Frustrated

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sittinhere, Jul 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon

Jon Registered

I've just checked the link, it was this one here:

https://github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying/releases/tag/1.6.722

I downloaded and ran the DWS_Lite.exe

To get the best optimum use Disable Windows Update from the Utilities tab first, then press Disable Windows 10 Spying on the main tab. Otherwise the Windows update will automatically run when it's restarted. Interestingly, I didn't do this, and when I restarted rFactor after the PC had restarted I got absolutely terrible stuttering. Then I checked my windows update and noticed it was updating, which suggests to me that Windows Updates are at least a partial contributer to the stuttering issue. Today I didn't experience any stuttering in any online race, although I haven't spent too much time on it. It may not completely fix the issue, but it should help. Also make sure you check the uninstall Metro apps checkbox, which is greyed out by default as the changes are irreversible.

not_him_59 likes this.
  2. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Thanks. From what i know you cannot turn windows updates off in Win10. We are forced now to get updates. Of course maybe with hacks you can do it. There was just now big updates for me and my system got really weird so im a bit scared of doing this on top of that. I really need to reinstall and have my PC completely fresh and clean, but i keep holding it off cause its a PITA. :D

3. Jon

Jon Registered

Yeah like I said in my original post I was a little tired after a long day at work and perhaps ran it a little carelessly. A log appeared of what it was doing and I had no idea what it meant, like firewall 45552 set lock, countless messages like that. The disable Windows Update is I believe a hack, which I personally didn't do but now I make an effort to manually check for updates when I don't plan on playing, so at least I have some control when the updates are run.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    not_him_59 and Alex72 like this.
  4. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

This type of vague thread with a vague title almost always ends in disaster.
    If you have a bug report to make, please make a bug report :)
    Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.