Latest Roadmap Update - July 2017!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

No,but times are changed, no more the same number of modders, software evolved and changed, some moved to other sims because modding is more easy and appealing, etc etc
    But with the new road ahead rF2 will shine again (thanks to dlc content too) and new and old modders will come with their content as present for us...

2. Louis

Louis Registered

I think if s397 want to sell another game since they bought rf2 is perfectly reasonable but i don´t want to slowly enter in this new business model.
    It seems they are completely changing what Isi sell to me and how stuff works and instead of release a new product, wants to slowly move the userbase to then.
    Bought rf2 once, bought that lifetime upgrade ofr almost the full price if i remember correctly. Doesn´t seem right to me. Great game yet
    I´m gonna still updating until they start to charge.
    Cya

3. Findla22

Findla22 Registered

15 April (more or less), Mclaren and Studio 397 says: rFactor 2 will be used for WFG with a McLaren GT. All people can join it for free.
    1 week before the event: "Hey matherfuquers, you need to have a legal copy of rFactor 2 but also to buy the Mclaren GT which I didn't want to say 2 months ago that was a paid car"

Come on.... are you kidding me? Welll, they aren't as I can see its real so... Won't say anything more. If I can buy it at time (I am 99% sure I won't) I will be in WFG, if not I will fuck WFG and I will do more interesting things.

2 months later (September), Studio 397 will also say: "Hey matherfuquers, We said you were going to have an online with licence system but we didn't want to say it has to be paid, so come on matherfuquers, you have to buy the new online system with 30€ per year or you won't be able to play" In that momment, I will say: "ok, ISI was defo a better group"

4. muz_j

muz_j Registered

Yawn. Cry me a river.
    Rather than continuously play the victim and whinge about things - why don't you take a step back and consider the situation from alternative perspectives.

...for example - have you given any thought to why the McLaren is being charged for?

Stop being a self centred whiner and grow up. And take a break from the keyboard and go and do something that makes you feel better. Have a few beers, visit a friend. Focusing on negatives all the time is a waste of energy.

Ronnie, Ernie, F1Aussie and 6 others like this.
  5. hihi04

hihi04 Registered

"You are out for good from WFG" Just stop crying jesus, get a job, get a life.
    i totally agree with this new model they give us a lot of thing from free cars, track, they deservet it.

6. Jego

Jego Registered

Guys don't feed the troll... even if he is not a troll, just ignore him. He does not (want to) understand.

7. Paul Stante

Paul Stante Registered

OMFG this has gone on a bit too long now......

8. Comante

Comante Registered

I can't wait to see the new interface and the upcoming "thingy stuff" , I hope plugin developers will be able to update all the good stuff we already had, and maybe invent something else.
    In the meantime I'm having some fun hotlapping with junior karts, they say this is a good school to be a pilot.. and I'm starting to understand why... and how you can be faster simply looking at the track from a different perspective (when you start to see a straight everytime your wheel is straight, and thus a chance to floor the throttle, and not only where the track is actually straight, but even in the middle of a turn, or in a chicane... wonderful).
    Anyway I agree that the future (of many many games) is DLC. The DCS world experience let me undestand this very good: the "core" module is free, it contains the map, some "simplified" aircraft, and you can enjoy play with all people, even if they have modules you don't have (map aside obviously). So in theory you can have fun and play FOR YEARS for free. But if you want to fly a deeply simulated aircraft (that is many cases take years to develop) then you simply pay it. In my ignorance cars are much less complicated than aircrafts, so I expect development times shorter, and thus smaller price (comparing oranges to apples). I don't know where the ballpark will be, but I hope it will be a reasonable tag.
    I still hope that "school vehicles" will be released for free from time to time (we already have quite a bunch of them, so we should be already ok with that) so newbies could buy the "base game" and can potentially have years of fun without forced need for DLC (like we had the chance to do since 2012). Then when you want,can,need, you buy the racing car you want and end of the story.

Filip likes this.
  9. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Wtf are you even on about,where did they say you have to pay 30 euros to use their new online system.

My god all this self entitlement and blind rage changing reality because they are crying like little girls really does make me hate this world

10. Stan

Stan Registered

Probably, but for what I remember, when rf2 beta started, most of modders decided to move to others sims because they didn't want ISI to make money selling/using their content.

11. Stan

Stan Registered

To resume, now they are selling a demo, and if you like it, you buy the content... with a good marketing, people will swallow anything!

UsedMomo likes this.
  12. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Bullshit!
    They moved to other sims because rF2 looked crap and modding is easyer somewhere else.

Guimengo, patchedupdemon and GrimDad like this.
  13. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Ho3n3r likes this.
  14. Stan

Stan Registered

@peterchen "Bullshit!" You'll probably be warn by @Christopher Elliott...
    By the way, you are surely too young to remember the debat! But for memory, you can read the comments done by the community and few modders at the time the rf2 beta arise:
    http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-pricing-open-beta-info-announced
    http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-open-beta-now-available

Edit: Thank you @Tuttle!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  15. Comante

Comante Registered

One thing is the whining, one thing is reality. Whining never changes, Reality is that several modders of which some were just content rippers, found that learning how to do proper modding for RF2 was not friendly enough, and probably gave up before giving it a try. but apparently, after some years, people have decided that modding for RF2 was a thing.. I see a lot of content avaiable... for free. Quality wise.. you get what you pay for.

patchedupdemon and MarcG like this.
  16. Stan

Stan Registered

@peterchen "... modding is easyer somewhere else", partially truth, the complex and boring packaging system was elaborate by ISI to be in the loop, trying to get incomes from modders/leagues.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

hey roadmaps are good

Stop spoiling it, use rfactor2's big stack of free content & be happy

patchedupdemon likes this.
  18. Stan

Stan Registered

@John "... partially truth", mean truth, but incomplete!
    So I completed, .rfcmp still stands for "rfactorcentralmoneypocket".

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    UsedMomo likes this.
  19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

WFG is a multi game project. rF2 is just one of several other sims and consoles you would have to purchase to compete in the entire event. So not only would you have to buy(for example) a ps4 console, you would then have to buy the paid DLC for their part of the competition. WSG is a project pushed by Mclaren to increase interest in racing via exposure through sim racing. Part of the reason software companies have agreed to participate is the opportunity to generate cash flow. I am sorry you don't have the finances to participate, but I don't have the skills, should I ask for a handicap system so that I may participate in the World's Not Nearly Fast Enough Gamer?

20. bwana

bwana Registered

Exactly , a hand full of euros will seem like small change

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.