GTR 3

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by rogue22, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

Their tire model "in road"pull is not at the top and they know a tire do not get ice after a big friction, Every 6 months it changes it is not for nothing, and the weight of the car and really on estimate in physics, i have stop Ir after spending more than 1k euro It is overestimated for me.
    just online race is top sim
    I'm OK to pay a good racing system like iracing but not a tracks and a car to 15euro never again ...

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Not quite sure if you're being serious or sarcastic!? :)

3. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Registered

Trust your gut! ;)
    It's always a little of both with me. My brain is wired 'unconventionally' and likes to go at least two ways at once.

The middle paragraph may, possibly, be a dig at the elitist 'Sim-Racers*' on iRacing who demand that anti roll bar link bars should be weighed, measured, tensile checked and have the correct atomic phys-fazz waffle-dory modeled perfectly, while ignoring the fact that there are never any oil leaks on the track, and that cars just disappear after crashes....

I know that iRating and Safety Rating are pretty much irrelevant, but those numbers still grab me by the throat and make me worry about them. And despite being irrelevant, they still do a good job.... (See what I mean about brain wiring?)

* always Sim-Racers, never video gamers!

4. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

So, they've announced GTR 3 in February and never provided one more single info since then...

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    Juergen-BY and Adrianstealth like this.
  5. muz_j

muz_j Registered

...and from the looks of their web site, they are actively recruiting people for this project.
    http://www.simbin.com/#jobs

...I doubt this title will be released on time (some time in 2018).
    i.e. no news or updates about it and jobs advertised on their web site doesn't fill me with confidence.
    But I welcome being proved wrong :)

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  6. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Ir and safety rating along with the licensing system is the biggest dupe in gaming history,they do nothing that people claim,10k ir drivers can race with 1ir drivers,same with sr,you could name them a different thing but people would still obsess but they would have the stated effect still.
    Iracing is a pick up and play game,it's the deluded fanboys who proclaim that the physics in rl is based on iracing physics,and that real life drivers use for such a reason,yet reality proves this to be false,you really see a non paid rl driver talking highly of the tyre or physics,it's all about the tracks.

I'm sooo close to letting my sub run out,I'm getting more and more drawn to rf2 after fiddling with ai settings,damn the ai give me a comparable and sometimes better race than the clowns on iracing,the good racers on there are few and far between.
    The biggest downfall of iracing is letting people progress the licence ladder without learning a damn thing or having completed a certain standard before so.
    Sr can be earned by time trialling ,or just starting from the pits and finishing last in every race,to avoid getting near anyone else.

Which ever game takes on a similar style of online competition,needs to learn from iracings mistakes

mesfigas likes this.
  7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i m disappointed from iracing standars too but its a lot of fun to play there if good ppl join a race.
    if those good ppl are good drivers the game is super fun.
    iracing physics are just good as rfactor1
    not really better.
    iracing is not a simulator so it doesnt need better physics than what currently have.
    iracing uses safe ratio algorithms across the whole track so a fixed good handling and always predictable way of physics is what realy needed to play that kind of game.
    can you imagine someone who paid a fortune to buy tracks and cars in iracing to play that game with rfactor2 physics?
    of course not they gonna loose all of their clients included the so called pros because they will be out of track most of the time.
    so iracing for the online fun and rf2 for the rest.
    happy new year all

Christos Segkounas likes this.
  8. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Hello.

Since I started the simulation, I have always been on one simulation at a time.

In recent years, there is no equivalent of RF2 so the question does not arise (I speak of realism obviously).

Having a lot of different problems with RF2 (very bad performance, bugs etc.), so I ask myself a question about GTR3 that will come out soon :

---> According to the information or rumors that you have, is there a high chance for the GTR3 level of global realism to reach roughly that of RF2 ?

Having a possible alternative to RF2 would be a good thing (which does not mean that I'm going to give up RF2, but at least we would have a choice, a choice we do not have today when we are attached to realism).

9. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

Will GTR3 look to realism as rF2 does? I suppose only time will tell. Having recently tried and surprisingly enjoyed some RaceRoom content I've been hovering on their forum and I thought I read that the intention was GTR3 to also make it onto consoles which in my opinion usually means compromises have to be made, both at a hardware level (though maybe that is less so these days) and at a 'target audience' level.

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Based on what every driver says, GT3 cars are not hard to drive IRL so going hardcore simulation adding optional assists is not really a problem and would please everyone. Hopefully they do this game more immersive (on the aspects of a real life race) like F1 2017, I'm really wishing a sim would do that already, tired of dead tracks and pit lane, not working FCY, virtual safety car, etc. Really hope GTR3 will not be just more of the same with a UE4 engine

11. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

If it's for PS you can forget about a hardcore sim...

12. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Déjà vu. Let's wait and see.

Question is, both best sim titles (rF2 and AC) completely fail on offer a real championship as GTR2 did. Let's remember:
    • Full 24h day cycle
    • Weather (functional, not the mess which currently rF2 weather system is)
    • Real FIA-GT track pack
    • Licensed championship cars
    • Real driver names baring talent files
    • Correct track order, racing lengths including 24h events.
    Now tell me which modern title have these. No, they prefere the DLC chaos with loose tracks and cars, unrelated content and completely unconnected stuff.

See one example of an recent AC DLC: a F1 Ferrari - lol. What's the fun on a 22 F1 Ferrari in the Misano starting grid? Completely unreal.

If GTR3 cover this gap {lack of game structure) it will be well succeed. On the contrary, if it was another fragmented mess like rF2 or Asseto (which doesn't even bring time lapse in a 2018 game - pathetic), then it will be another failure.

13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

If RaceRoom had continued where GTR2 stopped it would offer that (and more if they kept developing stuff like 3d animations and its interactions, that is part of my hope for GTR3... I want to feel in a real life race event, not a damn dead track where everything happens by magic), seems like they gave up after a while.
    I imagine licensing a full championship now is a lot harder than ever. Reiza talking about license the whole Stock Car Brasil championship made me tired just imagining having to call everyone for authorization (and hope they wont actually want you to pay for each name used in the game). It's just an insane amount of work to get license of everything in a Blancpain series, specially the Spa 24h.

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  14. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Codemasters F1 has really bad physics but hell, they know to build an atmosphere. PC2 also has some touches in this way. S397 should have a look.

mesfigas likes this.
  15. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Yeah, codies can't do physics if their lives depended on it, but I still enjoy those games. PCars 2 was sold on shiny shiny graphics and that was it.

Same way I enjoy Assetto Corsa. It looks nice, has laser scanned tracks (yes, I enjoy them, despite it might looking like I couldn't care about them) but what lets it down is the stock content for the most part is awful. Might as well call it 'understeer simulator'. Plus it's a Ferrari love-in.

Hate to sound like one of "those guys", but all the stuff I use in AC is mod content. RSS, VRC and ASR (the proper one, not the BlackGoku one) are the only things keeping it alive.

GTR3 has the opportunity to fill the gaps of the ven diagram and bring the best of RF2 (physics, rain, day night) and the best of AC (visuals, laser scanned tracks) and make it work.

Rui Santos likes this.
  16. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

You have a few fair points and I especialy like the idea to create a coherent experience for the user. On the other hand, AC and rF2 were never planned to be such a type of sim even going that far to offer just a single blueprint for each type of car for the modding community. How well that played out (for both platforms) is a completely different story, but I think that each type of product can have it's merits. For me GTR2 and the Race series allways lacked the flexibility of rF or even rF2 later on and that's the reason why I played rF more and it might be the reason why modding never really took off for GTR2 compared to rF. I also think that GTR2 is seen with totaly different eyes today. When you use the the sim for an offline season for example it get's messy quite fast too and it seems that people have forgotten about some of those issues. The "functional" weather as you explained it is practicaly not usable for offline championchips as the AI tends to run fantasy times during the practice session, wich are quite often simply unrealistic. The AI is basicly the biggest letdown and reason why I don't really use the sim.

But for me this wakes the question why ISI never took the opportunity to create a championship mode to give their fantastic AI a showcase. In that regard I can oly hope that thise is a critical point high up the priority list for the new UI.

David Kolody likes this.
  17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Modding never took off for GTR2?! Offline championship gets messy?! We must have played different games

18. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Compared to rF the amount of mods was pretty much tiny with a very few outstanding ones, like Power & Glory and the WSGT mod. That you can overlook the issues that I mentioned, is good for you, but as much as I like GTR2 I don't look at it through rose tinted glasses. I don't know how many restarts I needed because the AI failed at Enna through the fast chicanes and cars kept flying through the air. The other issues are basicly rF remnants, like the fantasy times in qualy for example, AI with zero awareness. And it is another reason why I have moved on to rF2.

Anyway, this topic is about GTR3. If they can build up on where GTR2 left of and polish the issues I mentioned it could be a good game. I am just sceptical about their time line especialy with the different platforms.

19. LokiD

LokiD Registered

i would like to see GTR2 totally modded visually.

So new textures
    -to tracks
    -cars and cockpits.

I could happily use the original ffb and everything else. Just when i try it, the visuals look bit pants nowadays.

20. Flaux

Flaux Registered

It is so funny... I would change exactly the opposite. GTR2 has everything to offer that rf2 has. Rain, Day/Night, a really blinding sun. PLUS it has pitcrews, sparks, an official championship and music in the menus (haha).

So... I would update the physics in GTR2 and not the visuals. Specially AI.

But it is funny to see the differences in perception.

Ari Antero and LokiD like this.