AI pitting early in wet races + other rain issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoboCAT10, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

One of the main reason for someone to come to a forum is because he is having some type of problem. Community gives immediate response to most issues.

However, sincerely, what would you say is the average time for a reported bug to be solved by the game developers?

ECAR_Tracks and RoboCAT10 like this.
  2. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

I cant answer that honestly because I only came back to simracing a few months ago after almost 10 years, so I don't know much about the trends before that.

From what I have seen S397 responded very quickly to the DX11 performance issues that affected AMD users, and not so quickly to the fullscreen issue (not 100% fixed, but with progress), but still answered in a few weeks. What that tells me is that the priority now is graphics, (if you ask a random simracer why they dont use rF2 the #1 answer will be "lol cuz graphics sucks") and that they can indeed fix quickly something that affects a considerable amount of people, but their team size is probably not big enough to tackle several bugs at once, which make prioritizing even more important.

Where I think they should improve, and a lot, is in communicating those priorities, and talking to people in this forums. It is kinda silly that you can get answers very quickly if you go to discord, where the answer will likely only be seen by the few that are online at that moment, but rarely in this forums, where those answers are permanent and easy to see for other people.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    Emery likes this.
  3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

IMO when you release something new, that should become the priority until it gets polished.

Civics came with a set of tires that were odd compared to the others. This was reported about 3 months ago.

Radical LH version has a severe weight unbalance. According to official documentation this seems an error. It came out a month ago.

An official response is still to come about both issues. Both items took several hours to properly document them.

Introducing new features in the top of the priority list without polishing previous things only makes the bug list grow bigger.

4. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Communication is a big issue for me. Even though they have created a bug and not bothered to fix it, they have not acknowledged it at all. I'm sick of seeing responses like 'priorities ' and 'patience '. It is incredibly frustrating to see so much more content be released but so many bugs left unattended.

I believe s397 can do a great job with rf2, but I find it ridiculous they are rushing to all this new content without polishing the base of the game. Fix these darn bugs you created and then being in your fancy new features.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

They HAVE acknowledge the issue, they HAVE responded, but apparently not sufficiently to mollify you. You are tired of hearing about patience and priorities, but dang, that truly is the issue. You and other rain racing offline users don't add up to the number of online league and competitions. I have seen posts that show they know of the problem and will address it, IN THIS VERY THREAD, but let's pretend user bases don't matter, lets pretend one man's complaint (even if echo'd by others) is enough to cause a company to drop EVERYTHING else to satisfy you. As I and many others have posted trying to give you some perspective on WHY the rainbug hasn't been fixed. I'm sorry if you think our time replying to you is worthless and insignificant, I have read MANY MANY users here attempting to help you understand, but all you want is what you want and you want it now...or better yet... yesterday. I have about 10 paragraphs I just typed BELOW this that once again tried to explain legitimate reasons for delays, but I'm deleting them. I know when MY EFFORTS, MY TIME, MY VIEWPOINTS are fully and completely WASTED on someone who cannot read, cannot comprehend and cannot understand that he is just a small zit on a very very large butt. {ten paragraphs deleted}
    Good Day sir,
    Dave Henrie

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    MarcG, CamiloNino and Emery like this.
  6. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I expect it to be fixed if it was a bug they created. Yes they responded ONCE in THIS thread but since then there has been NOTHING. NO communication, NOTHING. I am NOT asking for a new feature, I am asking for a FIX to a bug THEY created. I am not a idiot like you think I am. I can read, I can comprehend. But this if the official rfactor 2 forum. If I have an issue where else do I go, go on your so smart, tell me WHERE I go for a bit of communication if not here. Please ENLIGHTEN me. I appreciate the replys here, but I am sick of no communication from the developers themselves.

Okay, wet weather users may not be a huge group BUT wet weather is a part of this game and for me it was working FINE before s397 implemented this bug. I have every right to complain and ask for a fix as like you, I purchased this game and I was at least content with how the wet weather was before s397. It is NOT fair that some people's enjoyment (fair enough maybe a smaller sized group) enjoyment of the game is lessened because of a bug. However that's okay, because that group doesent matter and they are a "small zit on an very very large but" - screw those people, they can wait and they don't matter.

I AM NOT asking for a new feature. I AM NOT asking for something better. I AM NOT asking for it right here and now, I have been patient for many months. I AM asking for a fix to a bug that s397 created, in which after many months they have not bothered to do. I do understand the responses here, but one thing I don't get, is why this is even acceptable. How is it okay for a developer to come in, take over rf2, create bugs thus hampering the overall enjoyment for some and simply forget about and move on to 'bigger' things with "prioritys"?! Total rubbish. This shouldn't be accepted by any game developer and is NOT a good look. But no, I can go screw myself and accept the "priorities" and accept that the bug, they, THEY created does not matter. I have been patient for many months. I have been patient but I am becoming increasingly frustrated that I have at least had no recent response from s397. Is it to hard to fix? Is it impossible? Why is is so DIFFICULT to respond, a mere sentence!?

x

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You don't deserve being read further than three lines. Good day sir.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The Discord channel where the devs are very happy to talk everything RF2, that's where :)

10. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

How often are these run? I didn't know of these discords but am looking into them now.

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Discord channel is very difficult to follow and very annoying in terms of notifications. Things get buried because everything goes in two or three topics.

As it has been said several things should be kept in the forum and for things like bug reports definitely discord is not the way to go.

There is a section called bug reports in the forum. That must be for a reason.

ECAR_Tracks, CamiloNino and Emery like this.
  12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

...and has @RoboCAT10 bothered to post his issue there?

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

14. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

No, because I have never heard of it, perhaps my own fault, but no one mentioned it to me all the times I asked for support. Thank you for letting me know, finally some constructive feedback.
    I have

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Good

16. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Considering this is the official rfactor 2 forum, you can't blame me thinking I would be more likely to get a response here.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

never quit do you o_O

18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

19. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

with s397,they haven't been here long enough for any of us to cast a verdict on how they are tackling bugs or issues.
    Coming from iracing where bugs have gone unattended for years upon years,with devs flat out refusing to even acknowledge them sometimes and just churning out content after content,or broken feature after feature,I'm willing to give s397 at least 2years before I even give a definitive opinion based verdict on their conduct here.
    All I can say is so far they look like they have the right plan,also when people cry "all they are doing is realeasing loads of content while letting the sim die",they have only released what is it,3 or 4 cars,hardly a flood that would justify a comment like that,personally I think they have given rf2 a balanced workload so far,meaning they have attended to stuff across the board and not just focused on one aspect.

Maybe some on here are letting the frustrations from the last owners of rf2,taint their perception of the new guys,and granted I haven't been here long,and It's probably that reason why my opinion isn't tainted.

Believe me,I'm hated on iracing for talking about the realities of their bugged product,and if I have evidence of the same poor work ethic here,I'll be doing that here too.

RoboCAT10 likes this.
  20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.