How to Enable Steam Plugin for WFG Competition

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 3, 2017.

1. oclynx

oclynx Registered

Hello.
    I've being experiencing the following problem while trying to join the server.
    upload_2017-8-7_22-31-15.png

The first time it happened was on saturday (august 5th) and it was solved after I changed my Steam ID and driver's name to match my name, as registered on the competition.

Today, while trying to login, the same error popped up.

Any ideas on what's happening and how to solve it?

2. Hparadine

Hparadine Registered

That has happened to me once, yesterday, rejoined server and all was good.

3. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

When you click the "join" button the competition server allocates a free slot on one of the available servers. It keeps that slot free for a maximum of 5 minutes. If loading your local rFactor 2 client takes longer than that, the slot is freed again and you get this message because you effectively timed out. The other alternative is that you did not even click join, tried joining the server directly (but that is less likely given your description). Try clicking "join" again. I'm assuming loading took longer because maybe there were updates to install?!

oclynx and Hparadine like this.
  4. Manoel Belem

Manoel Belem Registered

[​IMG] What is going on? PLS 10seconds than diconnect screenshot-steamcommunity.com-2017-08-09-12-47-59.jpeg

5. oclynx

oclynx Registered

Thanks for that important info. I've being trying to join the server again and timing the loading process, from clicking "join" to being at the track, and it's taking around 4min flat, for me.

After that, I tryed to open the game offline and enter the track with the same car, hoping that some data would be held at the RAM and the joining time would be reduced, and it seems like it worked. Joining time was about 2min and I'm online for a couple of minutes.

6. Solarys

Solarys Registered

how could i reach the quali today of silverstone ? i can't see any link

7. Javi288

Javi288 Registered

Again the same problem, now with Zandvoort. 'Mod could not be installed. MOD download failed'.