DX11 sudden stuttering

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Inactive user 0001, Aug 18, 2017.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Thanks. I had already done something quite similar (except for running CCleaner). However the troubleshooter fixed nothing. It pointed to a database problem. Already run those sfc commands as well. A Microsoft support engineer followed those steps being logged to my computer with no success.

2. ceecee

ceecee Registered

SPASKIS likes this.
  3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

No
    Not sure. I'll give it a try when I come back from holidays. Thanks again.

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Finally!!!!!
    Don't ask me what I did. I just got back from vacation and after making some updates it finally updated.
    Next step removing spyware. I'll check @Amarildo Junior thread about it tonight or tomorrow.
    upload_2017-8-26_13-13-10.png

ceecee likes this.
  5. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

@Amarildo Junior Mine happily started in the late 90s. And although there have been many problems on and off over the years, I have never had the negative feelings towards Linux that I have with Windows. I have always felt respected by the developer community and given the choice to use my hardware as I will. (The only negative tbh is regarding Red Hat's attitude with systemd, :mad:) Now I am not so surprised by your willingness to help us ignorant folks out of the clutches of the evil empire (M$). :cool:

I had no idea of the current level of support for windows games on Linux. I constantly wish I could have all my games software running on my Linux install (presently Linux Mint). As an aside do you know what became of the version of Linux that Steam was supposedly developing to run all or most windows games? From what I remember it never came to fruition, but was and still is such an appealing idea.

My very first experience of real "sim racing" way back then was on Linux with TORCS and on the Nordschleife no less. TORCS is still going strong and being developed today. :)

6. Amanda Santini

Amanda Santini Registered

I never heard of such Steam. What I know is that VALVe is developing SteamOS, which is a Debian-based Linux distro with the Steam client and drivers so that users don't have to do much aside from installing the OS, which can be done with one press of "OK" for those who don't have much experience.

This OS was never intended to run all Windows games, as if the idea was something similar to WINE. Rather, it's a free platform on which developers can, well, develop games for :p Developers can either port existing games (which I believe is how most games got there), or they can develop new ones for multi-platforms.

This doesn't mean SteamOS will or even should run, say, GTA 3. The job of porting the game to Linux is solely on the developers, in this case RockStar Games.

What? :O Does TORCS really have the NOS?

I tried it a few years back (2014 I believe) and I really didn't like it much, never played more than 5 minutes. Guess I should look back at it now to see how it's doing.

7. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

Ah, I obviously have some of that info re SteamOS confused, well I am a bit old now. :p

Yep, I used to use the TORCS version of the Mitsubishi rally car and especially remember sections like "The Foxhole" and various sections with dry-stone walls at either side. :D
    It included the full Nurburgring too. :eek:

I stopped using it back when F12010 came out on the PS3 as to say it was so much graphically superior would be a massive understatement. Haven't looked at it since but the email list of the developer is still active and used quite a lot by students doing college projects. The physics are supposed to be spot on IIRC.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    Amanda Santini likes this.
  8. TravisRoe666

TravisRoe666 Registered

the developer has been silent almost on this since dx11 build released. wasn't a rewrite for dx11, some middleware was used. the spiking seems to happen when people's physics drops out of realtime (something that never happened on vast vast majority of systems before dx11 build)

far out i was planning to reinstall and try again after its been 3.5 months but i see people are still reporting the exact same problems with dx11 build and same lack of fix and same endless searching settings trying desperately to find a fine tuned config to work when really, the engine isn't intensive enough to require that. something seems to still be up with dx11 conversion and the middleware used to do it.

<sigh> ok ill bite the bullet and reinstall my end and re-test. but if it still has a problem now, im done, i will change to AMS permanently, this is from a lifetime (GTR) then rf1, then rf2 league player who runs servers and has always been the first to raise rf2 as the best sim. what a terrible experience this has all been. I hope AMS 2017 is what we all wanted. Sorry actually what I hope is that when i fire rf2 up here its all perfect and smooth and great, but then i remember i struggle to get online games outside of long-time organised league events.. :(

I know this is easy to say, but is an online matchmaking queue/system and more formal online racing environment, coupled with super smooth engine, too much to ask? I don't NEED cutting edge graphics, even though its nice and i do have the hardware for it. what i need is smoothness, reliability, consistency, and online racing of a high quality.

9. Jon

Jon Registered

The stuttering has been discussed in more detail here: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/stuttering-report-and-temp-solution.57756/

I posted a link to a software which helped me and another user, but there seems to be no way of guaranteeing you won't experience sudden stuttering during an online race.

I don't care for 'pretty' graphics either, it's a sim where most of the time your eyes are fixed on the road. The road texturing, which is fantastic (in fact the best there is among its competitors), is enough for me. I think many agree with you. I'm taking rFactor "as is", enjoying the historic Monaco and Spa in the Brabham, but I really don't have the expectations I did when I first bought it. I personally don't think the issue is with the developers, but rather from the management team.

I'm amazed at just how well Monaco '66 was made, beautifully modelled and almost identical to the original circuit. The car developers and track designers are clearly highly skilled in their field, but I just feel it lacks good management. They don't seem to understand what players of rFactor 2 want, and their absence from the forum is a prime example of this.

Paco572 and dadaboomda like this.
  10. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

"Their absence from the forum is a prime example" : R I G H T

Jon likes this.