[REL] GP3 SERIES 2016/2017/2018 2.31

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Jun 4, 2017.

1. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Car or track, it is hard to say...
    Specifically for Donington
    , be sure to use the latest Version 1.3 - 23 Aug 2017. Same problem occurred at the same place (Turn 2 to 5) with other mods (including ApexGT3 and ISI Megane).

2. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Not easy to answer and I haven't an answer that can point to a track bug/issue or to a car bug/issue.

To keep it easy I can say that we discussed time ago, internally, about this matter and that in the mod there aren't mistakes.
    In some case it depends of the track and can be a "gap" in the terrain (where gap can means several things, from a hole to a wrong attribute for a part of the whole mesh) or any other weird thing, also depending of the height of part of the curb...

But obviously the ride height of a mod is something that can make the difference and we have few things that can concur: one or more wrong coordinates for the undertrays, the collide mesh, simply the mod too much closed to the ground.

For what I know, as you can see in the picture below (part of the Physics Spreadsheet), the undertrays of the mod are well positioned, no doubts. And take in mind that changing their height means to influence the aero of the mod itself, no longer respecting real data.

GP3_undertrays.jpg

I must add that we tested the mod only on ISI/S397 tracks and we never had a similar issue. Privately I tested also the mod at SPA and Monza and again I never had problems. Of course it means nothing... because I believe (and I've seen) that in other cases there were accidents.
    To know that it can happen on same track with different mods should point more to the track than the mods, but, again it could be a combination of more things.
    Maybe a safest setting, not to much extreme, could be of help...
    I hope more expert people than me and we know they are S397, will find the right answer.

Lgel, Corti and bwana like this.
  3. bwana

bwana Registered

I tried dozens of times to recreate at Barcelona on same corner but couldn't , another member found another corner where he had the car leap in the air and last week l believe he also had a car explosion at the Aring . We couldn't conirfm if it was car or track related as well . Thanks again for this great car

4. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Same problem at a newly released official track, Zandvoort.

This happened I believe to two drivers at the same place during the race, I personally missed this race so have not driven the GP3 there.
    Note that we use low damage percentage so there is no bodywork flying around.
    I tend to believe it is more to do with small errors in track design, curbs in particular but I wish I knew more, I do not.
    Any track I've raced the GP3 this season have not had a problem or seen anyone else have one.

Magus and bwana like this.
  5. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Mr.D is still following us and maybe in the future we'll release a new update for new tires, but I cannot anticipate anything of what is S397 field...

Mr.D analysis (in red), reading MoTeC data of few laps at Silverstone long, saturated path, hard compound, DRS in use for the most of the time (and black my answers/italic for comments):
    I´m looking at data and seems still going low in press, remember the mid pressure I sent to you last time everyone is going about 19,5-20 in front and 18,5-19 on rear tyres, always in PSI.
    I know, you are right but this was default value as we have available by Dallara range. I'll try to have more inflated tires at the start to see what pressure I'll reach and then I'll report to you. - I did other tests and first line of the post is self-explanatory

Need to close bit more brakes to get a good End of straight temp.
    No problem at all: again it was NEW default value 50% and NEW brakes value... I'll close more and we'll see next test

I cant find any channel related to the DRS open or close, so can´t identify when is open or close, only on long acc can see something but must to be seen also in Dampers.
    Added channel to workspace by PLAYLIFE, ready for next tests

=====================
    Now Mr. D added few info and suggestions about the driving style of the GP3. As you can see in my avatar, I'm used to drive different vehicles and throttle is a leverage, LOL...
    Seriously, I can affirm that all of us are used to drive in the sim not like in real life and we can see it looking at tire wear and, once again, the understeer is something due to our driving style: but you can read the lines below differently by me...

In driving main issue, is you need to let the car to tun bit more time, letting the car rolling bit more and then back on power, you feel the car going slow and try to back on power too early and this made the understeer that appears, wait a bit more to back on power, this will decrease the understeer and you will be allow to back to full power early.

Braking shape is good but I will try to do a bit more regression, seems you are turning in with too much pressure so this will create the turn in understeer.

When you lift the tps on fast corners, try not to do it quick is better keep more % and lift more time than lift too much and back on power quick, this unbalance the car changing too quick the load front-rear- front, if you keep more % and lift for more time the car didn't change too much the RH so will be balance for more time.

Tomorrow will compare also with real data in wintax so can check the big differences and tell you were to improve the mod and you.
    At the moment this last analysis must be kept private, sorry.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

it is exciting that you are getting data AND such in-depth analysis. Best of luck going on with this!

7. bwana

bwana Registered

Intriguing reading !

8. Lefteris Axiotis

Lefteris Axiotis Registered

GP3 SERIES 2016
    build 1.31 - update
    Game keeps on crashing randomly. Verifyied files, removed pluggins and it keeps on crashin randomly on multiple members of our leauge. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Thnx in advance.

bwana likes this.
  9. Magus

Magus Registered

No, works fine for me

bwana likes this.
  10. Lefteris Axiotis

Αnother thing. At very slow corners when drivers need to use all of their steering wheel, wheels of the car seem to point at one direction for a prolonged period of time and then come back to their proper position. To try and describe that as an image since i dont have on handy: You take a left hand tight corner. Wheel normally turn to the left, you exit the corner and center the steering wheel and wheels keep on pointing to the left. Afer a while wheels snap out of it and work normally as they are supposed to. Has anyone notice anything like it?

11. Jego

Jego Registered

You mean like this?

12. Lefteris Axiotis

ΥES!!!! Thats what i was talking about exactly, thnx!

13. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I never have had this.

14. Christos Segkounas

Does it happen live or during the replay only.
    Because I have noticed some strange behavior during replay playback but nothing untoward during live racing.

15. Jego

Jego Registered

I can't say that at the moment, as I have not raced the gp3 car since I got my rift and before that, I had disabled the virtual steering wheel. But as far as I recall I did try it with the virtual wheel enabled and it also snapped to the opposite lock like in the replay.
    I did not have time to dig into it deeper as I had no time to do so. I did however sent the developers that mail and they said that no one else had reported something alike.

16. RoWo

RoWo Member

I experienced the same. Also I can remember, we had this with URD/STK-GT-Mod in the hairpin of Macau. So maybe not Mod related.

17. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

As I said time ago, we never were able to have/replicate a similar issue... I can't be sure of anything of course, but I'd investigate in:
    - device in use (steering wheel manufacturer and model)
    - windows driver of the device
    - setting of the device driver and in game too, like strength, dead zone, filter...
    - potential issue with out of sync (check CTRL+C to look at purple bar if in that moment becomes indented)
    - any plugin etc.. in use

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    Lefteris Axiotis likes this.
  18. McFlex

McFlex Registered

I think it is just a visual error. The car doesn't actual steer into the other direction. Just the wheel animation is wrong

19. Christos Segkounas

Well, I have noticed this very often but only during replays.
    To me it seemed as though the driver would counter steer mid corner to catch oversteer but the animation had the steering wheel and wheels snap in the opposite direction and back where one would expect a smoother transition/animation.

20. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

I have never experienced this but would suggest it to be not mod related.