[REL] SMG HUD pack 2.5 (updated!)

Discussion in 'Other' started by Slow Motion, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

these new 2 HUDs will be added to the pack...
    SMG_HUD_GT05.jpg SMG_HUD_OW05.jpg

and also similar variant...

2. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

SMG_HUD_OW06.jpg

Soon the updated pack will be available...

3. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

I like it very much!Great work!

4. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

First post has been updated for new build 1.1

Latest HUD added to the pack is the GT #06 PRO-II
    SMG_HUD_GT06.jpg

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Many thanks! Just a question about the box sizes, where in the ini file could the boxes be enlarged? The default size is a wee bit to small, might be language settings related...

Attached Files:

6. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

for split it happens only at the beginning when everything is "zero", I know.
    About the "lap/laps" word sincerely I didn't think to this case...
    Unfortunately, it is not so easy as changing a number... in other words to fix it we should redo the whole texture of the hud and then recalculate all coordinates and data that are printed.
    I think the fastest way is to reduce the font size of this specific information!

Into the INI file that is in the mas file, in this specific HUD the file is named SMG_HUD_GT06.ini and must be extracted from SMG_HUD_GT06.mas.
    Then search for:
    TEXT = DriverBehindSplit
    ScreenPos = 0.808, 0.801
    Scale = 0.400, 0.400
    Justification = 0 // 0 = left, 1 = right, 2 = center
    Colors = 16646144, 16777215

and edit the Scale = 0.400, 0.400 decreasing the first value to something like 0.360.

Maybe it will need also for:
    TEXT = DriverAheadSplit
    ScreenPos = 0.389, 0.801
    Scale = 0.400, 0.400
    Justification = 0 // 0 = left, 1 = right, 2 = center
    Colors = 65280, 16777215

Juergen-BY and Ernie like this.
  7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks, working ;)
    GRAB_011.JPG

8. Mauro

Mauro Registered

thanks slow motion

one question:
    i have this problem with "fuel" text ("carburante" in italian)
    is it possible to make visible only first 4 or 5 letters?

EDIT: same problem with "current" - "corrente" in italian

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I have two questions about the scaling/moving:

1. I tried to move PERS and BEST a wee bit to the right, but the only value wich is working seems to be the 0 (left), 1 and 2 (right/center) moves the lap times to the left.

2. Also i was trying to decrease all header a bit, to fit to their new content character sizes, but i cant find the header settings for PERS, BEST and SPLIT...maybe i`m just starring there and cant see it...
    Below a sample of setting with 1 (right)

//Edit: probably i got POS 1 sorted. The "Justification" is allways related to the given Scale, right?
    //Edit2: might be, i got POS 2, too... ;) The usual used lables are just to long, therefore SPLIT, PERS and BEST are (HUDTEXTURE.TGA) hard coded?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  10. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Unfortunately not... You should switch to English... I mean, those names are hardcoded.
    But we are thinking to a different way (only for next HUD(s) for the moment...): to use only values and to add "names" into the texture, only in English of course... so nobody will can able to change them if not editing the texture

Mauro and Juergen-BY like this.
  11. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Juergen,
    here I can give you only few info otherwise I should write a manual that ISI/S397 never wrote... LOL
    Reading my previous answer to Mauro, now you know the reason some text (header) cannot be moved: it is into the main texture of the HUD, because we don't like them OR the hardcoded text doesn't fit the space OR is no longer appropriate to the use... In this case now you know what you must do (your Edit2, yes, but we name hardcoded different things LOL)
    On the contrary data are "live" and are managed by the code and set into the INI. Justification, like usual, "moves" the rest of the numbers/letters to the right if justification is left, etc... It means that if you change justification from left to right (just for instance), you must also change the position of the string on the horizontal axis

If you are interested into developing new HUD, improving, etc... here I am and we could do something together. LcR and you are artists with great skill.

Juergen-BY likes this.
  12. Erick3331

Erick3331 Registered

This new plugin awesome , thank you guys , great job ;):);)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :):):):):):)

13. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

@Mauro There is another way too: if you edit the Italian dictionary stored into ...:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Support\Languages you can write for instance "CARB" instead of "CARBURANTE" or like in English "FUEL"...
    Then you must store the new dictionary also somewhere, because I think at any update of rF2 Steam or any verification the dictionary will be replaced by the original one

Mauro and Ernie like this.
  14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

oh hey... there are some cars in your HUD :D

15. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Well, HUD pack has been updated to 1.2 and 2 new HUDs has beeen added, similar to the #06, but a little bit improved...

Now on, we'll follow few easy "rules" just due to the limitations and issues of the HUD's structure, waiting for the new incoming UI and graphical additions of S397.

Our new HUDs, starting from #07, will contain for each # (GT and OW) the same features and look. There will be only 2 differences:
    • damage look depending of GT or OW silhouette
    • DRS "icon", available only in case of OW
    And "headers" will be always ONLY in English and no longer hardcoded. Only in case we'll choice to show the names of the ahead and behind drivers you will see them hardcoded.
    Data obviously are hardcoded and in few cases could be not perfectly shown like in the case Juergen explained for "laps" in German, but I think we can live with it...

SMG_HUD_GT07.jpg SMG_HUD_OW07.jpg

Now I have to look at the GP3 for further tests and comparison with real world data of some driver... but we already have in mind a couple of other HUDs.
    Thank you and enjoy these last HUDs

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    TwoHardCore, Guimengo, Mauro and 4 others like this.
  16. Erick3331

Erick3331 Registered

Ohhhh, wowwww , thank you ;)

17. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Just to avoid doubts, HUDs from #01 to #06 at the moment, also in new packs, remain as they are. We'll see in the future if updating like I explained in the above post.

18. Mauro

Mauro Registered

very good work

[​IMG]

19. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Many thanks, looking very nice. I`m just surprised, i never noticed that because i dont used HUD`s in the past (because nice looking hud`s were missing), that the HUD`s are showing wrong RPM`s, even the stock HUD`s. Is that a known rF2 bug?

hud_compare.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  20. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

It is the normal that analog rpm works in this way, as well as rpm led... because they must cover any mod and any possibility in rpm range. In other words, you have a starting point and an ending point of the scale and then the auto-adaptive range of action, so an engine that performs 7000 rpm will reaches the end of the scale, as well as a mod that performs 15000 rpm. We can say notches along the gauge are only added for simulating the gauge itself.
    It is the same into any mod, but the difference is that the modder can tune the range as he prefers drawing the gauge and also into the cockpitinfo.ini, same thing using the rpm led (reaching the end or not and typing the specific scale to match the rpm) and the result will be applied to that mod only.

Juergen-BY likes this.