Latest Roadmap Update - July 2017!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Some people spent 700€ for a gpu, 500€ for a normal quality wheel, 300€ for pedals, 1500€ for three screens and complain about 50 bucks for a software title or 10-20 bucks for an addon - because in theory you could copy it.

Everybody were complaining about the lack of content. Companys exists for money. Thats mostly their only reason to exist. Thats how the world works. You do a job and get money for it, you spent your money in the things you like which would not exist if no one would spent money for it. They need money to make rFactor 2 successfully over years. You cannot take care for a product which was sold once a long time ago. Have you guys read that they also plan to release more than just a single car? They also said that the track will be available as free download. So you get both, something to buy and something for free. That track is a gift.

Have you ever got a dlc as a gift from one of the major software companys? Has EA ever make you any gifts?
    I assume they hire more and more people to increase the speed of porgress, those need to live from money and those have to be good coders, the software industries is not a place for low-cost employees.

I would immediately spent 100-200€ for a hq f1 trackpack to use in our league.
    Content is almost more important then the engine, way too few tracks use the full potential of the engine (graphics, rules, ai, weather,a ccuracy, cut detection).

Dookie, Ernie, bwana and 17 others like this.
  2. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Licencing makes a track accurate ? that's new.

peterchen, Adrianstealth and Guimengo like this.
  3. demerzel

demerzel Registered

I spend money on my house, my car, my food, clothes and everything you can think of.

Your logic is flawed.

Guimengo likes this.
  4. Comante

Comante Registered

Flawed? How?

pkelly likes this.
  5. kimbo

kimbo Registered

Considering the excellent quality of nola, usf2000, gt500, radical, I have no doubt, that the price will be less than it really worth.
    Thanks S397 for reviving this magnificent sim.

6. elbo

elbo Registered

It is probably too complex to implement but I would be willing to pay for features. Example, I have gotten into VR, currently the VR support is very rudimentary in RF2, and so I would be willing to pay for VR implementation but I fully appreciate that the guy running it on a single screen should not be paying for this. I used to run the game off of a curved rear projection screen and had to buy additional software to accommodate for distortion (I would much rather have given the money to ISI to implement this instead at the time). Guys running triple screens could be pinged for development as well. The motec thing coming down the pike, I'd pay for that....and the list goes on.
    I played AC a little bit when they started supporting VR, i.e: I bought the game for VR, would much rather have given the money to RF2.

7. Moriz Mehl

Moriz Mehl Registered

I'd just like to say that I perceive the introduction of paid content to be a great opportunity for the sim since it will aid the development of new exciting content and other aspects of the game.
    Thank you S397 for your geat work!

bwana, muz_j, sg333 and 2 others like this.
  8. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Blind man walks into a bar and says ouch because he banged his head,errr because he is blind

9. stonec

stonec Registered

Well, tell me how are you going to access point cloud data or do an on-site track survey if you don't license the track? If you want year 2017 standard tracks, they have to be licensed. It's enough to take a look at rF2 tracks that pre-dated Silverstone to see the massive difference, Sepang as best example of how a track looks when you build it just based on Google Maps and other third party tools.

Ho3n3r likes this.
  10. iev35

iev35 Registered

Ok,all that is great but please S397,someone can answer to this simple question please ?:)

Ho3n3r likes this.
  11. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

Just to chip in that as a new rFactor2 player (started with Assetto Corsa 7 months ago) I'm happy to pay for quality official content at the same sort of price level as AC. I think they have hit the quantity/quality/price point pretty much perfectly. Looking forward to the future of RF2.

MarcG likes this.
  12. stonec

stonec Registered

DLC's purchased within Steam store are refundable within 14 days or 2 hours of gameplay since moment of buying it. So assuming that S397 sells it as a Steam DLC pack, it will be refundable.

Moriz Mehl likes this.
  13. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

This. Well said.

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

everyone Shhhhh

....they'll pass it straight back to ISI
    If they read these posts

All step away very very quietly now

15. peterchen

peterchen Registered

LOL! Fail! :eek::oops::rolleyes:

16. iev35

iev35 Registered

@stonec,thanks for your answer.

17. Findla22

Findla22 Registered

I have read that the mclaren that will be used in WFG will be a paid item...

No please, no, if you that I am out of WFG.

Please, make it paid after the WFG finished.

You made me to have a little cry after reading it will be paid. I feel cheated and sad to loose this opportunity. I am out :(

18. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Because?

19. Findla22

Findla22 Registered

I can't buy cars at the momment. It was very difficult to buy rFactor 2. I am from a family who doesn't understeand a lot about technologies and who doesn't want to buy anything online. I am 19 years old but I am just starting the university so I don't have money.

I am out of WFG if the car is paid. :(

20. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

You don't know the price yet and still go off like that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.