How to get car setups in upgrades

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoboCAT10, Sep 7, 2017.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I would like to create five basic F1 car setups that can be chosen from the tuning menu in which I can then force on to each AI. In each AI veh file I want to assign them a different upgrades.ini file each which will contain a different setup.

Kind of how the F1 games are, where you can decide on five basic setups if you wish. I can have a highest "downforce", high, medium, low, lowest. I think I would only need to change the wings and gears?

Is there an easy way I can create these five basic setups and then put them in an upgrades file?

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Check a car hdv to see the lines that adjust the base setup, then get a mod that have upgrades so you can see how it is done.
    I think the skins of the mod need to point to that upgrade file so it can be used.
    Now how to make the AI use it I have no idea since I dont drive offline, but I believe there is a easier way to do it. Hopefully other members explain better

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Why don't you save 5 setups?
    I don't understand the need to complicate things. Loading a setup is 1 second. Going to tuning options for selecting an upgrade takes longer. Plus the required work to create the new component. Setups can also be assigned to AI if that is what you are looking for.

4. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Because I wanted five standard setups that would work across all tracks, choose low downforce for Monza for example. I would have an upgrade.ini folder per setup, and in the veh (driver) file I would link it to the setup I want (ini). Accessing the files each race doesn't bother me as I need to edit them anyway, just the way things are. Then in game I don't need to go to the tuning page as they would only have one choice of setup to choose from, sonwould more or less be force to use that setup.

I want each AI to have a different setup, a choice of five different basic setups( only need wing and gearbox settings change) that can be used across all tracks depending on the type. Because people run their teams I want to give them a choice of five setups.

ceecee likes this.