about 1 second freeze

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Pablo11, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Pablo11

Pablo11 Registered

Hello
    I have this problem long time now it is about 1 second freeze
    Already i have changed Psu , few different graphics , memory, ssd.
    What i did not change is motherboard and cpu.
    This is happening very random and sometimes is not happening at all.
    I have just moved to another house and i have got faster 120mb speed internet and this freeze is still occurring .
    Anybody can help me to figure out what is the problem

My system
    Asusu MAximus vii Ranger
    I7 4790k
    Gigabyte aorus 1080ti

2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I had similar problem for a while, it went away after I deleted contents of CBash and Shader folders. IIRC they're under UserData/Log. Do not delete folders, only insides.

Second, if you run plugins that adjust weather on the fly, that might cause it. Try disabling all plugins

RoboCAT10 and Juergen-BY like this.
  3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've always deleted the folders without issue, RF2 recreates them just fine.

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Try to turn off replays it might help.

5. Pablo11

Pablo11 Registered

thx guys i will be testing that in the following week

6. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I've been having that exact same issue, even from the first video where the car will slightly disappear into the road. It just came on suddenly without changing a single thing.

7. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

So many people with the same problem. normally looking for cpu usage in windows process manager solve most of the problems, if some application is using more cpu than rF2, you got the problem. Just stop or uninstall de program that is causing the issue.

8. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Does that happen offline in Single Player or online in Multiplayer?

If it happens online, i can remember that Members of our Community had have such Problems, because they used WLAN instead of a Wire-Connection.
    WLAN can cause that, even if you have a highspeed Broadband Connection.

9. stonec

stonec Registered

Switch to DX11 is probably the easiest way to solve it. Second thing is you are using both a modded car and a modded track, test with stock content and see if you can replicate it.

10. FirstCapitan

FirstCapitan Registered

I have the same graphics card. Mine is Gigabyte Auorus 1080 ti Extreme in an Intel 7700K, with 32 Gb RAM. I have a lag too, no so big like yours. Mine is a small pull. It happens randomly and its not a problem for pilotage, but its a problem because my lap is handicapped with time, especially when I play on line. Delta increases two, three o five decimals in the lap when the lag happens. Its horrible.

I disable the record of replays and the problem seems to dissappear, but I need more laps to confirm. Try this. Differents options with Vertical Sync did not yield any results. My CPU its only at 30% when I play so its not a problem with CPU.

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

gMotor has large communication not only with system RAM, but also with Virtual Ram. My system runs around 3-4 GB VRAM, System ram ~7.2 GB and ~11.5 GB of Virtual RAM (paging). CPU load is 10-20% and highest single core load is 70% (i7-5960X).
    Turn of replays and have ice in your stomach S397 is aware of this problem.

12. Pablo11

Pablo11 Registered

This is happening in multiplayer online.
    I had a race when it ruinned my race and the guy behind because of this lag.
    Also i doubt is my cpu because the cpu bar looking ok and i have i7 4790k .
    This also happening with the Dx11 version and no plugins installed so no fix there.
    Yestarday i deleted cbash and shader folder and practice for an hour . It didnt happen but i am not so sure still if this is the fix.
    I will be doing more testing later
    I will be glad if some technician from studio 397 finally speak about this issue because so far they have been quiet and this is very well known problem.
    I will be doing more testing later
    Thank you guys

13. Pablo11

Pablo11 Registered

I was also doing some laps in Mclaren competition with dx11 no plugins and this lag was there from time to time.

14. Stefan Kanitz

Stefan Kanitz Registered

It's known. Since 4 updates, iam not 100% sure which it was, it's present. Marcel is aware of it cause a few guys having this problem. It was the update right before the 24h race in LeMans at RD. Not sure about the date but till then I have the same problem.

15. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

This may be irrelevant, but it's somewhat interesting. With the DX9 version of RF2, I never saw this stutter/stumble. Last year, I got F1 2016, which is a DX11 game. It stuttered every so often to the point where the car would stop dead, lunge ahead, stop dead, lunge and then return to normal. The DX11 version of RF2 now does this exact same thing. I just got the latest F1 2017, which is also DX 11. It also has the same stutter/lunging/whatever. I run an I7 4770 with 24Gb ram and an AMD RX480 with 8Gb. Predictably, I'm suspicious of something related to DX11. The disappointing part of this was that the people who do the F1 games, Codemasters, said they were unable to duplicate the problem even though hundreds of people were reporting it on their forum.

16. Pablo11

Pablo11 Registered

Sorry i am not pc expert but how do i check my cpu usage in windows when im in game?
    The issue only appear for about a second i would have to somehow monitor task manager processes when this happen how do i do that?

17. Pablo11

Pablo11 Registered

Im using wire connection that is not my issue

18. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I have to thank you for this bit of information regarding deleting the CBash and Shader folders. This has fixed two issues I have been having. Not only has it solved the 'lag' issue I have been having, but it has also solved my problem where the timing gaps between drivers in the TV plugin was going haywire. Thank you!

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  19. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Yeah, I remember this was maddening time when I had this issue. Real credit goes to Gijs, he suggested deleting CBash, not just compiled shader cache, which did the thing. Glad it helped.

Whoever looks into this in the future - what was happening was nvidia driver would crash (visible in event viewer), most likely due to corruption in game shaders.

20. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

The funny thing is now, regarding the TV plugin issue, it's back. I went to delete the files again but it doesent seem to help it. It worked perfectly the first time I deleted the folders, but once you load up the game again it's back to its old self.l, . Very strange.