rFactor 2 and McLaren - World’s Fastest Gamer!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 23, 2017.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

Latest from the competition:
    • Median lap time (half the people above, half the people below) is 2:01.65 for 933 entrants (Fri was 713) .
    • From 2:01 to 2:03, there are 261 people (28.0% of total), slight decline as more are in the 1:59s & 2:00s now.
    • To be in the top 10% of total entrants, you need a 1:58.56 or lower (Fri was 1:58.78).
    • 51 people (Fri was 28) are in the 1:57s (5.5% of total).
    • Top 20 are 1:57.25 to 1:57.56, about a 0.05 second decrease.
    upload_2017-8-6_20-37-13.png

2. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

got 2:00.3 today. was able to shave off 1 second of my yesterdays best. getting closer to my even 2:00 goal, but at the same time realised that it is propably the theoretical best for me. even tough i've said in the past that i rather eat worms than use driving aids:D i had to enable traction control (medium) to get that 1 second off. tried abs too but didn't see any benefit from it.

i'll give tomorrow another try to get to my goal but then that's it for me, my left ankle is allready sooo sore from braking with the stiff brake(mod) that i have.

It has been super fun with the car and seeing so many people get excited about the challenge:)
    hopefully this has a long lasting positive effect to rF2 and in the future we see more populated servers in the lobby.

for me 1:57 is totally uncomprehencable time, and really makes me humble to witness such an awesomeness. ALIENS!! they are here!!!:eek:

David O'Reilly and bwana like this.
  3. bwana

bwana Registered

Yep we have the same goal well almost I'm after 1 .59.999 but don't think l can get there might try med TC as lve only tried low .. currently 2.00.082 and hit the wall l think .. Great to see the involvment..

Kelju_K likes this.
  4. marmagas

marmagas Registered

Can you change settings about TC and ABS in the official competition servers?
    Where are these settings?

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

How are aids by default? I didn't even check.

6. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

You have the choice of TCS and ABS off, low, med,high.
    My PB is with no TCS btw. (2:00.2)

Kelju_K and bwana like this.
  7. marmagas

marmagas Registered

You can make these changes in garage settings?

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@marmagas No, it's in difficulty. You can also use function keys when in the car. F8 I think is TC? Can't remember ABS.

marmagas likes this.
  9. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

you can change them even on the track. they are artificial driving aids, you find the keys in the aids section in controls tab (2nd from top).

edit. ah lazza you beat me to it ;)

marmagas likes this.
  10. marmagas

marmagas Registered

Thanks boys!
    Will try them later!
    2.01.5 here,nothing special but i really enjoy this competition!!!

11. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

if you simultaneously soften the rear a bit to get "slidier" entry you can open throttle earlier with med tc. i got that second off allmost by that alone.

i ended up using it in the first place because the caster feels so high to me, making my corner entry very nervous and thus leaving aiming to the apex to the brakes, and with soft setup it's difficult as the nose dives so easily.
    being used to brake with right foot as i favor the oldies, my left (injured) ankle is allready crying and makes aiming with the brakes even harder.

This car has been a challenge in so many ways ;) hehe, but because of this car i finally got my self to install the extended paddles i've had for some time now for my G27 w/ 320mm wheel.

bwana likes this.
  12. xGerhardsax

xGerhardsax Registered

Well All of this escalated big time over the weekend. o_O
    And no offence to the guys saying that most are just crap not to get to the sub 2 min mark.

All that this proves to me is that there is indeed 2-3 seconds available on setup and 0.5 -1 second on track cuts( and getting to know the track), and another second or so for guys (the so called aliens) that just absolutely nailed the above mentioned factors perfectly.

Why else would there be so much "ohh you are just not good enough" nonsense and not anyone that shares a single setup in 21 pages? It basically just proves the point (and yes, I know this is part of the competition challenge) that setup and exploits count for most of the sub 2 min, sub 1min59 times on the LB...
    Again...no offence to any self proclaimed alien, but without a proper setup (which will in all likelihood look just about the same for all top 20-50 guys) I don't see anyone doing a 59, let alone a 58 or 57.
    My opinion, but without the evidence, I will stick with that opinion.
    Again..no offence, but I will probably get burned at the stake for this post again,

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

That list is going to go over 1000

This is the best competition in sim-racing for a long time & great it's backed by Mclaren & a job offer for selected finalist

bwana likes this.
  14. Jeffrey Rietveld

Jeffrey Rietveld Registered

Not true at all. I can drive high 1:58's with default setup just taking the fuel out. Setup will give you at most 1,5 seconds ;)

SPASKIS likes this.
  15. xGerhardsax

xGerhardsax Registered

Well then shait!:confused:
    My suspicions must be real then. I must suck! (and I was a GT Academy finalist at Silverstone in 2013, so don't know how I managed that then)
    How do you get the Tyres warm enough to work by taking out the fuel?
    I find I need a couple of laps to achieve that, and even then 10 laps worth of fuel is not worth 2-3 seconds.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  16. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Whats to stop people running 1lt of fuel and switching fuel use off and also tyre wear off and running endless laps? Is that against the rules?

17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Server dictates the rules. User settings for fuel, tire wear do not matter.

18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

What about Real Road? I heard it resets to initial state every quali session start. That would mean over a second or more depending on initial value.

Guimengo likes this.
  19. xGerhardsax

xGerhardsax Registered

yeah, so the server says normal fuel and tire wear/usage...that's what will happen regardless of your in game settings

20. xGerhardsax

xGerhardsax Registered

Do they use real road?
    I thought it was a green track and stays that way?