rFactor 2 and McLaren - World’s Fastest Gamer!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 23, 2017.

1. xGerhardsax

xGerhardsax Registered

So...guys...has anyone done some sort of setup work on this car? Are there obvious things that needs to change?
    1min58-59 seems very far away from what I can do on default set.

2. bears

bears Registered

Has anyone else got this issue I have the same problem ?

3. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

I've messed with my setup a bit, nothing too fancy just lower tyre pressures, more rear wing, and put the rear camber on -1.70. I was running 2:03.0 on default setup, and now I'm down to 2:02.0. I have no clue how on Earth people are getting 1:58, that seems impossible for me. Setup seems to go a long way with these cars though. Wish I could get my hands on their setups, I know absolutely nothing about setting up the suspension side of things. Probably a lot of time to be gained there.

It would be good if the comp was locked to a setup somehow, so everybody is on equal grounds and it's all the driver, not whoever's car setup is the best. It's Worlds Fastest Gamer, not Worlds Fastest Car Setup.

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I was also on the server and ABS was certainly not enabled. It was really easy to lock up with default braking setup. I tested with low ABS before entering the server.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

[​IMG]
    Idk how they do that either, aliens are just insane. Kinda suck when you join a league and there is like only one of them so there is no competition on the top, they usually also have very fragile feelings :D

SL1DE likes this.
  6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Well setup work is probably as important (or even more important) as going fast in simulator job.

I was also doing 2:02 (though I don't see 2:00 impossible). Just a lot of traffic there. I'm usually 1-3 seconds behind the fastest guys depending on track and my own performance so being 4 seconds slower was bit of surprise. I had problems with braking which probably cost me a lot.

7. xGerhardsax

xGerhardsax Registered

@SL1DE
    I feel you brother. I can manage mid 02's with the default, but the car just feels slow in general. Unhappy on the brakes, lazy in the med-high speed corners (lazy to get the front settled and turn in).
    Sub 2 mins feel years away, never mind 1min58

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I wasn't so surprised of people doing 1:58 and 1:59 but more the amount of drivers capable of pulling off those times.

9. xGerhardsax

xGerhardsax Registered

Maybe we should build a non alien setup here together?:cool:
    I am going to tinker around a bit this evening, and look at my other GT3 mod setups I have (even GTE cars maybe) and see if they can help improve this cars laptimes around Sstone

EDIT: I think it will mostly be sector 2 that most time can be made with a compliant car

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

So how do i do laps in this WFG ? all servers are locked ??
    I search WFG in launcher and about 10 WFG locked rooms ?

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

You need to register somewhere...

12. xGerhardsax

xGerhardsax Registered

Do they supply a password or something, or how does it work when you have registered?

13. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Yes, I agree. It would be odd to put a car that's been freely available for ages into the paid pack.
    Good news if that's the case - as I said, that'll make 6 GT3s total. :cool:

14. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Would people agree that theres a significant difference to ISI cars to s397s cars. Not in a bad way, just a different feeling in handling/ffb etc?

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

You join the server from the event page

16. xGerhardsax

xGerhardsax Registered

That depends.
    They can easily add a Camaro due to the fact the 2012 model doesn't comply to the year model of the car new GT3 pack( things like championship rule/regulations as well as BOP measures).
    I can almost see them adding a Camaro in there as easily as any of the other GT3 cars for 2016/17.

17. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I would be extremely disappointed if that would be the case. I think it's more likely that they just update the Camaro for free.

18. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

This worked for me! Thank you so much!

MarcG likes this.
  19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

they already said Camaro will be boped but not part of the pack.... stop the bs please....

kantenflimmern likes this.
  20. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Is the Camaro still around?
    Don't think so.
    They don't really have to add a new Camaro because it's not meant to be racing against these cars.
    Since though it remains a fantastic and popular car, by balancing it's performance out they will allow leagues to throw it in at their leasure.
    They aren't going to be taking your money and then offering you yesterday's warmed up food, that would be a debacle.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017