rFactor 2 and McLaren - World’s Fastest Gamer!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 23, 2017.

1. bwana

bwana Registered

Got some laps in before bed last night, server l was on had 2 aliens in 1:58's . I ran 20 full laps low 2:01's in default set .. feels very good , high speed power drifts are a blast .. took my min torque to 1.18 to get my csv2 to feel good and interestingly with my standard 0 smoothing couldn't feel flat spots that lm sure l got on early laps until getting my bias and brake pressure right .

kimbo and Alex72 like this.
  2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Only one of them can be classed as even on par with rf2 and that's ams,the rest are arcade games,do get the details right dear boy

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I completely disagree with that statement :)

Jack7793 likes this.
  4. demerzel

demerzel Registered

Don't bother with it. He is that type who will tell everyone how rf2 is an arcade due to the new "most shiny racing sim 3".

You know Assetto Corsa is good for Porsche and BMW to set up simulators. Gran Turismo was good enough for Nissan to hold the GT Academy.

And here we have @patchedupdemon who lecture everyone how arcade those games. :D

5. bwana

bwana Registered

"Gran Turismo was good enough for Nissan to hold the GT Academy. " really ??? serious marketing campaign and nothing more

Sucratzz, Davvid, kimbo and 3 others like this.
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Idk... the software they use for the real team is not based on GT... same for all others, showroom simulator is one thing, actually software for testing is another we all pretty much know the name

7. stonec

stonec Registered

Yep, people used to think that Ferrari ran Kunos simulators, only because Kunos made Ferrari Virtual Academy and had a sim stand for guests at Ferrari shops. The in-house sim is not the same as some consumer demo sim. Ferrari never used Kunos sims for development and moved to rFPro a few years ago.

8. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Thats also true and i think it comes down to the duller FFB on finer details. I never felt flat spots last night either even though i spun out hard several times. On other cars one hard spin and flat spots are felt immediately. So might be that finer detail doesnt come through on this car. I certainly cant feel some fine detail i feel on basically all other cars in the sim.

Great car all around. Love it. Just hope little more detail in the FFB can be achieved.

bwana likes this.
  9. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

I did. Running a T300 here.

bwana likes this.
  10. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Good to know. Tried to get more info collected yesterday from more people to assess this better. Maybe some other issues lies behind this.

Can you do me a solid and test the McLaren on NOLA? As soon as you drive out from the pits you take the first left out instead of the second because that give you more time rolling over the cobblestones there. On all other cars for me that cobblestone comes through really really clear while on the McLaren its barely felt at all. If you feel it clearly then maybe there is some issue for me where i have to reset/reinstall.

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I think the setup is safe mode wrt braking. I emptied a whole tank without ruining the tires which is definitely odd the first time I try a new car/track combo.

I guess tires are quite hard (s9) or (s11). Hopefully we will get more tires after WFG so that we can take this beast more to the limit.

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  12. Ef123

Ef123 Registered

they are not using rfactor pro. and very likely using this sim which is based on assetto corsa engine: http://www.evoteksimulator.com/

this is fernando alonso on twitter answering the question if they are using rfactor pro, in 2013 where he was driving a ferrari;

https://twitter.com/alo_oficial/status/294146695229501440

translation: No. We are using something infinitely more advanced.

lesson you should learn from this; leave this attitude of thinking rfactor is the real deal and others are cr*p. because its seems alonso thinks exactly otherwise.

Guimengo likes this.
  13. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

Here is an article from 2014 confirming they switched to rF Pro.

http://www.autocarpro.in/news-inter...witches-driving-simulator-software-rfpro-6554

bwana and Mulero like this.
  14. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

Granted, it was after a big spin, so maybe you have to reaaally punish the tires to feel it.

Sure, will do later tonight.

15. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

How does A
    Thanks man. :)

16. Ef123

Ef123 Registered

and I could swear I read that exact thing few years before 2014. and I'd like to take alonso's personal words rather than a website link. from alonso's words, I understand that they were using rfactor, then switched it, because he talks about how infinitely better the new one is.

17. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

I would actually take more seriously a Ferrari engineer than a driver when it comes to knowing the specifics of the simulator they use. Most likely Alonso confused rF pro with the old regular rFactor.

This is the original source of that articule: http://articles.sae.org/13603/ Its from October 2014.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  18. Ef123

Ef123 Registered

I dont really think so. rfactor PRO clearly stated in the question.

I'd take alonso's words. why? because from what he says its clear they made a switch. and a team does that not just with driver input but their data as well, he must have checked with the engineers about the switch and thats why he is saying so with confidence. plus he is the one who feels the car, and knows which sim feels better. considering alonso was in ferrari from winter 2009, its probable that they switched from rf pro to something else. if you google rf pro and ferrari, you can see in many stuff dating back to 2012 claiming ferrari using rf pro. so that link you are talking about must be old.

19. muz_j

muz_j Registered

Where exactly is it shown to subscribe to?
    In workshop items somewhere?
    I got it all installed fine and test drove it, but I saw comments about subscribing to the item, after purchasing it, went to look for it and couldn't locate it. It installed automatically for me after about 5 mins and I then restarted steam, started RF2 itself and watched it synchronise into the game.
    I'm just wondering if I should check that I have subscribed to the item as well... ?

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

no, if its working etc then its already in your packages etc, I just kept clicking everything and clicked subscribe
    -bet it does it by auto now after purchasing

-if you go to it on the rf2 steam page bet it says subscribed already

muz_j likes this.