceecee Registered

That Bentley even in default setup is sweet ! ;)

13. stonec

stonec Registered

The way Reiza has done it is by forcing all content on everyone's hard drive and just providing some unlock keys for whoever that buys the content. I don't think it's the way forward, I don't want a bunch of cars I can't even drive myself to lay on my SSD. I predicted months ago it would be, if not impossible, at least very difficult to integrate this type of system with Steam workshop or with Steam inventory.

14. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Spent some time in the radical. Really fun car to drive. can't wait to test the rest of the cars.

dadaboomda likes this.
  15. emha76

emha76 Registered

Thanks guys! Great pack of cars!

16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I haven't been able to drive the cars yet.
    I have been busy setting up our server again.

The automatic update to version 1.70-1.71 of McLaren spoiled our servers after uninstalling the base component 1.22 that our personalized version 1.231 with our league skins and drivers was using. The workshop auto update is not respecting the hierarchy rules of mod manager.

Furthermore, when I tried the new update for latest v1.70+1.71, reusing the same skin containing MAS file as for previous 1.22+1.23 update, it wouldn't work! No drivers would appear in the game list.

The v1.71 veh files have slightly changed including now a reference to the upgrade file and all our drivers veh files have required editing.
    Not much work once you realize what's wrong...

As a summary if this update would have occurred in the race day, we would have had to cancel the race.

17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

So you go and delete them after the update.
    Sorry but I dont care about a stupid SSD, if people can buy only one car and race (or use an updated Camaro if it is released, use other cars made by community to complete the mod, etc) would drastically reduce the community fragmentation and probably would be less stimulation for people trying to crack the cars (would happen anyway but...)
    I like how I have AMS Season pass and I can just open a server and race with people that dont have it. This is the way to go online.
    IMO content that is free does not need to be downloaded for obvious reasons, but paid one has to be so it wont stop people from racing online. It won't be that much space anyway. Make it like other games, you can drive against cars you dont own, but tracks need to be bought.
    They could also give people an option to install the cars or not in case the person is not an online racer. Instead of being against it for rather weak reasons expand the idea man :)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  18. Nicolas Pailhes

Nicolas Pailhes Registered

Thank you very much Studio397, your cars are just great, no complaints, you are doing a good job. Keep us dreaming;)

We are waiting for corrections like freezes in multi or even fix some plugin that does not work in relay endurance, @Marcel Offermans
    I roll to the VEC also, do not you have problems when you change driver? I have 2 plugins that does not work when I take the relay ... it's really embarrassing.

19. gpfan

gpfan Registered

I have eared lot´s of people with same problem ......

20. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I doubt S397 needs to fix anything for driver swap, it is up to plugin authors to make sure they handle swap correctly.