Released Zandvoort 2017 is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 11, 2017.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

So you run at 1080p I presume? I think 1080p isn't a challenge for GTX 1070, it should run any of today's games maxed out at that res, as these cards are primarily aimed at VR/1440p. I don't have much problems running this track at 1080p either, but in VR use things like PCI-E bus usage may become the bottleneck, which might well explain why @Adrianstealth can't run this track with shadows ON with the strongest GPU available today.

bwana likes this.
  2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

no idea what's wrong I thought it was just a naff track, ( shadows off , 1080ti overclocked and watercooled ), I was quite disappointed as I was enjoying the competition alot

I'll re-install the track and try again, I'll delete cbash shaders etc prior

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Re.Zands
    there's an hour of my life I'll not get back, no joy )-:
    bear in mind I only use VR,
    its still choppy in some sections of the track, even at the lowest possible graphical settings seemed to make no difference, also quality of track doesn't look good

I'll 100% be giving "early release" tracks a miss in future, I'd really prefer to wait for an optimised & close to finished version

WFG back to Silverstone later this week so all good again then

Jego likes this.
  4. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

You can't fault any game for not running smoothly with vr as of yet,that tech is still in its infancy and by far only a low percentage use vr in any game.
    I'm hope s397 will sort it out for the vr crowd,or is it on the hands of the manufacturers too

5. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The whole new S397 content needs a lot more power without looking better. I don't know why but I even cars create the double Gpu load than others. The Nissan GT 500 for example compared to the Gtr, Corvette Gt 2 etc. That's not way it should be. I was hoping for better performance under DX 11 and know I got the same results with my 107o like before with my old AMD 7970.

6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I am wondering too why and perhaps you do a huge favor to rFactor 2 community and post and your game settings by filling the list below and replacing the X.

rFactor2 video settings:
    Resolotion > 5760x1080
    Mode > X
    Anti Aliasing > X
    Post Effects > X
    Sync> X
    Multiview> X

Inn Game > Options > Display:
    Circuit Detail > X
    Player Detail > X
    Opponent Detail > X
    Texture Detail > X
    Texture Filter > X
    Special Effects > X
    Shadows > X
    Shadow Blur > X
    Soft particles > X
    Rain Drops > X
    Road Reflection > X
    Environment Reflection > X

:)

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I must have a hardware bottleneck somewhere, some rf2 tracks do run rock solid 90fps though no probs
    VR is still pretty new to rfactor2 still too,

cant moan as happy that s397 is making VR happen in rfactor2 etc

( i7 2600k 4.8ghz water cooled, 16gb ram , 1080ti @ core 2190mhz water cooled )

PS realised also that Zandvoort colours look pretty bad especially reds which look cartoonish in VR but seemed calibrated bit better for a monitor -when I checked looking at the mirrored monitor view

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  8. patchedupdemon

Will do no problem when I get on later today,but from top of my head everything is on full except the bottom two and shadows,will conform tommorow,oh and the resolution is the same as in your post

Just to add in iracing I run low to medium graphics because for the life of me,except for some added signs I can't tell the difference between low and high settings.
    That's the reason I run low shadows here,it adds nothing really but is a huge drain,I never understand why people like to proclaim ultra graphics,it's not that different to medium

Adrianstealth likes this.
  9. patchedupdemon

I'd say Your bottle neck is your cpu,many people on iracing have reported nice gains going from similar cpus as yours,to a 6600k or 6700k.
    On paper it doesn't look like it should,but in game they have all said finally they can hold a solid 90 or 89fps,which ever it is,on all tracks within iracing.

10. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Not like they do on this track though? I never seen the lines before. Not even on Atlanta. Granted, they might be there but i never noticed them. On Zandvort they are ALL OVER my screen (on everything except tarmac). Cant be avoided. :D Seems you guys think this is normal then? These lines has to go. I dont see them on any other track. FPS is also low on Zand so lets see what happens in the next builds.

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Could well be your overclock, something is messing up your end no doubt about it as with my specs I can run this track Med/High in VR just fine, bogs down a bit with lots of traffic though (which is to be expected)

12. bwana

bwana Registered

I'm going to have to go and look for them now , certainly havnt been noticeable to me as yet

Alex72 and patchedupdemon like this.
  13. patchedupdemon

Just changed shadows and soft particles to max and it went down to 70fps in a light cloud skybox,60-55 fps with an overcast skybox.
    Confirmed for me that shadows above low are a waste of time as I didn't really notice anything different between low an max

14. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Your problem is PCI Express 2.0. While removing the thermal interface of my 3770k and changing it to liquid metal i used a 2600k and the game results were nearly the same like with the 3770k except in rFactor2. The framerate went down from 130-150 on Matsusaka to 70-90 alone on track even with 100% GPU load. I testet everything, driver etc but after changing back to the 3770k everything was fine.
    I made some others tests and determinded that using PCI Express 2.0 decreases the performance massivly sometimes from 70 till only 20fps with a 30 cars in the pit.

stonec likes this.
  15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Cheers I may upgrade cpu & mobo soon

But if it's only rf2's certain tracks then no rush, my pc seamlessly runs VR fine otherwise
    ( looking at tracks like Zandvoort I can't see what extra benift its giving to justify me the trouble of upgrading , other tracks look & feel better & run fine so zero rush )

16. KernigWRC

KernigWRC Registered

go for the i7 7700k and overclock it to 5ghz if you want the most single core performance you can get NOW
    wait for intel coffe lake processors and see wich one of them has the most single core performance if you can wait that long

and yes, for games and especially rFactor 2 you dont need many cores/threads, all you need is singlecore performance thats why the i7 7700k is so good for that

i have my 7700k at 5ghz and it runs me driving + 105 ai cars with 120 fps+ as long as the gpu does not bottleneck, because 106 cars on screen, I had to lower graphics settings for that

17. patchedupdemon

Given that 2.0 x16 is the same bandwidth as 3.0x8 I can't see it making any difference going to 3.0

Check this link out,0.1 % lows across the games,or in other terms a one god difference

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Cheers good info Kern

I'll upgrade later but will not because a few tracks in one software title runs terribly for me would be easier & cheaper just to resub to iracing if hardly any rf2 tracks ran well thankfully generally (optimised tracks) I get decent performance in rf2 with conservative settings

19. stonec

stonec Registered

3.0 x8 is just as bad as 2.0 x16 in rF2. I think I've linked this analysis enough times for it to be clear now. :)

rF2 does not equal "other games". Anything like a GTX 970 or 1050 Ti (which I have), will bottleneck hugely on PCI-E 2.0 x16 or 3.0 x8. Not even the best GPU or CPU overclock will make a difference. I have tested this myself, when I overclock CPU/GPU, and I'm bus limited, the FPS stays virtually the same.

Emery and CamiloNino like this.
  20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

intels new CPU coffee lake apparently releasing next Monday, going to read up on it, I like coffee