Sorry S397 but max is a goose

Discussion in 'Real Racing Discussion' started by bwana, Jul 30, 2017.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The penalty was a joke. He left a driver out of the race. A drive through or even a stop and go would have been much more appropriate. I am really tired of some drivers attitude.

Sainz as well pushed Alonso offroad at turn 1 and walked away with it. It is getting a normal practice lately. Only Magnussen was penalised for a similar action.

Vettel move was stupid and deliberate but HAM won that race. I do agree that FIA rules and their nonprofessional marshals suck.

F1Aussie likes this.
  2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yes it is crazy. I think that everybody remember race in Silverstone and how MadMax was racing Vettel in Hangar Staraight, Stowe and Club.

When Vettel made hes move in Stowe every reasonable F1 driver realises that game is over but MadMAx didn`t.
    Sporting regulations says that : "Drivers must make every reasonable effort to use the track at all times and may not deliberately leave the track without a justifiable reason." Was it reasonable and justifiable when MadMax did just floor it and was driving outside of the track limits defending hes position ?

What about the Club`s corner?
    Sporting regulations: "If a driver has moved off the racing line while defending their position, they may move back but must ensure there is at least one car’s width between their own car and the edge of the track."
    Did MadMax ensure there was at least one car’s width between he`s car and the edge of the track ?

In my mind MadMax was unfairly blocking another driver and should be penalized and if same action`s was done by any other driver in F1 I am sure they got penalized. It is mystery to me how MadMax is allowed to ruin others races by breaking all the rules and don`t get penalized.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    F1Aussie likes this.
  3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

He seems to be FIA and FOM's "white little horse". This is how we call in Spain when we allow for special rules for smaller children when they play with older kids.

bwana and Ari Antero like this.
  4. patrickkluiters

patrickkluiters Registered

I like Max! His driving is a bit agressive but there is something happening in F1.

5. bwana

bwana Registered

Commentators are the same, they kept saying "what could have been if max didn't get 10 seconds " how about 'what could have happened if he didn't take Dan out ' he is the poster child for F1 ATM and that's not helping his head space as the expectation is causing rash decisions on his behalf to try to maintain ' the next big thing ' tag

David O'Reilly and F1Aussie like this.
  6. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Lol you can't compare these two things.

7. bwana

bwana Registered

Ham showed Vet how to let your team mate past after he gifted you a spot for a world title race so yes does apply

sloedge likes this.
  8. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Webber didn't gift Vettel a spot.

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

In both cases it was a team order. Vettel decided to disobey and Hamilton decided to obey. Both were fighting for the championship.

By the way, guess who failed to obey a similar order last year while he was at Toro Rosso. Curiously the other driver in the team had given his position as he was asked in a previous race.

After disobeying the team order, Dr Marko said that Max had taken the right decision!! You can find part of the source of actual problem there.

bwana, F1Aussie and Ari Antero like this.
  10. bwana

bwana Registered

Bump .. that what max does

11. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Have Red Bull shot themselves in the foot (or at least the pinky toe) by saying that Max is where there future lies? He's starting to look like (a very talented) Maldanado. And what of Dan's future. Can't see him wanting to be the 2nd driver nor do I think Vettel would be overly happy to have him at Ferrari.

F1Aussie likes this.
  12. bwana

bwana Registered

May even stay at RBR depending on the next few rounds and any sort of confirmation of future power unit manufacturer . RBR must be re assessing their driver rating at present and Dan has to realise paternering with Seb or Lewis will mean he is #2 and rightfully so . Interesting few weeks ahead for Dan

13. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Hence my question as to whether they jumped the gun a bit at Red Bull. Clearly, right now Dan is the one to back so it will be interesting to see where they go from here. For sure he'd be seen as the no.2 driver at Ferrari but he's had a season with Vettel in similar cars and bettered him so that could be an interesting reaquaintance.

bwana likes this.
  14. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I would treat him a bit like Romain Grosjean in 2012. Give him a race ban and let that sink in. Heck, just give him the psychologist that GRO used to become better in these situations. I think it helped him alot to stay in F1.

Max is a superb driver. Would be a shame if he doesn't get the championship one day. He just needs a bit more time and he is still sooooo young.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  15. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Both max and Daniel need to learn a bit of patience,max more so,they both make dangerous moves,Daniel has just had the better luck,or should I say the people he was passing had better situational awareness,and didn’t themselves make a mistake in the corner.

Ahh sod it,I’m blaming Max’s on track attitude on his sim racing lol

16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

A nice strong penalty would have put Max in his place. However, a ten second penalty was a much lighter punishment than the harm suffered by Vettel.

It is clear that these new time penalties are stupid. In the old times it would have been a clear stop and go to fulfill before 3 laps. In many cases now, they have enough time to make up a big enough gap to make the penalty indifferent after ilegally passing another driver by forcing him offtrack.

Apparently he got a severe reprimand by Dr. Marko after the race which will probably show its effects.

F1Aussie, bwana and nonamenow like this.
  17. AMillward

AMillward Registered

That was great racing I thought. Seb ran Max off at Stowe so Max returned the favour at Club. Earlier that year Seb did the same thing to Lewis at Barcelona and Lewis kept his foot in it.

But notice that Seb does exactly the same thing to Valtteri later on in that video.

The F1 Facebook account recently posted video highlights of Brazil 2002 (I think) where Schumahcer forces Montoya off the road. Everybody was praising him for it, calling him a master driver and how it's "what real racing should be"

But then Max goes and does the same thing and people complain.

18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yes F1 is funny lot of people did also complain when Maldonado did moves like Mad Max:p.
    I like you to keep in your mind that Mad Max is no rocky anymore. He has more then 60 F1 starts and the thing is that all F1 drivers miss judge situations sometimes but the problem is that Mad Max does this 90% :confused: off the time while Ham, Seb, Kimi, Daniel, etc. does that only 10% off the time.
    Three starts in 2018, mistake in every race and if I turn back the time when Jos Verstappen was racing I can only say that apple doesn't fall far from the tree :D

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    bwana likes this.
  19. bwana

bwana Registered

‘Gravel trap Jos was his translated nickname ‘

Ari Antero likes this.
  20. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Verstoppen is what he was called here.