Rfactor 2 - HDV - ultrachassis - solid axle?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by juanarg70, Aug 1, 2017.

1. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Hi, I'm trying to get a solid rear axle on rfactor2 but I read that rf2 has no support for this. But looking into this website:
    http://wiki.rfactor.net/index.php?title=Hdv

It says ¨The track bar - otherwise known as a panhard rod - is used to provide lateral location for a solid rear axle. These values are activated when a solid axle is define in the pm file. These ranges and settings permit the longitudinal location of the ends to be defined relative to the back axle, updating the locations defined in the pm¨

It is posible to define a solid rear axle in the ultrachassis.ini? Im quite confuse by the information given in differents sites.

If a solid axle is not posible maybe it could be some how emulated using the rear anti roll bars. Any suggestion on the values to use on the rear antisway bar to emulate the solid rear axle.

regards

2. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Rfactor 2 does support solid rear axles. The suspension spreadsheet however does not, at least not yet. I'm not too familiar with the dev version so unfortunately I won't be an yg help there. The only way I know to get it into rF2 with chassis flex would be to build a .pm version of it and then to use Chris' (redapg) website tools to convert it to chassis flex. I'm at work right now so don't have links handy but there's def a thread about his website here on the forums.
    TK

juanarg70 likes this.
  3. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Wow!! Thats great news. I saw some rf2 cars that have the old .pm files and the ultrachassis.ini file. Looking into both files you can see defined the same components. You think that the only way is to start from the .pm? I was hoping to do it directly from the ultrachassis.ini.. Since I dont even use the .pm

Thank you anyways
    Regards

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017