rFactor 2 and McLaren - World’s Fastest Gamer!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 23, 2017.

1. bwana

bwana Registered

I get a slightly numb feel, not in a bad way but the cars are more composed but it may also just be the models released

2. Mulero

Mulero Registered

3. Skandepik

Skandepik Registered

I've seen lots of hotlaps today cutting the track at Stowe..but really cutting on the exit. That's a shame!

Kelju_K, SPASKIS and bwana like this.
  4. borbor

borbor Registered

that blows lol, you can't run plugin in VR

5. bwana

bwana Registered

Yet

6. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Prc just released an article saying our mclaren isn't completely developed by s397,saying it's an exact copy apart from textures of the assets corsa one,is this true what do you think.
    And are people really running 2s faster than real life

7. bwana

bwana Registered

Prc , as Pcars2 number one paid shrill , discrediting s397 is expected ..

kimbo, Alex72, bravotangosix and 2 others like this.
  8. xGerhardsax

xGerhardsax Registered

I am sure even with his setup I wont make it to the 1min58's.
    But don't tell me he is driving with the default. I will then tell him what Kevin Magnussen told Nico Hulkenburg after the last F1 race. :p

9. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Had a little 15 lap run today. With a few setup changes only, managed a 1.59.8 on a pretty light rubber track. was better then my first test doing 2.02 stock setup lol. I haven't signed up and wont be competing. but i can see how 58s are there about, 57s perhaps.

10. xGerhardsax

xGerhardsax Registered

I guess the question is...what changes? :D

11. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

I didn't mess around much , trying to understand best way to drive these cars. My leg is injured so I'm too slow for now so only do light running.

But there is a few obvious things like less rear wing. Play with tyre pressure, lower rear ride height to compensate for tail happy rear with lower wing. Silverstone has a few long straight so good corner exit is key.

12. Niki Djakovic

Niki Djakovic Registered

Nah, I am already employed and I can already tell, it's making it impossible to no-life this. So I'm not winning this for sure.
    Setup can mean about 1second in this car, not more. So that means you can drive two different setups the same and be 1sec faster with good setup vs default. That being said, default set is done pretty conventionally, you need to think a bit outside the box for this car. With conventional setups usually working on any rf2 car, I struggled last night to hit 57 as well, since grip is a bit lower on official servers. But, it doesn't mean it's awfully unrealistic. I've spoken with guys who setup this car in real life and they also say it's was a pile of junk to make it handle. In other words you have to go aggressive with setup. 1 rear wing, Stiffen the suspension up and make the nose light, which could cause the car to be even more snappy, or it could just click and you're alright if you then find good dampers, but you have driver aids allowed so you can then rely on that. I've been told they run aggressive caster irl on this car, but we don't have this option to setup for whatever reason, so running aggressive minus front toe is all you can do.
    Yeah, I have to agree with this. The car feels like it builds and builds and builds and then it's complete deadzone and deadlock and then snappidy snap city. This deadzone is THE LIMIT... which is certainly how few FWD cars felt irl when you drive them, or electric servo. I can hardly believe McLaren factory gt3 has this feeling in real life, but hey it might be. I do miss that edginess from isi corvette gt and urd cars, where you can control the car to the smallest detail, so while the car physics on 650s are probably great, i think the tires should still give feedback on the limit, it seems a bit lacking if you ask me, but again real life car might be the same. Not all race-cars handle briliantly even with good setups. Until someone officially doesn't confirm this we dont know.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  13. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

I think Niki is pretty spot on with his suggestions somewhat. people should not be afraid to try extreme setups to see what works. the stock setup may not suit certain peoples driving style. so you gotta experiment with this. the Low wing suggestion is pretty on the money as you have to get these cars to slide and rotate in the corner, otherwise they are very lazy and you will end up under steering. plus this is hot lapping not a race setup, goes balls out i say.

14. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Can I set up a McLaren 650S in a dedicated server and run it after I have purchased it? I have it installed and have copied the v1 file to the server and put it into the mix using mod mngr but it doesn't appear in the list when I go to the server set up in MAS

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yes you can as the steam dll doesn't write to screen :)

16. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  17. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Unlikely you are going to be needing that with such simple tuning options.
    I'm in the low 2:02s as well but I like to take things step by step and simply run out of time last night.
    I feel I've found a direction in the setup I want to be taking.
    I'm not foolish enough to believe I possess the same driving skills as the top guys but I know I ain't 4-5 secs a lap slower either.
    So will get there or thereabouts.
    Getting there is a challenge and who doesn't enjoy a challenge right?

sg333 and marmagas like this.
  18. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

I've probably put in over 200 laps these past two days, gotten down to 2:00.248. I've ran out of ideas on what to change for my setup. Mostly on the suspension side of things, I've gone maximum hardness with the spring rate and anti-roll bars, slightly higher values with everything else. Should I go even higher with those? Has anybody tried going soft/lower instead?

I really just want to get into the 1:59's and then I'll be satisfied, even if it's a 1:59.999. I know I'm not going to be anywhere near the 1:57's like those aliens, and one guy is in the mid 1:56's but I think he cheated somehow seeing how he's more than half a second ahead of #2.

19. jmarq10

jmarq10 Registered

He is a very known spaniard cheater, banned of all the championships he entered so definitly mclaren needs to review the times

SL1DE and bwana like this.
  20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

That 1:56 have been removed for cheating (or will be, they said in Discord)

SL1DE and Adrianstealth like this.