Project CARS 2 Review

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by BlazingGlory53, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Skan

Skan Registered

Hopefully Studio 397 will get that new NSX. All because of that one car I am fighting temptation.

Guimengo and vegaguy5555 like this.
  2. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Does pCARS2 support multiview triples?

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  3. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Yes its does and very well I might add, and it actually has a dedicated area where you set it up

[​IMG]

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  4. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Can you drive out the garage and control the pit limiter for exiting & re-entering the pits with no auto drive?

5. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Yes you can, there is "Manual Pit Stop" option in Gameplay options.

vegaguy5555 and GrimDad like this.
  6. bwana

bwana Registered

Physically and FFB wise it's not rf2 . But as another in the sim library it's on the top shelf with 4 other titles (AC) not included ;)

vegaguy5555 and Daniele Vidimari like this.
  7. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I have bought Pcars 2 and love it.

I still think rF2 has best physics but PC2 has taken some big steps toward rF2 for sure. Someone in AC even went as far as saying 'if you like rF2 you will like PC2', which I have to agree. There is lots of communication from physics even down the straights, which I really like.

One thing I found I don't like that I hope gets fixed is sometimes it feels too easy as if a stability assist is on, I keep checking but it is in fact off. Maybe something else is on?

The final vertic is PC2 dose not have as much detail as rF2 but very drivable and a lot of fun for sure.

It is expensive and worth every cent. VR is worth it alone for me.

For launch day it was very polished and it will only get better in weeks to come.

I say if you have the money get it. It's fun!!.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    Rolacka and bwana like this.
  8. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I just downloaded and installed the 'stan mid' Jack Spade FFB settings and it fixed the stability assist feel. One thing I kind of find a little annoying about rF2 is a jump in my wheel once in a while but I've grown used to it. With Jack's settings the FFB is heavier and more communicative and now PC2 has a slight jump in the FFB as well but only when hitting a wall or a curb hard.

The older cars still feel better in rF2 but dam.... PC2 is quite fine indeed I think. Maybe the placebo will wear off in a couple a days?

In the mean time here's Jack's link. Let me know what you think of the settings? There are six to chose from. It's easy to install with Jack's instructions.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files

gpfan likes this.
  9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Version: 385.69 WHQL
    Release Date: 2017.9.21
    Game Ready
    Provides the optimal gaming experience for Project Cars 2, Call of Duty: WWII open beta, Total War: WARHAMMER II, Forza Motorsport 7, EVE: Valkyrie – Warzone, FIFA 18, Raiders of the Broken Planet, and Star Wars Battlefront 2 open beta.

I have been asking years Nvidia support to rFactor 2 and with Jack Spade Custom FFB I think many feels that it is RIP rFactor 2 :(

vegaguy5555 and SimonJ like this.
  10. bwana

bwana Registered

I'd say RIP AC, rf2 is like a little brother to me , needs attention , care and life long patience but you will always love him

11. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Seems you're the only one saying rip rf2,but to you,you are indeed everyone

12. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I think it is huge time for you to stop replying to my posts with you silly remarks male 4x. Just to you knowledge I am old to be you father and indeed some kids have huge respect to they dad`s :rolleyes:

Juergen-BY likes this.
  13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

lol video card maker update drivers for a mainstream game, the world is falling, let's run to the hills :D

14. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

My experience so far is that it's very difficult to get it to look good in vr (vive). I get better graphics even from rf2. Physics and ffb was positive surprise. Not as good as rf2 but fun for sure.

15. mancslo

mancslo Registered

Uff, can you bit the ui with 100% formula rookie in career mode?

16. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I wouldn't be surprised if they is a partnership with dollars involved. No way to get that kind of "support" for niche games.

17. gpfan

gpfan Registered

SMS made very nice job on PCARS 2. I´ve been testing this last couple of days and big step forward from previous version, better FFB, better physics and very nice performance straight out of the box!

The big difference i noticed was on FFB side, default configs still not good for a good experience but after some tweak you should be able to feel all information on the wheel, RF2 FFB is better but PCARS 2 FFB is better than AC right now in my opinion.

Physics are a step forward as well but with the continuous RF2 tire model development, even as it is right now PCARS need a long way to match RF2 physics. Comparing Mcl. 650S GT3 from both sims RF2 one is soooooo much better in all aspects! I believe in the short term we will see even better results on RF2 physics!

GFX wise PCARS offers the best experience and it´s in another league, no competition right there, RF2 DX11 is on its early stage, will improve in the future and for me is enough, dont need extra goodies to enjoy a sim, driving experience is all it matters!!!

Bumpee road??! Yes, but the reward for RF2 community will come in next months with the inclusion of gfx features we are waiting..... forever.... and quality official content like GT3 pack will definitely change things!!!

18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

PC series is no niche game, it is mainstream. Would be strange if Nvidia/AMD did not release drivers.

19. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Thank Vegaguy5555 very helpful fix!!

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  20. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Thank you for this important information :D