Latest Roadmap Update - September 2017

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

really that is false, the water drops in a formula one almost do not exist, due to the wind speed and aerodynamics of the car, even more than the pilot who is very involved very low bone

2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

It is 2010 rFactor 2 rain experiment, - fix animation, not dynamic......:rolleyes:

3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

is not real, rain is practically nonexistent in the helmet of the pilot

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

So that would be why ex-driver F1 commentators always say it looks much worse to the driver than it really is, because it rains lightly and they can barely see where they're going?

5. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

What excomentarians? lobato lol... what they do not see is when they go behind a car by the spray ,if you go first see the braking references perfectly, do not get confused, (pedro de la rosa:the rain disappears instantly from the viewfinder)

6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

if you are looking for a comment to discuss you are wasting time

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Brundle has said it repeatedly. He's not talking about spray, he's talking about some drops hitting the visor and making it seem like it's raining heavily when it isn't.

8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

brundle the last time I sat in a formula 1 I had short pants , the current aerodynamics plus the center of gravity and position have changed from when piloting the, Pedro de la Rosa said that the drops of water disappeared instantly because of the speed and aerodynamics , another thing is to see or not see when you go behind another car, and do not take out of context what he said brundle, referred to spray

9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  10. Comante

Comante Registered

Well, you first said it was inaccurate, then said that it was the case with older cars. the car in the video is a Skip Barber, not a F1, here your head is completely in the windstream.. so... unless you drove one in the rain....

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Except for when he drove a Mercedes, at Silverstone, in the wet, just a year or two ago?

CamiloNino likes this.
  12. Filip

Filip Registered

Whatever the thruth is, I doubt we'll get rain graphics dependent on speed of vehicle.
    Anybody knows what is PCars 2 like in that regard?

13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

no, the aerodynamic was not the same before now nor the position of the pilot

14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Excepto por cuando condujo un Mercedes, en Silverstone, en el húmedo, hace apenas un año o dos? [/ CITA]
    go to the project car forum,is another graphics engine, studio397 is working on it, already said its roadmap, patience

the video of rain that spoke of the rain I said: that it was not realistic to see the video again

that is not even seen in a f4, which has nothing to do with the aerodynamics of f1, annoys more the vision the inner fog
    apart from that the visor comes prepared with plastic sheets that repel the water

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's always the question, isn't it? Short of modelling each drop I suppose there's always a compromise, but I hope it doesn't feel too scripted or repetitive. The drops sitting on the side windows in the rF2 rain shots from the expo were a little worrying, but I suppose that's the danger with any simulation - closer you get to reality, the further away you are, because people notice the details that aren't right. 25 years ago the blue sky turning grey in a driving game indicated wet weather, and it was surprisingly effective.

Emery likes this.
  16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

they have nothing to do with the current visors or the helmets of now with those of before, it is more for an advertising test nor if they have transpàrentes laminas the helmets,neither rain nor dirt is absurd

17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

who wants to project car to go to his forum, this is rfactor and once studio 397 gets to work, you have to have patience

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

PS @juanchioooo we know that rain test video isn't realistic, we knew that at the time it came out. As Ari said above, it's just an animation. But I still don't think rain drops 'almost don't exist' for F1 drivers. Maybe I'm taking your wording too literally.

19. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Damn it, I expected to find something more interesting to discuss and kill my time with until the GT3 pack comes out than simulation of rain drops on F1 driver's helmets:(
    Feel like I'm riding a London bus to work.

John likes this.
  20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

It's hard to discuss anything when the guy's english is below basic anyway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.