Latest Roadmap Update - July 2017!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwana

bwana Registered

Took the words right out of my mouth (or fingers) . Hate the stupid slow down feature ,you get hit by some jerk and you have to slow down ?? dumb. driver warning. 3 strikes and its a drive through. I know that will mean more work for modded tracks but so be it.

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

As long as it resets after you get a penalty would be nice. And do like AMS: give us a choice about the amount of warnings before a penalty, but if possible select areas of track where the guy obviously cutting will get a penalty in the first cut already (I think may exist but I don't see this happening much)

DaVeX and bwana like this.
  3. bwana

bwana Registered

There you go Adam, you finally have a supporter. (all be it only one )

4. bwana

bwana Registered

Which racing sims have done this (iracing bugs 7 years old , AC continuing bugs etc etc) cant think of a single sim in 15 years that has come out complete and bug free.

ADSTA and patchedupdemon like this.
  5. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

Have we forgotten we are talking about a video game here? This is not water or some basic human right someone is charging you for. This is the result of hours of work of actual people to add content to a VIDEO GAME. Content that wasn't included in your initial purchase nor was it promised it would be included.

If you want it but cant afford it, then it is simple, you don't buy it. Don't like the businesses model? Vote with your wallet then.

6. Emery

Emery Registered

It made sense in that the content was all British, which makes about the same sense as AC releasing a Ferrari pack. The tracks aren't all the tracks required to replicate a real life series and none of the cars compete against each other. The only thing they really have in common is that they're British, just like the Ferrari pack contains nothing but Ferraris.

More consumer friendly content would have been "these are the tracks & cars for the BTCC series that are missing from the base content". Or "these are the tracks & one/two cars for this club-racing spec series".

lukilord1 likes this.
  7. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Wow the attitude of a couple of people on here actually makes me want to punch my phone screen when reading it.
    I actually hope s397 price their new paid content just dear enough to make you quit,honestly this place is better off without people like you,the first paid content and you act like this when you probably paid no more than £18 for it one time,and have used it for hundreds of hours.

Pls by all means go play a title where everything is free,maybe n2003 or rf1,rf2 needs to move forward but it also needs to leave some people behind too,maybe come back when you have stopped scrounging of mommy and got a job,and realise money is needed for everything.

I bet you don't moan that you have bought 5 Fifa titles all basically the same game,etc.

Sorry to sour this thread with a quite confrontational post,but damn,the devs need to get paid so they can keep the bloody doors open and advance this sim you chose to buy and play.

John, 2ndLastJedi, lukilord1 and 6 others like this.
  8. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Happy to pay for quality DLC. I think many community modders will still provide free content & market forces will ultimately determine if the mod is worth the price being asked. For me, I'd pay for a s397 V8supercar mod (all 3 cars), a decent historic series (eg Lotus Cortina's,Minis, Alfas etc), and for legendary circuits such as laser scanned Nordschleife, Spa, Bathurst, Brands, and Laguna Seca.

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

these type of discussions come round every so often then go round in circles

All content as it is right now is available to use for ever, along with support & potentially updates,
    some rfactor2 user entitlement is understandable for bug fixes & minor updates to the core
    no user should feel a sense of entitlement above this

Bran new content will be released in future and some will be pay-DLC as an option, couldn't be simpler

Filip, patchedupdemon and bwana like this.
  10. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

I don't want anything new for free. I just want what I already paid for to be finished. They should complete the base game before they start working on paid dlc. The priorities are backwards.

Stan, Mulero and Guimengo like this.
  11. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Who says priorities are backwards??? A guy that can create tracks and/or cars can very well be (hardly) unable to do coding, and some-one who writes on the code (to try and fix bugs) can very well be only capable to create cars and/or track that look as if they are as old as PC's (if they can do it at all). So I don't think this has anything to do with priorities.

For me, well, it's not that I like paying, I want as much free as possible, and if they are happy to release something for free I will definatly not complain that they should take my money (as some seem to do). However, if they feel they need more money, produce good content, that has a reasonable price I'll probably buy it. I don't think they owe it to me, or anyone to release everything for free. So if they produce good content for a fair price I'm not against it (allthough not jumping through the roof that I desperatly need to lose some money to them :p )

patchedupdemon likes this.
  12. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

What do you feel is incomplete out of the base game? given that DX9 is the base game and has been working as is for the last 5 years. what is incomplete? i dont recall anyone paying for early access unless contributing to the early beta back in 2012.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hmm. Like everyone else I paid for what the game was when it came out, and though I hoped it would do certain things at some point I can't see how I could complain if it didn't. There were no explicit promises made, no clauses in a contract that I could see were broken. And I continued to pay yearly (not sure about the 'only lifetimers kept playing' argument... I know plenty of yearly subscribers who kept going...). A lot of what I thought it would be able to do did come about, and some didn't. Doesn't make me entitled to anything, I still got what I paid for.

Some people need to learn what buying something means.

John, Filip, Zoaal and 5 others like this.
  14. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

That's one of the biggest problems right there. There was never even a proper optimization for DX9. The game looks terrible and runs badly. AMS both looks and runs much better.

And there are a host of other things. Indy 2014 still having the obnoxious curbs, incomplete car information, raining inside of roofed cars, primordial UI, dichotomy between garage and settings screen in regards to driver aids. This is just off the top of my head.

Mulero and Guimengo like this.
  15. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

Is not like S397 decided the schedule of the event. Imagine if with such an opportunity their answer to McLaren would be "oh no we are in the middle of a beta and we still have some bugs, sorry but we will have to pass on that because, you know, priorities!"

16. bwana

bwana Registered

Am looks better . you must be kidding unless you prefer the toon look that is.

17. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

I suppose it doesn't really matter what argument I put forward. Stockholm Syndrome is a powerful thing.

Stan and Guimengo like this.
  18. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

AMS doesn't look better, maybe different, I like it to be honest (fanboy here) I put it on par with rF2 on my preference list even if a different product...
    Btw, someone here complains about DLC, wants all free because the game is unfinished, etc etc
    The funny part? I hope they will remove all the actual official content from the game and put it for free in the new store announced on roadmap (I really hope something like AMS or Raceroom packs)...by this way, when you download the game you will have a light rF2 installation and you can choose what you want on you hd no matter if free or paid...strange world uh?
    Everyone wants different things, lol

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You're taking the piss, right?

patchedupdemon likes this.
  20. stonec

stonec Registered

AMS uses the rF1 graphics engine from 2005 with somewhat updated textures for tracks and cars (compared to rF1, that is). If you can't see a difference between a mostly static DX9 engine and a DX11 engine with HDR, post effects, ambient occlusion, dynamic shadows, real-time reflections, etc., you should perhaps check your vision. Regarding performance, same story, the engine of AMS was made to run on a single core CPU and 256 MB GPU's, that's why it has more FPS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.