[REL] 1967 Endurance (Proto/Sports/GT) - modded Howston G4

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by woochoo, Jan 5, 2015.

1. woochoo

woochoo Registered

2. woochoo

woochoo Registered

first post updated with v1.401
    The G6 has been removed, but now there are 29 varieties of G4 physics adjusted to represent the grand multi-class event in 1967

3. woochoo

woochoo Registered

2017-07-24_12h39_00.jpg
    Be sure to get a taste of the cars #101, 102, 103, 104, of the fictional manufacturer "Forster"
    They're 7.0L V8, using a modified version of the 427 engine from the Cobra, naturally. They'll get to 340kph, and produce a bit of lift.
    They're not necessarily pleasant to drive, but they're quick over 13.5km.

2017-07-24_12h24_41.jpg
    Also pretty fast are the red cars #119, 120, 121, 124, from fictional manufacturer "Galoppare"
    They don't have the top speed of the fastest Forsters, but they can challenge in other ways, like cornering, fuel economy, and driveability.

4. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Thanks Woo!

woochoo likes this.
  5. Hazi

Hazi Registered

THX!!!!

woochoo likes this.
  6. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thanks a lot :).
    What a pack with all these varieties of car, very impressive !

woochoo likes this.
  7. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Well bugger me this is awesome .
    I just thought it would be the cars with your personal skins but its just amazing . All different power / weight / drivelines .
    I had a blast just lapping the 2ltr around Brands then trying to tame the 7ltr as well . Very similar lap times , just really manhandling the big guys and really pushing the little ones .
    Heaps of fun .
    Thank You :)

woochoo likes this.
  9. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

Downloading now...hehe. Actually, I just ran the 917K (with a realistic setup) around Spa '66 and then your Le Grand Circuit--I had to invent my own Ford Chicane near the pit entrance for the laptime to be comparable to real life (1970)--and had a good time with it, thank you sir! The laptime was about right too.

First time I've seen your '67 track, and it's quite nice (sand piles--yessiree, Bob). I do remember a comment by Vic Elford about there being a small "jump" right after the short bridge before White House, which, if it existed in 1969*, probably existed two years earlier too, but it couldn't have been very big....

[* I associate his comment with others regarding John Woolfe and that location, but have never seen an actual photo of it]

I wonder if they have a Howston over at the nearby motor museum...hmmm.... :D

Mauro likes this.
  10. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Thanks Christopher,
    I hope you enjoy the cars :)

I was under the impression that the jump was actually the bridge, being slightly arched

11. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

That could be. It hadn't occurred to me, as I'm nearly certain I remember him saying "after."

I also just snagged your Cobras... :D ...so this is turning out to be a lucrative evening for me.

As it happens, I'm sitting about ten miles from the "Shelby American Collection," which I will clearly have to make a point of seeing after driving all your cars: https://shelbyamericancollection.org/

Among them are not only the Cobras, but also "J-7," sister to the car which won the 1967 Le Mans 24 hour race. I can already see the handwriting on the wall--I'm going to take the cockpit, projector, PC, wheel/pedals/shifter up there and waylay Dan Gurney the next time he wanders by...and give him a crack at it. Or have you already done that as part of your own research? :p

Mauro likes this.
  12. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Haha, I wouldn't dare bother he or Foyt with the nonsense I've made of their success in '67 :p

Christopher Snow likes this.
  13. woochoo

woochoo Registered

And i can't help but think the car in the museum could be any more than half-sister to the #1 car :p
    [​IMG]

14. jimagn

jimagn Registered

I'm really enjoying all the choices of physics and livery. Great work! Much appreciated.

As I'm trying different models, I noticed on the "G4 1967 Endurance #158, Automobiles Ardouin, Pierre Vandance 1.401" car that I'm not getting any engine sound. All the other models I've tried have great engine sounds. And the tire and wind sounds are working. Did I do something wrong or miss something? That little motor should make more sound than a Prius. :D Thanks.

15. woochoo

woochoo Registered

That appears to have been an oversight on my part. Problem found and fixed.
    My apologies, an update will be coming soon.
    If anyone else has spotted any bugs, now is the time to say :D

16. woochoo

woochoo Registered

17. woochoo

woochoo Registered

18. Comante

Comante Registered

Dumb question, I've given a quick look at this mod yesterday, is there an easy way to sort among all those cars those of the same "category" ? I've not found an obvious way to do so.

19. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Not a dumb question. Dumb of me to not bother doing it when i thought of it :)
    Best/quickest way for now is just taking note of the range of car numbers (eg 129 -143 for 2.0L cars). Generally they're sorted by engine size which should correlate reasonably well to overall lap times. The car icons have them listed.

Comante likes this.
  20. Comante

Comante Registered

Thank you, I really like the physics of those cars, and the low powered ones are really really fun without being those deadly soapboxes like original ISI version. Thank you for let a cheap driver like me enjoy those cars. :D

jimagn and woochoo like this.