Rfactor 2 Lifetime license - Help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by juanarg70, Feb 16, 2017.

1. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Hi, I'm new to Rfactor2 and I want to get the lifetime license. Been searching on the internet but cant get this one right. Im an old days gamer and this lite, steam, no steam or lifetime is going to make my head explode.
    Buying it on steam is around US$ 32 but I cant understand where to buy the Lifetime license. From what I saw on internet it should be around US$100.. so that US$32 price tag seems odd to me.
    Let me know if I'm correct on this: I should buy the US$ 32 steam version and then, upgrade it to Lifetime license at whatever cost..
    please help!!!

2. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

Buy the steam license and you are done.

"Now let’s talk about online. Since the release of rFactor 2 the pricing consisted of a one time payment and an online subscription, with the option of buying a lifetime version of that subscription. Over the years we have received a lot of questions about charging extra for online access, and what people were getting for this in return.

We understand that online racing is key to the future of the platform. As online racers ourselves, we have decided to provide online access for everybody with the Steam version for free – simplifying the pricing model and encouraging everybody to race online. Steam will take care of automated updates. We recognise that some of you have made this purchase over the past few months, and it was a difficult decision. However, we’re positive that you’ll agree we’ve made the right decision for the future of the platform."
    https://www.studio-397.com/2016/12/roadmap-update-december-2016/

3. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

So.. to put this one to rest.. the steam version is a lifetime license for rfactor2?

many thanks and regards

4. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

Yes.
    You're welcome. ;)

juanarg70 likes this.
  5. Heath J

Heath J Registered

So.....the online content isn't necessarily free for those with a lifetime license? I think I paid ~$80 usd (nearly 2yrs ago) for a lifetime license. Looking at the new GT3 pack, it appears the cars must be purchased.

6. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Yes Heath.
    The GT3 pack is paid content.
    Its up to you to buy or not buy.
    There is a lot of good free GT3 cars.
    The lifetime license which I also paid full price for 5 years or so ago has now been outdated as the sim does not require an annual fee anymore for online racing.
    Personally I am happy. I paid to have RF2 for life. I still have RF2 for life. They changed the pricing model, that happens with consumer products. If their strategy injects new momentum into what is for me the worlds best sim I am happy.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That is correct you must purchase if you wish to use them, in that two years Studio397 took over RFactor2 Development from ISI and they need an income for continuing development.

8. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

I fully support paid content in rf2. I'll be happy to pay for a fwd power pack. Keep bringing that great content studio397:):):)

9. Heath J

Heath J Registered

Fair enough. I understand. Thanks for the explanation! Hopefully, it all falls well short (in terms of pricing) of iRacing. That is way too expensive.

David O'Reilly likes this.