rFactor 2 and McLaren - World’s Fastest Gamer!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 23, 2017.

1. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Real road would be static.
    And its not greeen, there is a rubbered line. Off line is less grip.
    So they have made a rubbered line, saved it then made it static.

Mulero and SPASKIS like this.
  2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

RealRoad is 50% and static

SPASKIS likes this.
  3. David O'Reilly

You would be surprised. I have compared sets used by aliens in FSR. They vary greatly. One mans meat is anothers poison. Some great drivers are amazing at handling oversteer. Others not.
    People have their strengths and habits in setup approach. I have seen guys who just always play with camber, others a lot with gearing, some tyre pressures etc etc.

David Kolody likes this.
  4. David O'Reilly

Mark that doesnt seem right. If its was simply 50% saturation there is not usually a rubbered line?? Here there is one.
    Maybe its 50% and then some laps?
    Happy here BTW achieved todays goal, a 1:59 something

bwana likes this.
  5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Only saying what the Devs said on Discord, besides a rubbered line can be visible from minimal usage so yes 50% would be visible on track.

bwana likes this.
  6. David O'Reilly

I think that the 25% 50% etc relates to saturation across the whole surface. 50% wont make a rubbered line. It will be the same everywhere.
    Then you get out and do some laps which puts more rubber down on line. Thats what you see, it evolves from lapping.
    So the % quoted is the amount off-line. The rubbered line is on top.

So with a lower % saturation its trickier off-line. and vice versa.
    In FSR for example we usually run 25% saturation. Otherwise with a green track (0%) and simply the rubbered line it gets a bit like a wet track with a drying line. Harder to overtake as no grip off-line.

SPASKIS and MarcG like this.
  7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah that sounds about right, they didn't go into a technical description on Discord :D

David O'Reilly likes this.
  8. Jeffrey Rietveld

Jeffrey Rietveld Registered

Gran Turismo isn't a simulator but a game compared to rF2, I think that's a big difference. Especially if you haven't done iRacing or rFactor 1 on a high competetive level. Regarding the tires, I don't check tire temps at all, I just go out and drive. For all I know tire temps hardly affect the laptime :)

9. xGerhardsax

xGerhardsax Registered

ive done rFactor years before I touched a PS3. I've been driving rfactor 1 since 2007.
    I actually just borrowed my cousins PS3 and game to try and see if I can make it to GT Academy

Like I said earlier...Maybe I am just crap:D

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It would be very nice if after WFG S397 could maintain a hotlap competition every two weeks or so (no big prizes would be necessary. DLC content would be just fine!!). I also wish if from time to time wet conditions could be used. There we could see differences!!!!

bwana, kantenflimmern and CamiloNino like this.
  11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Maybe you should start checking temps. If they are above or below their optimal range you start losing grip.

12. Emery

Emery Registered

Real Road is static on the server.

13. Emery

Emery Registered

That's why opinions are crap. They're often full of baseless accusations, hearsay, and halftruths. People are prone, like you, to stick to their opinions instead of seeking the truth.

Christos Segkounas likes this.
  14. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Stop destroying people's fragile state of mind.
    The word "excuses" can be found under "racing driver" in the dictionary.
    This is what they do NOT want to hear.
    And will never accept.

15. David O'Reilly

Have you seen his lap times?

xGerhardsax likes this.
  16. David O'Reilly

In my perfect world there would be a contest like this in the build up to a race on that same combo.
    Saying that 800 cars on the grid might get hectic.
    Maybe a few races then.

Bring on a Nordschliefe hot lap contest. Now theres some homework to do.

Hparadine likes this.
  17. xGerhardsax

xGerhardsax Registered

Haha..i wanted to say that!

18. gabor

gabor Registered

Guys let's talk a bit of setup here. My laps not perfect now, been doing 2:00:9, I know I can improve on that a lot as in first sector alone I gained 0.6 sec, then when I saw how much I gained, lost concentration and ended up screwing the lap up (my brake ref for Village is shit, can't get a good brake reference point for that + my line for loop is always wide so lot's of times wasted there).

But, in regards to setup. At the moment I run Rear wing at 2, hard front spring rates, about +2 on front anti roll bar, and rear I went towards soft (can't recall exact setups as I'm not in game now).

With this setup Mechanical grip on slow corners I got a lot more compared to the top laps I saw, I'm up to 95-98kph in luffield without getting my front left tyre to overheat. when I compare that to other laps, they get about 88-94 and their front left tyre shoots up to 120-130deg C. same goes for other very slow corners, if I get my lines well, I carry about 2-5kph more speed then average I compared against people doing 1:58's.

However downside of this setup is high speed corners, I can't get more than 188 reliably trough turn 1, sometimes i get 195ish but is not as clean as I would like it to be, and costing time. In turn 2 I saw people doing 216 in 5th, I can get about 205 ish. another set point is trough the maggots &becketts on the small brake area, where they clip the apex at around 200kph, again, my setup reliably can only carry about 188kph. Anything close to 200kph trough apex I end up wide. even at 188, I have to change down to 4th straight after I hit the apex to create a bit of oversteer for next turn. Should I not do this, I would end up wide, completely missing next turn.

I tried therefore increasing the rear end stiffness/anti roll bars, however when I do this, the car becomes very snappy on over-steer, and by snappy I mean literally you go in a corner, you think you have it, but all it takes is a bump in the road, or anything to unsettle the rear and boom it's shoots you spinning with no chance of catching it.

I tried running more rear wing, however that comes at a cost of top end speed & acceleration. I honestly did not run this setup much as that because I saw not immediate benefit, and seeing how much more sluggish car got on straights I abandoned this route.

Any input on that guys?
    Much appreciated.

P.S. I know with my current setup I should be able to improve, as I said specially sector 1, so even a 1:59 I should be able to achieve if I was to be more consistent, however what bugs me is them high speed corners where I can't get it to settle down properly.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  19. elbo

elbo Registered

Any word as to whether we will have to wait for this competition to be over before S397 pushes out another update?

20. Emery

Emery Registered

That's where splits based on skill come in.