Latest Roadmap Update - September 2017

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yep that attitude right there is pointless to argue with, better off talking to a brickwall!

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The consistently negative posts in recent weeks by people who claim to know it all when they quite clearly don't is unfortunate, if they actually even tried to understand what goes on behind the scenes of a Sim Racing Developer then maybe they'd understand better and show some respect. But it's the same old names spouting the same old relentless downtrodden attitudes that have plagued this forum in recent times, they always look at the viewpoint from their own eyes and not that from the the Developers. It's quite blatantly clear to understand that things change, problems arise, priorities shift when creating a Software title but the Doom & Gloom merchants only see the dark side and want to have their rants and disguise it through poorly written posts time after time after time after time.
    The records been broken a thousand times, the horse has been well and truly flossed.

3. demerzel

demerzel Registered

[​IMG]

Enjoy the brick wall.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

#MissingThePoint

5. Tony

Tony Registered

So I've just looked at the September roadmap (yea, I know it's October now) ..& I think the future for us hardcore/league sim-racers with rF2 looks great

Most of the guys here will know I've been asking for this feature for years, & thankyou studio-397 for finally enabling it & bringing it to us :)

Maybe have even more wet stuff swirling around & off the rear wheels? - still looks great though & I realise it's a beta clip that you didn't have to show us at all ;)

rF2 has always been - & is our sim of choice (league racing - F1SR)

adamfarmer likes this.
  6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

7. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

What have you been posting to forums is false info and when someone proves you are wrong you hate the guy
    Are you any better then rest off us one may ask ?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    Guimengo likes this.
  8. Lgel

Lgel Registered

When you car lets you down repeatedly on the road, what point of view do you have?
    Yours, or the manufacturer's?
    Do you buy again a mediocre car from a manufacturer due to the fact that you pity their obsolete factory, obsolete designs, and under staffed engineering department (because you understand how difficult life is for them)?
    RF2 is a mass market product, here most of us are just clients, it is normal we express our views as clients.
    We have paid for a product, and we are expected to pay more in the future (via DLCs), the least we can do is express our view not the developer's.

Cheers.

9. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Yes, those are hard facts, they won't change by rosy postings in this forum.
    Cheers.

dadaboomda, peterchen and demerzel like this.
  10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

A couple of guys went from "Look what I think it's wrong with the game" to "I hope it fails so I feel better telling you I'm right".
    Add those to ignore list and enjoy peace. If only I do it but you keep feeding the negativity is annoying because the thread starts making no sense :D

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You quite clearly didn't state that.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Completely different, a road car costs thousands (mine did anyway) whereas this game costs pittance, try again.

13. demerzel

demerzel Registered

While you are right you can do that. But. :D
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostrich_policy

dadaboomda and Lgel like this.
  14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

It's not about this, I know the problems exist, I suggested ideas, I wish they could be solved faster and in a way that will make the game better for new comers, but posting the same thing every day (really they do it!) wont help to make things faster. Coding is no magic and people cant expect miracles from a small team, plain and simple. Our only choice is to wait or leave. ;)
    And as I said, some guys really started wishing the game to fail now, they are doing nothing else at this point.

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Precisely, both you and I have posted about our issues and at things not seemingly being worked on but we left it at that.

The constant need to spout the same drivel day in day out does not make S397 work harder & faster, I wouldn't be surprised if they chose to ignore it after the first post anyway. By all means say your piece and move on, it really isn't hard to go and play something else for a bit and get away from any frustrations you may have with RF2 as it currently is. I for one am currently enjoying about 3 other games whilst I await the GT3 pack and next Update, but alas today I am hungover and the only thing I can concentrate on is laughing at the consistent whiners getting their knickers in a twist over something that A) they have no control over and B) have no clue about. Respect is a word some need to learn the meaning of.

John, DaVeX and Narrowbackwing like this.
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

What's your problem ? You the new Mod around here or something ? GGF !
    And i see you commenting on people's English being below basic and the you post a sentence like this ! lol .

Guimengo likes this.
  17. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Look at what you wrote, I believe it is not what you intended:
    "I for one am currently enjoying about 3 other games whilst I await the GT3 pack and next Update"
    Why don't you enjoy RF2 and it's superior physics instead of enjoying 3 other games?

Myself I played Rf2 for 2 hours this morning, I tried the nice and free GT3 mod from Gpfan with eight different GT3 cars, so I can wait peacefully for paying the four GT3 DLC.

"but alas today I am hungover and the only thing I can concentrate on is laughing at the consistent whiners getting their knickers in a twist over something that A) they have no control over and B) have no clue about. Respect is a word some need to learn the meaning of."

Thank the consistent whiners that give you so much amusement, and give you after all the occasion of teaching them "Respect is a word some need to learn the meaning of."

You would have wasted your time playing RF2 instead.

Cheers.

18. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Seriously mate I'm not sure what you expect. Mostly when people "complain" it's because they love rfactor 2 and want to see improvements. I think that's better than an absent community. No matter what you do or what you say, people will complain and they will discuss negative things about rf2, but again only because they genuinely care for the game or otherwise they wouldn't bother.

You say that people should move on to other things, well maybe you should to? There isn't any point being the official rf2 guard dog. Your responses to a lot of comments don't do yourself or anybody any favours and there just isn't any need for them. You don't work for s397 so please don't feel you need to take a bite at any negative or critical comment. Chill out and let it go, ignore these comments (unless you actually have any constructive feedback) and just focus on what you enjoy from the game.

Again people will complain and there isn't anything you can do or anyone can do. Just let it rest. This is a genuine comment as I see a lot of negativity thrown at eachother around here. I think we should just let everyone share their own views and unless we have something to contribute to just let it be. I know I have had some frustrating moments on this forum but mostly I am happy with rf2 but can definitely see it can improve. Rfactor 2 is just a game and to see people fight eachother over it is just silly. Be nice to eachother, there are much bigger problems out there in the world.

19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

OMG again.
    My words:
    DX11 is beta now.
    Actual DX11 build is open-beta according to game properties-betas. The latest reported DX11 update is dated July 7th (1944770) according to the thread where DX11 beta updates were supposed to be announced.

There have not been changes not been changes or fixes to the issues why it is still in beta stage.
    Actual build (2008937) is for including DLC requirements and no other changes were introduced as it was announced on August 1. If other things have introduced we don't know. Studio397 (4th world) stopped updating the thread. 4th world was the responsible for the DX11 conversion as he already clarified it when he first posted in this forum in January 2017. His latest activity for many months was the end of July. I can see he watched the forums on Monday after a two month disappear.

So if nothing relevant dx11 has changed in the last two months what makes it now different to make it default option?

You are falsely accusing me of not having said something that I said. You either cannot read or have a dangerous fixation on my person.

Guimengo, demerzel and MarcG like this.
  20. LokiD

LokiD Registered

anyone notice how these forums get when there's been a lack of updates.

humans eh?

Ari Antero, SPASKIS and Will Mazeo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.