Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Magus

Magus Registered

When you choose the opponents in an AI race, the field becomes overwhelmed with McLaren, then Radical cars, I guess because there are more skins available for those cars. Would be nice if S397 could update the McLaren to include the original skins and then have the option to install the WFG skins if the player likes.

2. patrickkluiters

patrickkluiters Registered

Of course I bought the gt3 pack. No problem. Glad to support Studio 397.
    It was my own fault that I only bought the McLaren.

Heisenberx likes this.
  3. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

MSV license would be awesome - those three, plus Snetterton and Cadwell. ISI did say way back that MSV's licensing costs were unrealistic, but who knows? Times change. We can only hope! :D

Thanks for the new cars, S397. Just off to try out the Bentley. Just one small criticism right now though, just one skin per car seems pretty mean. We've got all the Strakka McLarens, what about all the M Sport Bentleys? All the HTP Mercs? Licenses permitting, it doesn't seem too much to ask.

Moriz Mehl and Guimengo like this.
  4. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I agree, with a G27 Merc FFb seems notchy, as is some gears had teeth broken.
    Cheers.

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

No talent-files, no skins, no driver names, bad LOD, - sounds like a rushed job.
    Not buying. Dissapointed.
    Just saw that at the radical the front wheels are popping through the fender....:rolleyes::eek:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  6. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

Considering that we just got a Radical, Im not pumped to pay for another one. Bentley hasnt made a car that I like since the 40's, we have enough Corvettes(except for 63-67, that would be nice), and there's already 3 other AMG's... all bleh to me... Macca is the only one to really bring anything to the table for me... and I am worried by the many complaints that it is dull...

Personally, I like to run Apex and Simtek at the same time. The AI dont get along super well, but I still usually have a good bit of fun with any car from either group.

For a bit, I will watch vids,.read testimonials, and maybe Ill consider it.

7. Karei

Karei Registered

The cars all drive well, good job on that... but my god the FPS is just atrocious. After some testing I found out it's not the build in itself, but the cars. If you compare the GT3 pack to every other modded car, or even the USF2000, there's a drop in 15-20 FPS. On my i7 4790, GT970, 16GB RAM I seldom hit 60FPS when running the new cars.
    To be honest, all the cars released by Studio397 bar the USF2000 suffer somewhat from low FPS. The best one still is the Nissan GT500. The McLaren is on the limit, I can reach at least 60FPS, but the new ones are just bad.
    Other than that, this build (and I noticed it with every car I tried) has brought back some stuttering. At Zandvoort, which is graphically the unfriendliest track of the lot, I had tearing too.

As I said, the cars drive well. Force Feedback seems good. I love them all better than the McLaren, ahahah. I think the sound is too metallic, like if it goes through a filter on the equalizer, which makes it less realistic.

8. KernigWRC

KernigWRC Registered

Hey Guys, first impression is really good,
    but there are some things that I think should change,
    the thing with the liveries has already mentioned,
    there is no way to adjust caster settings, maybe there could be an upgrade in the garage to unlock this maybe unrealistic but very useful feature.

About the damage, it works, and it looks good enough for me, not amazing though.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  9. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Just a quickie, I enjoyed my first run with the Bentley. But I'm getting lots of problems with replays in this new build. Not the place for that, I know, I'll expand on that point elsewhere later.
    Sadly I did get to see some of the new damage effects, completely by accident! :oops: A welcome improvement for visuals, I think.

10. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I took my time and thought twice before writing this post, waited a few hours, revisited the cars, simply, I couldn't believe it.

All cars drive nicely on default setup (Radical is on another planet, doesn't feel like a GT3 but rather a forgiving OW). The Mercedes FFB on my G27 grinds, as if gear teeth were broken, which is very unpleasant.

Speaking of cockpit view, Mercedes and Mc Laren are good enough, Radical is average, Bentley is so spartan that a big effort should be done to make it more attractive, and Callaway cockpit is simply lacking, I hope it will be improved in a future update.

Sorry to be blunt, in my view modding standards are down since the days of the excellent ISI AC Cobra, these pack doesn't show any improvement on the best free mods or pay mods already available since a few years.

I would have expected a collection of coherent liveries through cars, for instance Blancpain Series, instead:

-The Mc Laren skins labelled WFG are plain ugly, when they appear as AI they are immersion killers. I don't want to imagine the videos that will be brought on YT of a pack of those, will help sell RF2 no doubt.
    - Mercedes skin has no racing plate on the only skin available.

As is, those cars and the Dx11 build won't convince many that the principal handicap of RF2 compared to the competing sims, the graphics have improved enough, missed opportunity.

Bought this pack to support S397, sorry but I won't buy again such low standards DLCs.

Cheers.

11. stonec

stonec Registered

People that have actually compared the S397 McLaren 650S with the 650S in Assetto Corsa have found out that the 3D model source that both games use is basically the same one (picture). Even the wheel levers are in identical position in both games. So if you say it's no better than a mod, the same applies for Assetto Corsa paid content then.

Amanda Santini, kimikaze and Prodigy like this.
  12. gpfan

gpfan Registered

AMG GT3 FFB is the worst of all cars, they improved a lot the weight when your cornering like Mcl. when they released it. I think the car need to be updated to be on pare with the other cars!!!

S397 Thank you for this spectacular work, cars are a dream to drive except AMG GT3, some how i can´t feel the car on corners, the lack of weight on the wheel makes it weird. I´m using TS-PC Racer, all cars are very detailed on centre and low inputs but AMG doesn´t feel like the rest of the pack, sounds are awesome, really nice models/Cpits.... super job!!!! I will come back to give a more detailed feedback.

I´s exactly the same 3d model with new UV map (UV map is the same but they changed place only!!), and new textures........

13. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I am writing about RF2, not AC, if this pack is good for you enjoy it. I don't own AC. Cheers.

14. stonec

stonec Registered

Fair enough. My point was, AC is generally regarded as the game with the best cockpits out there. At least before pCars 2 came out. So as long as rF2 uses same source for 3D model as AC, it can't do much wrong.

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Initial Thoughts:

Pros:
    - Damage looks good but wasn't aware I had to select the 1109 Beta in the drop down box for it to work, I see a few others have missed this also (Here, Discord & RD)
    - Cars look great
    - Cars Sound great (individually)
    - Cars drive very well out the box, I'll put that down to the decent Default Setups. Still I'm nowhere near fast enough so not sure what they're fully like on the limit yet.

Cons:
    - Graphical Bugs in the McLaren as previously reported still not addressed. (https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/mclaren-650s-vr-graphical-errors.57224/)
    - Sound of the Opponents is too overwhelming, I'd rather not have to adjust Sound Levels for individual Mods like we have to do for Graphics already.
    - Disappointed with the lack of Liveries/Skins, I was expecting 4 for each car at the very least even if simple basic ones like the McLaren has.
    - Very Disappointed with the apparent lack of Talent Files (again) thus meaning we see a "Test Diver" AI probably due to the above lack of Skins, seeing as the AI in RF2 is widely regarded as the best to yet again leave out a very decent area of the Sim is a poor choice. I've yet to read or see anything that would suggest an alternative to Talent Files is coming so I can only go on what I see and what I see is unfortunately really grating me, surely S397 want to be showing off the best bits of RF2 and individuality in AI is one of those bits. Please revisit this area S397 as I'm concerned you're just ignoring it now and that would be a massive shame & a mistake IMO.

Overall First Impressions:

Worth the price? Yes it was cheap enough so no major complaints but the lack of Talent Files, Skins and mess with having to Manually Add/Boot AI has left a sour taste in my mouth and I'm not really liking the path S397 have set out here. Still no Radical AI update, still no Talent Files for the Civics and now these "simple" GT3 pack issues that really should be coming with the initial release - 6/10

jayarrbee36 and buddhatree like this.
  16. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Hmm.... I actually haven't had the opportunity to look at that that closely yet. That would be interesting for skin making if all that you need to do is move parts around...

17. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

What is the CPM update for? I was hoping it would fix some of the issues with outer patch heating more than inner on maximum camber with some cars. Did it?

18. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

None of the wipers work in the GT3 pack.

Amanda Santini likes this.
  19. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I can not test because of my family constraints.

I am extremely careful that the S397 cars are at least of equal qualities as ISI.

As far as I'm concerned the graphics have no importance.

Only the physics / FFB and also a bit the sound of the cockpit (the outside sound does not matter to me) are important (I do not use the VR, I speak for myself;)).

IMPORTANT:

If some of you want to check that these cars are ISI standards, you have to compare them to the excellent ISI GT3 camaro. That's what I would do when I could.

But considering the comments I am skeptical. If this confirms, I would not understand that S397 is precipitated: the version 1 of a product should as far as possible is excellent. Delay is PREFERABLE.

20. Hany Alsabti

Hany Alsabti Registered

exactly my thoughts. amg ffb is completely broken past 45 degree of rotation (ffb goes light) and the corvette doesn't have linear steering. i'm also using a ts-pc racer.

Amanda Santini likes this.