Latest Roadmap Update - July 2017!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

To sleepy (-;

3. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

bwana likes this.
  4. Rastas

Rastas Registered

eXcited hehe :)
    Cant wait for Zanvoort and the Mclaren 650 :D

5. bwana

bwana Registered

thought I was going nuts... solved ;)

6. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Really cool update, thx !

7. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

News UI, Mclaren 650s!! Zandvoort!! Online compet!! so excited yes!!!

but...

RELEASE!!!!!
    [​IMG]

or i buy Ford gte on ir...
    [​IMG]

Ernie, andrea_274 and bwana like this.
  8. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

How will the online competition structure fit with mods? For example GT3 cars to complement your pack? Will they be accepeted in the system?

10. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

When are you actually going to attempt to fix bugs that have been reported some time ago? I get hopeful of this each update but I am always left very underwhelmed. I get it's cool to talk about stuff they is being released whoever, but what about the current issues? Why do they continuously get ignored? I can't take s397 serious otherwise. Did you not promise hot fixes?

Louis, UsedMomo, Lewbuttoni and 3 others like this.
  11. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

"competition structure that we are currently building, allowing tournament style events that extend all the way to a license progression system"
    :D
    "This McLaren will be used in the World’s Fastest Gamer competition and will be available for you all as a paid item in our upcoming item store at the start of August. We’re really excited to launch with this car, which was developed in close cooperation with McLaren. But that’s not all! This car will also be part of a soon-to-be-released wider pack, reaffirming our ambition to align our content!"
    :D:D
    "We have a number of tyre updates underway, making one of the best tyre models in consumer racing simulation even better."
    :D:D:D

I think we can be more than happy now!

patchedupdemon and bwana like this.
  12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

What fixes do you mean ?

patchedupdemon and bwana like this.
  13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Any chance to develop Vulkan so people aren't locked out for having older Windows OS installations? There will be quite a few dissatisfied old-timers.

Will the GT3 pack you seem to be planning include a multitude of tracks from the calendar?

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  14. bwana

bwana Registered

hoping your spot on with that last paragraph :)

F1Aussie likes this.
  15. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Vulkan would be great even with Win10 and VR (apparently SVR supports it). I understand it is niche, but something tells me 90FPS in VR will be difficult even with the newest processors (single core performance improvements are slow), unless CPU intensive visual settings are lowered, which is not fun... :)

Thanks for great progress on the game S397.

16. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

If I read correctly (cellphone small screen plus my English illiteracy) the new McLaren 650S will be paid content which is (paradoxically) a good new for me. Money boost is a important to keep the best racing sim continuously improving so I hope there's more these sort of content at future, if you 397 guys could have funds enough to license and create an official content as a WEC full series (just an example) I think people would massively buy.

Badboy, lukilord1, Rastas and 12 others like this.
  17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Yes just noticed that
    I'm happy with the few cars I already use and have no need for another sim-car and I only really use open wheelers

But this will be quality work and will pick it up to show support to Studio397

18. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I've made threads about it, and countless posts. It's getting tiring repeating myself all the time. It is a wet weather bug. The AI will stop to pit every 2 or so laps for fresh wet tyres. The bug has started about a year ago now and I have no "..." clue on why this is. It would be nice at least if someone from s397 could write a sentence, if that, that explains where they are at with fixing the issue. I have no clue why this issue is there of where it has come from,. I just want an answer, and not one from the same old posters who say the same old dribble.

And if s397 can't find a solution then just say so! Maybe it is an issue on me end? I don't know because I think a few others have reported the same issue. I just want to know where I'm at and it's become beyond frustrating.

19. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@RoboCAT10 You have reported many AI related bugs because of the way you use the sim, and I think that's valuable input overall. But in the scheme of where development is right now, I'm sure it's not at the top of their todo list. rF2 gaining popularity wouldn't be based primarily on AI behaviour (in a fairly specific context; even in multiplayer rain has significant shortcomings), so I think you'll have to stay patient. I know it's been a year, but other stuff that affects everyone (against AI or otherwise) has been around just as long or longer. S397 are evidently pretty busy in several areas right now, hopefully once the new systems and structures are in place they can go bug fixing for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.