Real Road through the sessions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JParra, Jul 13, 2017.

1. JParra

JParra Registered

Hello to all.

I would like to knowmore about how the Real Road behaves through the online sessions.
    In which session changes are maintained and in which changes are not.
    When Real Road is restarted, for example the sessions are configured on different days, if it is restarted when restarting a session, for example "/ restart warmup" or if it is maintained during the entire session of the server.

Thank you in advance.

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Let's say you have:
    'Green' set for the practice session
    'Naturally Progressing' for Qual and Race
    In this case "Restart Warmup" will keep the rubber build up from the prac and qual.
    And "Restart Weekend" will go back to a green track.

If on the other hand you have
    'Naturally Progressing' set for practice, qual and race,
    The rubber profile stay and you'll keep adding to what was put down in the previous sessions (prac, qual, race).
    In short, it will never renew and go back to a green track, even if you restart the weekend.

3. JParra

JParra Registered

OK I understand.

So, I think that it is more appropriate to set practice as green and the rest in natural progress, to make sure that at some point, everything can be reset to green with a restart weekend.

It is right?

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Christopher Elliott likes this.
  4. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

I recommend to start practice/weekend with a light rubber Real Road Preset. :) It's not fun to lay down first rubber on a green track. ;)
    When the weekend restart, the server will start with a mimum of rubber.

If your server is hooked up with the live weather plugin. The evolving real road with "Naturally Progressing" at all sessions is what most leagues do (I think). Rubber will be washed away when it rains, like in real live.

But to answer your question in the OP.
    You can start any session with: Green, Naturally progressing, User-Auto-Saved or a Real road preset.

- Green is no Rubber at all.
    - Natural progressing and user-auto-saved do the same thing: and that's using the rubber from the previous session.
    - Roal road preset: a fixed rubber state to start the session/weekend

Warm-up will use the setting set for Race.

Christopher Elliott likes this.
  5. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Good point and also, many tracks the default real road profile is already set to 'light' or 'medium', depending on whether the track has profiles included. Most base content should have 4 profiles included - Test Team Light, Medium, Heavy, and Saturated.

Gijs van Elderen likes this.
  6. JParra

JParra Registered

Thank you for your answers.

It sounds very interesting to combine the real whether with the evolution of the rubber and that it is automatically "washed" when it rains and so the track has a kind of "life of its own", always starting from a load of soft rubber.

I also note the profiles of Real Road in the tracks, to review it and that every time I load a new circuit on the server, know how and from where, it will evolve the track.

Thank you very much, the subject is very well explained.

7. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I am new to server setup and am wondering where I would find the real road options when setting up a dedicated server for a social race evening. I can't see it in this window (see attached)
    Screen.jpg

If it's not here then where will I find it?

Thanks in advance.
    JT

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Back.

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

In the weather section. As Lazza says it is in the previous screen to the posted one. It is a bit hidden...

10. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

- In that window click back.
    - Select a track
    - Then click on Weather and setup the weather and real road per session: Naturally progressiing is evolving real road into the next sessions.
    Tip_1: Start practice with a real road preset and Naturally progressing for all other sessions.
    Tip_2: Time scale depends on the amount of drivers and track size. An example: 5X with 6 drivers simulates a 30 driver grid. The Nordshleife can use a bigger time scale then a karting track.

Select the next track and do the same...

Server real road and weather.jpg

JimmyT likes this.
  11. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I have overlooked that sooo many times :oops: (facepalm). Thank you for the information it is appreciated.:cool: