[REL] Longford 1967 v1.0 [2018-08-15]

Discussion in 'Locations' started by woochoo, Mar 15, 2013.

1. vivemclaren

vivemclaren Registered

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Very nice indeed! Thank you.

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Is it possible to adjust what's considered a track cut for the v1.00 release? Doing an endurance race and my teammate went deep on the last corner and got a cut, leading to penalty. Going through the open fence on sector 2 and last corner is already enough punishment.

4. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Thanks Gui, could you please take a screenshot of the area, and put a line or arrows showing the path he took to get a penalty?

5. Emery

Emery Registered

(Going down rabbit holes on the internet today...)
    Hey, woochoo, how about including this in the Longford paddock?

[​IMG]

Ari Antero, Gary77, Mauro and 7 others like this.
  6. woochoo

woochoo Registered

You could say I sort of already have, sort of :D

Arne Senna likes this.
  7. woochoo

woochoo Registered

times like these it's easy to make peace with past obsession and perfectionism
    i mean, it's not exact, and it's not high quality, but... it's there :D
    2017-07-25_10h10_20.jpg

pascom, MarcG, Eric Rowland and 11 others like this.
  8. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

It's a great photo, does that rabbit hole of yours go by the name of primotipo?

If not I'd thoroughly recommend it. Not to sidetrack @woochoo's thread but there's a lot of great articles and photos on there of the Tasman series (and the era in general) with Longford featuring fairly regularly.

9. Emery

Emery Registered

But where's the trailer? :cool::D

Yes, primotipo. I was actually chasing after historic racing tire profile pics (inflated and deflated) and now have a pretty good library built up in case anyone is interested. Yesterday's rabbit hole was all about photogrammetry since my modeling skills are weak.

woochoo likes this.
  10. woochoo

woochoo Registered

For Hobartians, Tasmanians, possibly Australians, and Tourists of course
    Longford is on display at the Festival of Bright Ideas in Hobart, as part of National Science Week (authorised by Studio 397).
    There will only be a few of you anywhere near this, and if you are, it's at Princess Wharf 1 pavilion, Hobart, 09:00-16:00 on Saturday, 12th (tomorrow). Free entry, and lots of local science and tech exhibits. The market will be on next-door if you wanted to make a morning journey.

Come and have a drive and a chat :)
    It's not a motion-base rig. T300, with bass-shakers in the foot well, and the EVE F3
    And an un-released, in-development update for Longford ;)

Here is a shark, from school kid's day today, driving the wrong direction for some reason
    I can tell you, it's quite humorous to see a shark lean forward when accelerating in a sim car!

20170811_142302.jpg
    I hope the shark doesn't mind me posting this photo...

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    Louis, hexagramme, sg333 and 15 others like this.
  11. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

With a bit more notice, that would have been worth getting a cheap weekend away for. Haven't been to Hobart for close to 20 years, could have been heaps of fun

woochoo likes this.
  12. Emery

Emery Registered

Now THIS is community participation!

woochoo likes this.
  13. Emery

Emery Registered

Wait! What?!? Tell us more!

woochoo likes this.
  14. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

nice to see hictoric tracks for rf2......we need more of this

pascom, woochoo and Mauro like this.
  15. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

is that Greg Norman behind the wheel?......

Brack Jabham and woochoo like this.
  16. woochoo

woochoo Registered

The public display day went well. Lots of kids having a try, and some of them trying to go too fast into the Viaduct. Newry Corner proving too tricky for almost everyone of any age. Nice to see some kids taking it nice and easy, with some rather slow but fairly clean laps. Had some chats with adults who grew up in the area, or even went to the real race weekends.

These photo were taken on the way back from my only break during the day. There were usually at least 2-3 people and up to maybe 10 watching someone driving, and there was always someone driving. Basically a non-stop day of telling people not to accelerate too hard in the paddock, and that most corners were 60-70kph, and "ready to slow down, start slowing down, brake, BRAKE, BRAKE! BRAKE!! BRAKE!!!" :p
    I did include some big arcade-ish "SLOW", "FAST", and arrow signs though, which did seem to help most people a bit.

20170812_135435_sml.jpg
    The hazard sign is a disclaimer about the T300 potentially knocking someone's thumb or fingers if they crash.
    Solution for not having an on-screen track map? Printed an A3 track map and stuck it above the screen.
    The desk was wobbly, and many people did try to rip the wheel off it :eek: Someone pulled it so hard that the second monitor fell forward, but luckily only onto the desk and not the floor. Lessons to be learned there...

20170812_135446_sml.jpg

I made a promo video to loop-play on the second monitor as well. No real reason not to post it here too, i guess :)
    6m30sec, and no sound for most of it. Includes some "behind the scn" from 3dsMax. The last minute or so is just advertising where to get rF2.

And thanks to S397 for allowing the display of their game

EDIT:
    There was another confirmed shark sighting, but it only approached, watched for a few moments, gave a few gestures, and then moved back into the sea of people. Can't confirm if it was the same shark

EDIT #2:
    Little known fact: The green/yellow/red fabric you see in those photos was actually purchased and used for making the custom marshal flags for Longford, way back in... maybe 2012? (also there is some folded up white and blue fabric behind the main monitor, but i didn't have a use for them in the display)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    pascom, PLAYLIFE, TheGame316 and 13 others like this.
  17. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Thanks for the fun video on your beloved project. That video (with very appropriate music) gives a real insight as to all the care and attention to detail you have showered on Longford - my favourite, stress reducing drive through the countryside :)

woochoo likes this.
  18. adamfarmer

adamfarmer Registered

Outstanding everything Woochoo!

woochoo likes this.
  19. Mauro

Mauro Registered

1968 Longford, Tasman Series.
    Jim Clark driving a Lotus 49T (2nd in photo) won the race, the last major race win of his career.
    Clark was killed in West Germany six weeks after the race.

[​IMG]

20. bwana

bwana Registered

[​IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG] Last day of a 6 day Tour de Targa in my sprite today , dropped into Longford Hotel , amazing collection of historic stuff in there , will post a link to an album once l get home , had a beer in honour of Woochoo before heading off to Symons Plains to watch the Supercars and legends ..