Project CARS 2 Review

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by BlazingGlory53, Sep 20, 2017.

1. BlazingGlory53

BlazingGlory53 Registered

Hey guys, I wanted to let you know I have put out my review of Project CARS 2!

Definitely a solid improvement over the previous title, so you guys may enjoy it :D

2. mark7

mark7 Registered

Nice review thank you!
    Dowloaded Pcars 2 last night and this afternoon off work allowed me a couple of hours to set up and try out.
    I'm suprised how good the game is, FFB through my Bodnar SS2 is good, the game looks stunning through my i2500k/gtx1070 pc and there are some great game play touches like the real weather, windscreen wipers and rain effects and the range of cars and tracks.
    The ai needs more work to be RF2 like but IMHO if you like RF2 you will like this.

3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I was a staunch pCars 1 hater. This game however, is excellent. I'm really very surprised at how good it is. I deleted Assetto Corsa to make room for it and I'm not regretting it one bit. SMS finally made a sim.

4. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Same here, impressed how much better than pcars1 it is.
    But then again, I don't plan to delete AC :)

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Now I'm confused , most are destroying it on the iracing forums

( I'm on the fence )

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Someone with recognised credibility has given his impressions yet?
    Do not get anybody offended by this. I am not judging anybody's capability to judge a sim and I am actually considering of purchasing based on the good reviews written here. I just want some further confirmation if possible.

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I've been reading around
    Iracing crowd seem thumps down on it

Mixed reviews too,
    If I do go for it I'll wait a month or so anyhow until it's first few patches ,
    Then I'll test - refund if I'm not happy

8. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Registered

Inside Simracing pros and cons:

9. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

If David kammer didn't have anything to with it,the iracing lot won't rate it,everything else is considered a game while iracing is real lol.
    The few people who are not blinded by bias have given it a good review,which tends to bring out the worst in the oracing lot.
    Tony Richard,I think his name is has given it a solid thumbs up,and as he frequents both iracing and rf2,and also ams I think,I'll take his review over many biased iracers

10. bwana

bwana Registered

On the front row with rf2 for me , took 2 hours to configure FFB but yes very good , AC now in the bin not that l drive it at all.. varying opinion on some content but that's the same with all games ..

patchedupdemon and LokiD like this.
  11. LokiD

LokiD Registered

just been trying this for 2 hours its pretty good, didn't have much AI trouble ( no more than ac or AMS) and the ffb seemed ok I used informative settings. As good as AC and the weather and rain etc puts its slightly ahead of AC imo. Don't listen to negative comments try it yourself! I hated pcars1 this is really well up there!! its more like AC2 than pcars2 !

I even tried the Vulcan that Jimmy struggled with maybe its DD wheels my t300 felt like most other cars. I tried a few!! Even open wheelers weren't as bad as people have been saying! the old lotus f1 car in the rain at Donny!

patchedupdemon and bwana like this.
  12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

i bought it from cdkeys with jap pack separate for 39!

13. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

Ah,Iracing is for me a American online Sim as an Abo.Don't know if it has Offline Ai Modus for Single Player.
    It is mor for Oval Freaks and Infycar Events.But we are European - we drive Road Tracks.
    And yes,bought Project Cars 2 too,never had PC1.And im impressed and surprised,didn't expect that...
    Great in every way for "out of the Boxd".Needs some AI and FFB tuning...
    DC

vegaguy5555 and bwana like this.
  14. LokiD

LokiD Registered

was doing a formula ford Race at Oulton. Started to rain and Ai came in for wets. I stayed out thinking the tracks was dry puddles started to gather on low camber curves. Hit one and spun it lol.

name me another Sim that has that.

15. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Hi all, so yesterday I broke down and purchased p-Cars2 below is a mini Review of my First go.

Price - $69 Canadian - ( a bit too much IMO)
    Download - Huge download 35gb
    Content difference from p-car to pcars 2 - a few new tracks - and a few new cars including Ferrari's , a new Honda single seater open cockpit car ( nice) and my new Favorite car so far is the New Acura GT3 car.. ( wow) so good to drive
    GFX - what can i say leaps and bounds past rF2 and and AC and iRacing ( my Lap top had no problems running the sim )
    Feel - Much better than pCars - but I did feel at times that the car handling was a bit arcadish- I will say out laps are real and you really need heat in the tires before really hitting the gas.
    Minor Bugs, but all round feels like a finished product. Great career mode, And I like the fact you can start anywhere in your career now, no need to start in Karts or GT4's now you can go straight to the higher levels of racing.
    My G25 wheel had some issues with recognition but got that sorted
    back to testing....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  16. Mauro

Mauro Registered

On many review i read arcade car handling and lot of different cars have very similar handling/physics.

I give it up

17. LokiD

LokiD Registered

no more arcadey than any other Sim.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  18. jymp

jymp Registered

I'll stick with rF2, it's more open to mods

bwana and Juergen-BY like this.
  19. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i dont think we can find any superb sim game physics wise other than RF2

of course you can buy pcars2 for the graphics.

im not an expert on sim racing but so far i understand that if you want physics and graphic quality gaming you need tons of money - many years of testing the software- and a lot of professional employees on different game department like sounds - graphics-physics-bla bla.

very expensive thing.

i m happy with the progress so far.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  20. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Has anyone tried pc2 and f1 2017,I'm only going to buy one and I don't know which