Latest Roadmap Update - September 2017

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I never said I don't enjoy RF2 currently, just right at this precise moment in time I have 3 other games vying for my limited gaming time and recently I've been unable to have any decent Sim time at all, is that OK with you?

No racing Sim is easy to drive when you're hungover...especially in VR ;)

Yes I'm well aware of that and have said before that I applaud constructive critism, but relentless continuation (read Whining) in various threads about the same subject is not just boring but incredibly pointless, make your point and move on, it's simple really.

I'm a member of this community, this toxic riddled community and just like you and the rest of the Doom & Gloom merchants I have the right to say my piece. You and others may not agree with what i have to say but the stark fact of the matter is you're all just wasting your time as much as I am :)

Exactly, you're now seeing my side of things, but alas there are those that we've talked about who go out of their way to belittle something that they have no clue about whatsoever. RF2 as it stands is a thoroughly great racing simulator, there will be problems yes, there will be frustrations yes but at the end of the day it's not a matter of life & death like some in this thread alone portray it to be.

2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Show me where I hate and what I've said that's false,I'm not claiming anything unlike the broken records that is you and spastic.
    it's all good though,people can see your little gaggle for what they are.

You know what I'm done,too much bad attitudes and negatives within this forum

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Exactly Dan, the locals get angry but it happens in every gaming forum, you should see the Elite Dangerous forums...literally minutes after one update people are asking about the next one!

4. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

I have an idea!
    Everyone stay calm and we go alltogheter to eat a bananapizz...ahem...nevermind...:p

5. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

DX11, new UI, GT3s.
    The 3 things that are expected to have the positive impact that RF2 needs right now against hard comp and also become modernized.
    The huge projects they need to and have been concentrating on instead of little thinhs here and there.
    None of them trully ready but anyone doubt they are working flat out on them?
    As for DX11, it will form the basis for the gradual graphical future improvements of the sim to stay with the times.
    So when will it be ready for the switch?
    Well, if I had to guess I would say that once the new UI is released and functional will be the tiome to switch to DX11.
    Because now everyone are missing their mods.
    It's the new UI that is going to ease DX11 onto people's PCs.
    And after that they will have to really do some work on promoting the online racing and making bringing people together much easier than it is now, something that the new UI is probably designed with in mind.

6. demerzel

demerzel Registered

According to the devs. By the end of September.

"In May we announced the “open beta” of our brand new DX11 engine and in the following months we have received a lot of feedback and support from the community that have lead to numerous improvements to the performance and visual fidelity. Our plan is to make DX11 our new default at the end of September."

https://www.studio-397.com/2017/08/roadmap-update-august-2017/

:D

7. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

They didn't say which year...so please stop complaining!
    Just kidding about the year part...not about complains...

demerzel likes this.
  8. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I would like to allow people to discuss freely, but if you guys can't calm down, that will have to change. Not everything someone says is a personal attack against you, so don't take it as that.

lagg and Will Mazeo like this.
  9. stonec

stonec Registered

If there is one reason to make DX11 default as soon as possible, that would be to gain new users. The community waited long for rF2 to have great looking colors and post effects. They are here now, but not for the new user who starts the game in DX9, which is the most important part. Once you are into rF2 you kind of forget about graphics, but for someone who is not familiar with the game, the first thing he looks at is graphics. It's a bit too much to ask for every new user to immediately know about beta branches etc, plus the demo doesn't have those either way. I can click through the branches to go back to DX9 in order to get the plugins back when I need to do a league race. So it should be this way IMO, not the other way.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  10. Comante

Comante Registered

Years ago, there was a modding team that was working on an enhanced version of Falcon 4.0 , at some point, they decided that they had enough, and stopped posting their work on the forums. They were doing it for free in their free time, yet people complained continuosly and begged for more content or more teasers here and there. They kept working, but stopped wasting time behind that people.

Alessio Feletto and John like this.
  11. Lgel

Lgel Registered

It's not just game developers, there isn't hardly anyone who welcomes criticism even when positive (me included alas).

That's why political leaders (kings of the past, big corporation leaders of today) were always surrounded of counselors that only had praise for their actions.

That's why political leaders are so far from their citizens real problems, or some product managers so far from their clients needs.

Cheers.

12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Great point.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  13. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Very good post. I see much the same behaviour in forums devoted to other interests of mine. It's annoying, wading through negativity to find something useful.

14. LokiD

LokiD Registered

is it just me or have I seen this same old theatrical in every forum. The same conclusion the same mod intervention the same community understanding.

is it just me or am I the only one bored with the internet and the same old arguments and justifications.

I was once that guy who argued until I raged at my keyboard. Now I don't care. yes ill have my say if i see an Ai issue or something odd with the game. But all this bs....

nah I'm done. We've all been here before

it's about time

I stopped reading them.

Daniel Surace and jayarrbee36 like this.
  15. elbo

elbo Registered

At work we have clients, we set dates for the completion of their projects. Sometimes we fail to meet them. Sometimes its our fault. Sometimes there are external factors which come into play. Always we let our clients know why we will be late and update them on the new expected finishing date. Seems like common courtesy given that they are paying us to do a job for them. Now I suppose you could argue that they sold us RF2 and that contract is now done with. I would be fine with that. If that's the case then stop updating us about new things coming and sell us RF3 when you are done. Not this drip of updates to come...maybe...one day...it just breeds frustration.

16. Filip

Filip Registered

It is a bit strange considering that the other software studio with similar user-base is imo more communicative but...
    For a one-time price of 30EUR I don't expect anything and every news and/or update is a bonus.
    If I am in rF2 devs shoes I would probably do the same. Why bother informing small and ungrateful forum population with news and delay explanations? It wouldn't help sales but create just more threads and angry posts for a moderator to read.

David Kolody and patchedupdemon like this.
  17. Comante

Comante Registered

Elbo the comparison doesn't hold much water. Your customer is probably not a bipolar asshat that ask continuosly to have your product updated, refined, expanded, they probably do not set the priority of your company about your product development, about your company strategy, and so on. They do not say : I paid your product, so you have to fix my issue before moving to fix the issue of anyone else, or to improve the product so you can have the revenue to afford fixing my little problem.

jayarrbee36 and patchedupdemon like this.
  18. Comante

Comante Registered

Here, everyone that bought RF2, think to be the CEO of Studio397, they discuss development plan, priorities, features to be introduced, discarded, things to be supported, communications, and over and over and over.

19. Lgel

Lgel Registered

My experience in software development and management seems alas to contradict yours.

We had a weekly reporting of project progress to customers, in case of serious problems we had to report at least twice by hour (24x7 all days of the year).

Clients didn't share our point of view at all when we were late (by the fact we could never tell a client a week before due date that the project was one month or two late for instance) - bi polar would be a very kind description of a client when a boatload of money was involved-, and your job was seriously at risk, as many experienced.

Cheers.

Juergen-BY and DaREALMastaD like this.
  20. Filip

Filip Registered

What money are we talking about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.