Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Meetings in London? Hmmm next gen Aston GTE and GT3 confirmed :D :p

bhendrik and jayarrbee36 like this.
  2. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Anyone actually seen this new damage model? Is it for allcars or just the new pack? I for one would be very excited to see more damage in RF2, more like RF1, which has great damage, dents, stuff coming off, effecting the car visually and physically. Damage is very important to me (would'nt have guessed would ya!)

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  3. Magus

Magus Registered

Possibly licensing; Oulton Park, Brands Hatch, & Donington too :)

4. marmagas

marmagas Registered

Merc's FFB is sublime!
    Never before felt like this in my hands!
    Dare to say,here we have GENESIS,that's a GT3 car!
    Thanks S397!

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Thanks S397.
    I am willing to test them asap. Especially the Radical and the Bentley.
    Very good news the completion of the whole range of tires. It was very much expected.

6. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Could somebody make video of the visual damage mentioned in build notes? Would love to see the difference.

vegaguy5555 and dadaboomda like this.
  7. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Registered

Radical, McLaren, Callaway and Bentley (that sound) are really very good. Don't know about the Merc yet.
    @marmagas seems to like the FFB in that car...I don't (yet) if I compare to the others. Don't know what's wrong, my wheel (Fanatec V2/Formula carbon) feels notchy (never had that feel in any car in any sim), while on the others it does not have this issue.

But, I updated to 1109 and now on some tracks (Ricardo Tormo to name one) the tarmac looks and reflects like water.
    No flying dust when touching the grass/gravel either.

Edit: the 1109 open beta does not seem to have the issues I mentioned (at least not the water effect), but now I'm struggling with FPS. Had 23 FPS when leaving the pits and about 50 on track. Way lower than the previous open beta...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    dadaboomda and Rui Santos like this.
  8. soramame

soramame Registered

The left image is the default AMG skin.
    The image on the right is the AMG template.
    Perhaps the template may not have a lighting layer.
    amg okasii.jpg

9. Lgel

Lgel Registered

How can I get rid of the fantasy WFG Mc Laren skins that I don't want to appear as AI?
    Thanks and cheers.

10. I really, really enjoy this GT3 pack. Well done!
    In the tuning menue of the Mercedes I can choose white or yellow, sprint or endurance headlights, is this something that is planned to come to the others cars aswell?

11. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Tried the cars for quite some time today and the Bentley is my favorite so far. It is very responsive in terms of FFB and physics and I especialy like the sound of it. In terms of the modeling and the textures all cars are of very high quality, though I noticed some parts missing/LOD issues on the Corvette and the Radical at medium opponent settings. The driver gets invisible quite early in the Corvette even at full player detail and the mirrors of the Radical are transparent when you look at them from the rear (medium opponent settings that is).

The sounds are very good aswell and the Radical even gets me some Group C vibes. What I would like to see/hear though is a better balance of in car volume vs opponent volume, especialy in the Radical. That aspect works much better with other official content and even mods.

What I also would like to point out that there needs to be some work done to the AI and the diversity. That's one of the major selling points of this sim so don't waste it. Why are drivers called testdriver 26, 62 etc? Give them proper talent files and names as it was handled in the past. In addition to this I don't know how on earth there is only 1 skin for the Corvette, the Mercedes and the Bentley. When you sell such a package I atleast expect 4-5 skins per car to fill a field, even if some of them are fictional or inspired by real liveries. Especialy the Mercedes would have been an easy case as that livery scheme is used in different colour combinations to easily add another 5 cars.

So all in all I am satisfied with my purchase, as there are some unusual cars in the pack (Radical and Callaway) that you don't find in all sims. If S397 can improve upon the points mentioned above for the existing cars and keep them in mind for future and old content, I am willed to spend more money on DLCs if they are interesting for me. A 90's or 80's CART mod with that quality would be an easy desicion for me. :D

Amanda Santini and Emery like this.
  12. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Easiest way is to just un-select them when setting up your weekend. The whole list of cars is at the bottom.

13. Lgel

Lgel Registered

And do it again the next time I want to play?
    Thanks and cheers.

Guimengo likes this.
  14. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Ya. You can also try creating a vmod, but that may be a lot of work.

15. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Registered

Agreed. It surprised me too.
    But it is still early release and I expect some more liveries to arrive soon...I hope... :rolleyes:

16. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

So you are refering to the driver of your car, seen from external cams ?

17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Could release the cars with simple skins like the McLaren WFG skins, around 30 just so we can have a nice public server race without everyone having the same stuff

18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks you tried to help me, not your fault.
    Hope the new UI will improve those matters, RF2 in 2017 is less user friendly that RF1 in 2005.
    I suppose repackaging won't work due to DRM protection.
    Cheers.

19. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Great. But the FPS in this new build is worse than before. :(

20. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

What is the new damage like??