Looking for somebody to convert GT legends mod to rF2

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Pauli Partanen, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Hi!

I would like to convert:
    http://f1legends.nolimit.cz/menu-add-ons/f1-legends-racing-2-0/mod-download/gt-legends
    (released today and heard that there is also new mesh) Permission is already ok.

Is there somebody willing to help me to make:
    Gen
    Veh

Also if you want/can:
    Albeido maps
    Animated arms
    Deformable tires

I can do these also, but would love some help with this as im too busy right now with 71/75/79/84 mods :D.

I have already made rF2 tires/chassis/hdv files for all cars

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  2. Mauro

Mauro Registered

would be great if anyone can help you Postipate.
    we can have a pubblic 1967 mod will all permissions. a dream for all gpl's lover

some gtl screens,
    fantasy names on gtl, but not big problem. all 3d models are new by scratch

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Mauro

Mauro Registered

4. Mauro

Mauro Registered

5. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

PM send to Postipate to help him.

WiZPER, pascom, jonelsorel and 4 others like this.
  6. Pauli Partanen

Great news!!! :)

7. jonelsorel

jonelsorel Registered

Don't think there ever was better news for all the people wanting to see GPL revived in an up-to-date environment. Godspeed!

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  8. Pauli Partanen

Yeah! And good quality 60's track like from @Sergio Loro would turn rF2 easily to modern GPL with flexible chassis simulation and advantaged tire model. Huge difference to other sims with historic content in rF2.

WiZPER and jonelsorel like this.
  9. jonelsorel

jonelsorel Registered

I have a pretty big feeling too that the stage is set, and it is rf2. I remember 10 years back there was even talk of making a scratch made dx9 (at the time latest) engine. Can't remember the SRMZ forum member who actually started that and posted a few pics. What a truly amazing and passionate community GPL has. And it's delightful to see at least part of it here as well.

Pauli Partanen and Jon like this.
  10. Jon

Jon Registered

Very true, and it's not difficult to see why. Fast cars with no downforce which demand constant correction and careful precision on tracks that were by nature exhilarating. I love Spa '66 but I've recently been practicing at Monaco' 66. Quite amazing how a circuit can have so many corners yet have no two that are alike; each having its own unique character. Only on the natural road circuits of that era could a track offer such diversity.

Pity Luminis and the present CEO don't share this passion.

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The tracks made everything else amazing. Today I was watching videos of a race in Montjuic and another in Monza, where Emerson won his first title. Medium speed corners with bland chicanes and abrupt radii only subtract from racing.

jonelsorel, Jon and Pauli Partanen like this.
  12. Sergio Loro

Sergio Loro Registered

RF2 had great potencial, basically it is great for vintage series. it adventage AC on that item.
    AC looks great and feel great but it has limitation when vintage race it is the goal.
    i hope to have much more free time next month to start to move my work to RF2, last month i work for a private project so i learn a lot about RF2 track moddinng, so future seems bright to me :)

13. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Why are the GTL models so odd-looking? They remind me of http://www.stuart-taylor.co.uk/gallery/f1-67/ - almost right. but not quite:
    F1-67.JPG
    Is it the same reason as the mangled team/driver names (which I assume is to avoid licensing issues)? The narrow rear tyres are very strange.

Edit: BorekS has explained it.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  14. Pauli Partanen

Edit: Nothing...

jonelsorel likes this.
  15. jonelsorel

jonelsorel Registered

If only the GPLEA guys would realize the potential rf2 has and give their blessing, that would surely move things further and spark more interest in it. I for one am ready to support in any way I can. :D

And speaking of AC, the physics engine has some way to go before equaling rf2's, but the main problem is that the devs are happy with it as it is (the physics in rf2, for one, don't stop when the car stops). The graphics don't make up for lacking physics for me and never did. Maybe AC2 will accomplish more. But in the meantime one must note that the work Studio 397 did on rf2 in under a year is close to monumental. I am happy to say it has become my #1 sim again and that the feeling I got after completing the first full lap on the Nordschleife in the BT20 without crashing is the exact same one I had when doing it for the first time in GPL: pure, unadulterated satisfaction. This is the best, most definitive measure for a sim, I think.

Good days ahead.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  16. BorekS

BorekS Registered

thank you for chosing our F1LR 2.0 mod to port it into rFactor 2, really appreciated :)

I personally I am not rFactor 2 game owner (sofar) and having experience with old gMotor and ISI racesims mod stuff creation only, still as the original mod auhtor I will try to be helpful as it gets!

as to the F1 LEGENDS RACING (F1LR) cars, we can say they are generic cars of the specifications found in historic Grand Prix cars and are visualy and physicaly similar to the cars of the 1967 season (at least for GT Legends, GTR2, RACE07/RACE INJECTION and rFactor). so, the reason, why the F1LR cars are imaginary car manufacturers and driver names, is the car models arent created accurately according to the real ones. however, all the car types / manufacturers are easy recognisable what from they are inspired :)

it is basically same (or pretty similar) imaginary name logic as you can see with the rFactor 2 EVE cars :)

the original F1LR mod idea came just because there wasnt any permission proper version of an GPL themed openwheeler mod these mod days (2013), for GT Legends, GTR2, RACE07/RACE INJECTION or rFactor. the old F1LR mod version took 6 months of development only, used a generic body for all cars, however it surprisingly was a big success, probably because of a hunger for such themed mod these days, I suppose :)

during the next years we just overhauled all the F1LR cars in all aspects to be bit more closer to our loved real 1967 season, and we released it this year finally at stage we originally wanted :)

... now there is a chance, to let enjoy the cars with rFactor 2. thank you for interest!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    pascom, jonelsorel, Hazi and 5 others like this.
  17. Jon

Jon Registered

The screenshots and the cars look beautiful, even more so than rFactor 2 :) Amazing the graphics on such an old game. Looks like you've done a really impressive job, congratulations.

Just a quick side question, I have GTR2 but not GT Legends. Will your mod work in GTR2 or only in GT Legends?

Pauli Partanen and jonelsorel like this.
  18. BorekS

BorekS Registered

Jon, Pauli Partanen and jonelsorel like this.
  19. jonelsorel

jonelsorel Registered

BorekS, I must say you did a hell of a courageous job building these beauties from scratch by yourself. Those renders and cockpits just make my mouth water until I find my gtl/gtr2 dvds. Really appreciate your work.

Jon, Mauro and Pauli Partanen like this.
  20. pascom

pascom Registered

I'm on simracing break but I'll plug the steering wheel just for that! :eek::eek::eek:

Really, thank you and again thank you!