I'd like to start fresh

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NickSpeed, Oct 12, 2017.

1. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

My issue is that I installed too many tracks and cars and now I would like to go back to the original setup and start adding cars and tracks when I see fit.

Is there anyway besides reinstalling/re-downloading Rfactor2 that can make this happen?

Already went into the content manager and uninstalled/deleted some stuff, but I'm not sure it's really helping.

2. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

If you subscribed to content in the workshop, you should unsubscribe again. Otherwise the content will keep coming back (if you manually uninstall it). Content you manually installed, you can also manually uninstall again.

vegaguy5555 and Amanda Santini like this.
  3. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

I was doing that as well. I guess I'll keep on doing this, or just uninstall the whole game and re-download?

4. fullsus

fullsus Registered

Start fresh.

1) Unsubscribe workshop that you don't want.

2) At steam menu delete game.

3) At rfactor2 installed folder you must delete folder of rfactor2. If you don't delete, all setting will be the same. It does not fresh install.

5. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

I did that and the game works twice as fast now :) Also adding one car/track at a time and not overdoing it with workshop downloads this time around.

Here's an idea for rfactor2 developers....have a seal of approval for tracks and cars that are 9/10 quality. That way just as I re-downloaded all ISI/official content I can know what I'm getting myself into before I download anything else.

6. stonec

stonec Registered

Well all S397 workshop conent is official content built by the studio, so it doesn't make sense they would rate their own content to better or worse. The ISI workshop is another matter, it contains some remains of old ISI content and 3PA mods. ISI workshop items gets subscribed automatically, S397 items doesn't. I'm not aware if ISI workshop auto subscription can be removed in easy way, as at least last time I did a fresh install it installed all the old 3PA stuff as well.

7. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

i meant everything else besides ISI stuff - no question what they put out if quality and represents the game. There have just been a few times where I download a 3rd party from the workshop only to find that it's half finished. So no issues with the developers I think they put out amazing content no questions asked.

8. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

In terms of cars, I only use ISI / S397 content.

So I am absolutely sure that 95% of my cars are of a very high quality (except a few cars like the nissan gt500).

At least 20 very varied cars are concerned what suits me perfectly (offline player using rf2 to train me in complement of piloting in real life).

This is good advice but there are excellent mods (apex gt3)