Latest Roadmap Update - September 2017

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

2. Ruben Correa Alves

Ruben Correa Alves

Nice!

For those of you who want to guess the 3rd GT3 car yourselves, don't open the spoiler. I like it, cool addition and a GT3 car you don't see very often.

[​IMG]

:rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    FS7 and Sebastien Sestacq like this.
  3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yes <non-spoiler alert> that car does look good, thanks for the update S397.

4. stonec

stonec Registered

This roadmap doesn't tell anything that we already didn't know from the expo, so I have some questions.

1. Previous roadmap mentioned that DX11 would become the new default by the end of September. I'm interested to know what the status of this is and if the remaining bugs with DX11 (fullscreen/alt-tab problems, VR performance issues) will be addressed and when. And also information about when plugins can utilize DX11. It seems impossible to get answers on any remaining DX11 bugs as the developer who worked on it hasn't been on the forums since July. From my understanding, most of the community is still "stuck" on the DX9 build due to lack of plugin support.

2. I think the community would like to know more information about the planned new rain features. Can we get an approximate date on when the rain features are due? And also, will there be actual in-game screenshots and videos on YT showing these new rain effects better? Edit: I see there was a short new video, but I would like to know more about the new features.

3. Is there a time frame when bugs with recently released/updated content will be solved, like Zandvoort that was released as a v0.2, the Radical AI problems and Civic tire issues?

4. What is the status with the UI?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  5. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Sweat,that Bentley looks and sounds great,loving those wet weather effects.

Great work guys,thanks

6. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

The rain effects are excellent from car's outside view, looking forward to see how it does from cockpit POV.

dadaboomda and RaceNut like this.
  7. Mauro

Mauro Registered

very poor roadmap.

we need info about:
    -stable standalone dx11 build
    -new UI
    -info about old official content. they will be updated or not?!? (historic cars need tyres and dx11 update, same for tracks)
    -realistic clutch is a dream?
    -matchmaker optimization
    -Logitech steering wheels optimization
    -Updated and help material for modders

8. RoWo

RoWo Member

For now I saw rain only in NOLA. I hope, the new graphics come for all tracks. Or will we have to wait for every track updated?

9. gpfan

gpfan Registered

Next Car Corvette Callaway GT3 Epic!!!!!! WHoooo Whoooo!!!! :D Thank you guys, top noch!!! callaway-c7r-gt3-adac-gt-red-bull-ring-001.jpg

Ernie and Sebastien Sestacq like this.
  10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

vid of rain looks top notch, if it actually really does look like that once released then it will leave wet weather visuals needing no more

11. nipzon

nipzon Registered

Was that a road map, to what?
    These are questions we are after.....

Ho3n3r likes this.
  12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

From the Road Map:
    - The GT3 pack is due for release in October.
    - The rain effects should come out around the same time as the GT3 pack, possibly shortly afterwards.

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

These are OUR questions, it does not mean they are able or ready to respond to those topics. What they ARE heading towards are all included in a new build. Which will be only the 2nd full build since S397 took over. How that is spread across the spectrum of existing cars and tracks will probably determine how successful the new build is reviewed. If they respond to one of our posts and say they are 'looking' into the solution..for example, the onscreen plug-ins, we would most likely begin complaining when the solution doesn't appear almost instantly. I see the company making progress, that does not mean it fully addresses our wishes. I suspect that we will still have 'issues' right up to the day they shutter rF2. But I'm more hopeful now for the future based upon what they have shown so far.
    (drat....another Corvette...) :>

patchedupdemon likes this.
  14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Callaway Corvette :)

15. kimbo

kimbo Registered

Good job s397!!!

16. stonec

stonec Registered

Maybe not these exact questions as I formulated, I don't expect they will all get answered. But IMO a roadmap should give answers to questions like:

-What are the features that are currently being worked on?
    -How far has the work progressed?
    -What are the estimated release dates for upcoming content & features?
    -What are the next steps and future plans?

The September roadmap feels to me more like a news article about a car license announcement and Sim Expo recap.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

18. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Is that surprising,they can only do so much in a month,and they let the juicy bits out of the bag at simexpo

19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

What happens with UI and dx11? Not a single word about the expected release of that which was the big thing in previous roadmap.

Our plan is to make DX11 our new default at the end of September.

Is it coming with rain after GT3 pack which was supposed for September? Are we getting to know by the end of September which are the remaining cars to compensate for the delay? Previous roadmap stated some dates for dx11 becoming mainstream soon. Now is it postponed until November? What about visual plugins for DX11. Isn't that a priority?

It seems that something as a GT pack that was announced unexpectedly when McLaren was released in August is being put ahead of stabilising dx11 and releasing its plugins without which, it is incomplete. This DX11 started in May 1st and still waiting for those.

As we discussed last month already, we also fully intend to provide an exciting new solution for plugins to render to the screen as part of this ongoing development

Apparently it shouldn't be the same team doing those things. The internals of the game haven't changed since the Radical was released.

I don't understand why things don't get finished before jumping to something different. At least, if there is a delay it should be announced and not just apparently forgotten.

It was also announced that dx9 would be supported until the end of the year. This will put all the pressure for plugin makers which are not being given any time to remake their plugins. If DX9 is not supported no plugins will be usable for a while.

Louis, dadaboomda, TIG_green and 6 others like this.
  20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Well the September news were given in the Sim Expo so that event was the roadmap itself. It's people own problem if the hyped for a website posting xD
    Also they say a date to release something, anything else happens and it cant be delivered, people complain. May as well give no dates if people will complain either way :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.