The characteristics of the ideal simulation according to the users of Rfactor 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dadaboomda, Sep 27, 2017.

1. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Hopefully they have the same goals and priorities as we do,as some or most I've heard are sim racers themselves.

The trick is getting the priority in order that would pls most people

dadaboomda likes this.
  2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Maybe it's because you openly admitted to pirating other software :rolleyes:

Jon and Will Mazeo like this.
  3. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Perhaps. I downloaded AC crack version just to try it. I tried it 3 days perhaps 4 (~6 hours) (like a demo). I think there is no demo of AC. The FFB is very very bad. The game was uninstalled since about 15 days. I DON'T THINK IT'S BAD !! Will I go to hell ? (lol)

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

#Facepalm

Jon and vittorio like this.
  5. Mulero

Mulero Registered

There is a thread in which a performance comparison between DX9 and DX11 was performed. You did the test yourself and you could see the results.

My system is not the problem, it was updated due to the big problems with the DX11 version of rF2, although this was no good. Fortunately other games were very benefited by the change so the problems (and playing time) in rF2 have become practically irrelevant.

6. Filip

Filip Registered

So you think that companies priorities are wrong and intent of your post is to sort best priorities for rF2 which would be according to you:

TOP 1) Physics of cars
    TOP 2) Further improve the FFB [if possible].
    TOP 3) Quality of cars made by ISI / Studio 397:
    4) Rain :
    5) Tracks :
    6) Real road :
    7) Graphics:
    7.1 - Graphic optimization :
    7.2 - Graphic quality:
    VR:
    8) Improvement of head and engine physics
    9) Improvement of sounds :
    10) Weather / conditions :
    11) 4WD :

You don't even consider online competition system and new UI which are among current top priorities of S397.

To have influence on S397 development strategy and rF2 positioning in the world of racing sims you should IMO:

- donate large sum of money to S397 or
    - have a support for YOUR EXACT priorities from significant percentage of rF2 players or
    - get employed by S397 on a position where you can change things inside the company

Good luck!

P.S.
    I think it would be very helpful for a company if you evaluated each of this 11 priorities in more details with project plans, technology specification, man-days estimation, risks involved and stuff like that.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  7. Filip

Filip Registered

Have you tried LUT generator?

dadaboomda likes this.
  8. patchedupdemon

Yeah I did the test and got near enough exactly the same performance,but considering the graphics are better in dx11 I'd say that a nothing to complain about

9. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Totally agreed ....

Patchedupdemon already gave the answer, You need money to keep a team capable of improving the simulator. It explains why competition system and paid content are priorities.

Marcel is a hardcore sim guy, definitely physics will not be forgotten.

I'm sure that studio397 is going on the right direction.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    bluet and patchedupdemon like this.
  10. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I could have answered some messages somewhat unfair and sometimes sarcastic and not to say worse.

I will just say this:

- This subject (I do not say that because it was I who created it) could have been for ISI and the users very interesting and very useful.
    In view of what I will NOT call "respectful of the different ideas", I believe that I will stop here.

- Why try to improve things when we are confronted with an ultra-closed community closed to new ideas / changes / attempts to improve (not everyone).
    And when we confront a moderator "made by ISI" which closes a subject that is not entirely in favor of Studio 397 but which aims only to their success (all qualities and defects/mistakes/bad priorities being pointed at).

I'm not going into the details.

But all this is not what I am looking for a forum. I would come punctually in case of difficulty but no more.
    I leave ISI (not RF2 ***for the moment*** and the forum in these pre-established ideas which means (it is almost sure) the commercial failure of RF2 (this is not my wish).

11. patchedupdemon

I have to ask,because some rejected your post of priorities you think rf2 is sure to fail ?????

12. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

No. But I'm totally sure on the commercial rf2 failure ONLY if the priorities do not change. If ISI was 50 people, they could take care of the secondary priorities. No. Example: Awasome we are going to have graphic effects of rain, it's just 5 years that we ask. The real priority on rain should not have been the management of aquaplanning ?????? This is essential in a simulator. We are gamers or enthusiasts of piloting ?????

13. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I'm not a competitive online player and my primary interest is for immersion and the overall driving / racing experience and development / practice of Race-craft. As such, rF2 provides me some of the best FFB, AI and handling attributes available however, there are also some things that affect the experience quite negatively, one of which is audio.

While a few of the rF2 base-content cars have good engine samples, others are well below today's standards and the bar continues to be raised by R3E, the Dirt series, and Kunos and Reiza continue to improve their sounds in an evolutionary way. I would say both rF2 and PC2 have the least consistent quality of car sounds right now.

I do recognize however, that the audio aspect is generally among the last area in development to be fully fleshed out and refined but, I would welcome some information about how things may be improved at some point in regard to the audio engine / samples.

It's great to see rF2 getting graphics updates and more but, I hope the audio also gets a good amount of work as it's one area that too often gets passed by in the overall development process.

Jon likes this.
  14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

50 people LMAO!!! :D :D :D :D

15. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

it's an image, it means it would be a much bigger team. do you express or are you're asshole ?

16. Jon

Jon Registered

I was really impressed with the audio at the first, the background ambient of the historical tracks like Spa and Monza are spot on, and I love the engine sound of the Brabham BT20.

My only real issue with the audio is the bass of the engine. When you watch historical races the cars sound like Spitfires, the whole circuit is drowned out by the ground-shaking bass of the car as it roars past like a Spitfire flying at low altitude.

I've done everything to try to increase this bass, I'd love my headphones which are designed for Bass with a low frequency of 5Hz to really rattle while I'm driving, but it's just not possible. The frequency of the engine seems too high in my opinion, but I'm not sure of the exact reason because I'm not an audio expert.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    Guimengo likes this.
  17. patchedupdemon

Sound is key for me too,it adds so much to the immersion,race room is the leading standard in that reguard.

Looking at the radical I'm not impressed with the sound,but then comes the clips of the Bentley and that sounds Raw deep and basically bass ass,can't wait to hear it in game

18. stonec

stonec Registered

Audio is mostly about collecting or paying for good samples, that's basically it. Many people say pCars 2 improved sounds hugely, but the only real improvement from pCars 1 was use of better engine samples. This is also why some cars are often perceived as better than others in the same game, because likely not all samples were collected with equal equipment and circumstances.

Will Mazeo likes this.
  19. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

I would like to see your support for the first post. Other than you, the OP, what rf2 users were surveyed? Quite frankly it appears you are trying to bolster your argument by speaking for a collective.

Speak for yourself.

20. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Aside from things listed, I find flag rules, safety car, damage discouraging contacts in race, openness (moddability) and VR support very important. Those are the things, combined with other advantages, make it so that there are no alternatives to me, and playing anything else feels like waste of time.

That said, things can always be better, and I am looking forward to fixes, polishing, finishing of things etc. On a feature front, would like to get an enforced Yellow (deeper flag rules), for example. If game gets licenses to official series that would be great too. But I wouldn't prioritize content over basics.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017