[REL] Nordschleife3 v3.00

Discussion in 'Locations' started by DJCruicky, Jul 22, 2014.

1. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

The Cobra:eek: was a good warmup for this

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    Ned52, Alex72, marmagas and 3 others like this.
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

This is such a great version , are there plans to update it to DX 11 ?
    At the moment it still looks pretty nice but is a little fps hungry and some of the signage is blindingly bright .

3. kimbo

kimbo Registered

An official nordschleife versión by S397 , and i Will be a very , very happy man

4. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I can't agree more!:)

The Nordschleife is what got me hooked in sims from the first time I drove it in Gran Turismo. I can't drive this track enough!:):)

I would be willing to pay a lot for a laser scan rF2 version of this track.:):)

5. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I do.
    I've fixed a lot of the over bright objects already. I was part of the early access to the early DX11 builds.
    I've reworked some night lighting on the the GP circuit.
    As for better FPS, sorry to say there is little I can do there, should be same as the current 2.01 version. I too have a big drop in FPS on my machine with DX11.
    I'm away at the moment but will continue when I get back.

Max Dralle, paullv, DaveS78 and 28 others like this.
  6. McFlex

McFlex Registered

If you release a new version i could handle you a few new .gmts. i removed the remaining kerbstones at karussel and kleines karussel. maybe i will remove those left at fuchsröhre too but this will depend on time i have :D

Max Dralle, Ernie and T.Hartmann like this.
  7. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Wow. That's so great to hear. Couldn't be happier.
    Thanks alot.

8. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Really cool man!
    One little wish though for the update: please fix the grip difference between GP-circuit and Nordschleife itself.
    It is several times reported now (not only in my league) that GP-circuit is a little bit slippery compared to the rest.
    Thanks in advance!

9. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

Me too but only because of rF2. ;)

Alex72 and vegaguy5555 like this.
  10. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Hi, yes please, feel welcome. That would be great.
    There is no rush so take your time. Hope you can do it so there are no gaps between the road and grass when Kerb removed.

Thank you :)

I will look into it.

Max Dralle, Alex72, mixer61 and 2 others like this.
  11. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

So glad this is being updated :)

12. suryaprihadi

suryaprihadi Registered

My sim chassis is still in emergency "mode" due to the pedals mod, where I install them upside down, but I managed to play this INSANE-LY AWESOME TRACK !!!!!!

Been like 4 days now I actually can enjoy and understand what Rfactor 2 is about.

I get into SIM is not for online racing per se, but I want to be at home and drive "fast cars" on nice winding digital roads simulating real roads. No track given me the pleasure as much as this German beauty, due to its more like a fast driving experience than racing when you do it solo. 20KM of goodness...dang I dont mind if there is a track like this for 40KM.

I guess with much of the inclination change, I can actually see the roads better at Nords than on tracks with near zero altitude change like say Silverstone. At current image fidelity, corners at Silverstone from a distance is hard to see unless you know the track.

I use the GTR 2013 GT500, standard no mod. ABS off, traction control OFF as it should be and indeed it is so awesome this car 4.5 liter engine torque between 6K to 9K RPM able to spin the car up to 2nd gear if I do not modulate throttle properly. I love rear wheel drive cars.

I done crazy test like doing locked braking a lot and the tire physic is so awesome in RF2, it can actually deliver out of round tyre damage to my FFB wheel. Feels exactly the same wobble as I once did damaged a real front tires roundness by merely doing stupid locked braking for fun sake when I was a kid, no ABS back then and it was a Pirelli P7. From 170 KM/H to zero, was enough to ruin the tires out-of-roundness.

On one of the hill at Nords, I forgot which one, at very high speed, I can tell the rear wheel lifted up a bit and I loose traction at the peak of the hill when the car still carry upward momentum. It is so close to reality !!
    I done real driving like this, but surely not at 250-270 KM/h like this GTR but close to 175 KM/H on hilly roads and over any hill peak this fast I will reduce throttle by much.

I think the track elevation is being calculated well into the game physic engine.

I even tried braking and accelerating fast on part grass, part tarmac to learn RF2 physic, its good.

Thanks much much for this track to DJCruicky and team. TWO THUMBS UP !!!

In fact if anyone will make world famous must-drive-in-your-life roads, I would gladly pay for a copy.
    These are example of challenging real roads we can not speed to death without going to jail ... :)
    Stelvio Pass, Eastern Alps, Italy
    Furka Pass, Switzerland
    Tianmen Mountain Road, Hunan, China
    The Atlantic Road, Norway
    Col de Turini, France
    Trollstigen, Rauma, Norway
    Transfăgărășan, Romania

Sorry I guess I get carried away by this damn awesome German road, its driving sensation etc etc.

13. Gupster

Gupster Registered

suryaprihadi likes this.
  14. suryaprihadi

suryaprihadi Registered

Thank you Guspter, I will download that road...yipeee !!!!

15. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

you should try Nsuka0.90 available on Steam.
    a crazy large track thru small Japanese towns, highways & mountain roads
    hard to say anything but . . . "awesome"

16. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Does it support VR?

17. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

i downloaded that track version 2.01 from page one of this tread, but i get "failed verification" when trying to install it...any help? and i cant find it on Steam Workshop

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Something about those really big track packages.. I ran into the same issue when I tried to reinstall Matsusaka yesterday. Others have had problems installing NOLA, I remember.

Try using the old mod manager, the one in the bin32 folder, that did it for me.

Edit: Ah sorry, I was thinking about the stuck at 1% problem, not failed verification. Need some more coffee I think. :p anyway, maybe the old manual mod manager can do some good for you.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  19. Syhlif32

Syhlif32 Registered

Just want to say thanks for this track. The best Nos version I have tried in any race sim

vegaguy5555 and David O'Reilly like this.
  20. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

i downloaded track again and it installed correctly