[WIP] rFactor Import/Export Scripts for Blender

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Traveller, Jun 17, 2015.

1. francy03

francy03 Registered

you Traveler!!!!!! was it difficult?
    Now I activated the add-on but I have this error: err.png how I can fix it?
    Thanks again and goodbye

2. Traveller

Traveller Member

It's probably one of the reasons why 0.75 is long gone. So, I've included 0.78 for Blender 2.74 in the first post. See if those work.

Out of curiosity, why are you still using 2.74?

3. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Just have done a quick test too using 2.78 (not 2.78 though) and got a pretty similar error. On first sight the message "unknown location" and references to non-existing paths made me wonder if this error is connected to a wrong temporary path reference in the script!?
    However, I just opened some other single files and never got the error (yet). It only happened when I opened a bunch of files at the same time o_O

4. Traveller

Traveller Member

Ahh..... I've had that.

Loading via a track SCN file or a car GEN file? Place the track folder in a "locations" folder and the car folder in a "vehicles" folder. The folder hunt looks to find those two specific folders to use as the base.

5. Vincent Dimaio

Vincent Dimaio Registered

hi all,

- it's possible to export object + animation with plugins ?

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

and how to make animation for rF2 with Blender? Can`t find a useful tutorial...

7. Newt_for_Pres

Newt_for_Pres Registered

Are there any plans to add support for 2.79? I tried to activate the scripts and got this error.

Image 3.jpg

8. Traveller

Traveller Member

First post updated with links to scripts for Blender 2.79. Download your favorite flavor of bits.

9. Traveller

Traveller Member

Animation is currently not supported. I'm trying to work out how import it.

10. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Surely that's a simple piece of information S397 could help you with. I don't understand why we still have to use very outdated tools.

Guimengo likes this.
  11. rlong

rlong Member

The animation file (ANM) appears to be a Max BiPed based file, which is not documented anywhere I can find. I know Traveller has been working on getting it into Blender for a while.

12. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I dont know code. But afaik The only way the .anm file is made is through the rf2 max plugins. Max itself can't do it. It might be max based but surely S397 could help.

13. Traveller

Traveller Member

That's more than I know. Not that it means anything to me. I've never used 3DSMax. I haven't done any real work on ANM's. I'm trying to get the rigs to at least look good in GMT's on import. One step at a time. I can get windshield wipers to look halfway decent-- but not 100% correct. I run the same code for corner workers and the result looks like it would be very painful in real life. The guy who did Z-Modeler got it to work. So it can be done. It's just beyond my knowledge right now.

As I posted in Discord, until I'm done with the heavy work load at work, not much is going to be done with these scripts. I just don't feel like thinking much when I get home. I just do low level mental activity waiting for the headache to go away, and recover enough for the next day's festivities.

S397, like ISI before them, doesn't have to provide information or help at all. They've provided a tool for folks to use. I just have no interest in a multiple tool work flow. If I did, I'd still be using the Blender-3DSimEd combination.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    adamfarmer likes this.
  14. rlong

rlong Member

I am willing to poke around in a cornerworker BVH file (the easiest for me to understand), or a FBX animation file - if either of those are possible to export from Max. FBX has a number of animation variants, might need to figure out which is the most useful for a Blender import. Also, would need the driver GMT that is associated with the animation to be exported as a FBX mesh (should include the rigging). Let me know if anyone is able to assist with exports. Thanks.

Traveller and adamfarmer like this.
  15. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Hi @Traveller

is the plugin able to work in linux? i'm using blender 2.79 in windows and linux, windows work fine but linux spits out a Bad magic error?

Cheers
    Daniel

16. Traveller

Traveller Member

The source scripts I have should. I don't know about the compiled scripts in the downloads.

If I ever find a current Linux distro that plays nice with my third monitor, I'd check myself.

17. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Thanks Mate no rush.

it was more just to experiment blender performance vs windows.

Cheers
    Daniel

18. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

@Traveller is there something wrong with the plugin for blender 2.79? exporting seems to take a very very long time and at this stage for me it has stopped working.

19. Traveller

Traveller Member

How does it stop? Is there an error? Window/Toggle System Console to watch.

20. Trev Rich

Trev Rich Registered

Sorry all, new to this!
    I've installed the script to Blender.....
    I have a model with the materials applied...
    I should now be able to export to .gmt or am I confused as I have no option to do so...