USA and F1 TV

Discussion in 'Real Racing Discussion' started by Shamrock, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

ESPN turned it's back on racing a decade ago. They were convinced the NFL and the other kickball game would be all they needed for long term ratings bonanzas. Most likely the same production company will handle the actual broadcast, so we'll get some form of the current broadcasters from NBCSN which all previously had migrated from the Speed Channel after that was bought by Nascar and they phased out all things not Nascar. That means Good ol David Hobbs, Steve Machett, and either Bob Varsha or Leigh Diffey.

3. bwana

bwana Registered

Please Please not Leigh Duffy .. glad l can watch sky sport still

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

lol
    I remember being in the US at some point years ago, flicking channels, finding something with Leigh Diffey commentating... I said hey, that's Leigh Diffey... someone said, you want to watch it for a bit? I said, na...

bwana likes this.
  5. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

Awww, poor Leigh... everybody bashin on him.
    "Its time to bring the action!!!"
    LOL
    At least I wont have to watch it streamed from Sky Sports.

bwana likes this.
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

remember, I was only GUESSING they'd keep the same production company & announcers. I haven't even read the article, just using the past to forecast the future.

rocketjockeyr6 and bwana like this.
  7. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

I could live without Leigh or Steve, but if we lose Hobbo I might stop watching F1 on TV... "Cor---blimey!" :eek::D

8. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

Yep, I remember vividly. ABC (ESPN parent Co.) had Indycar, ESPN2 had Champ Car and ESPN had F1, all at once.

As for Leigh Diffey, I prefer him 3 steps above Bob Varsha. I swear Bob is on pain killers or something. He couldn't get anyone's blood pressure up if he had an IV.

I could care less about David Hobbs, but I love Steve Matchett. He is VERY good at teaching technical subjects.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Hobbs for me was at his best when he was teasing Alain Prost on air. The Brit in him just couldn't let any little jab go by. Prost would make a pass for the lead and Hobbs would say he's applied the Koop de Graycie. [deliberately mispronouncing it}