Time Accelerate wont Bind to Buttons

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by MarcG, Jul 7, 2017.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Hi,
    As you can see in the Screenshot Time Accelerate has CTRL before it, I have tried to bind this to buttons on my Wheel & Button Box (SNES Controller) but it simply won't work.

I therefore need to have CTRL pressed first but with VR this is of course a pain, so is there a way around the CTRL or is it up to the Devs to remove the CTRL Binding?
    Thanks

20170707203640_1.jpg

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Isn't there a way to assign that combo to your wheel? Logitech Profiler let's you do so if I'm not wrong.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yes I use Antimicro, just seeing if there's a way around it to have the game control the bind instead.

4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Agree, very frustrating, don't see why devs can't just make it a one button bind.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@MarcG It looks like the Ctrl is hardcoded, as there's nothing unusual in the controller file. Binding time acceleration or a 'normal' control to a particular button, results in the same button/key code in the controller file. So no in-game workaround by the looks.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks @Lazza Please change Studio397 if possible but no big issue :)

7. JohnB

JohnB Registered

I agree it would be good to be able to bind a button for Time Acceleration - I had the same problem setting up for use with VR. (In the end I'm using JoyToKey to map a couple of buttons to keystrokes, but would be nice if it could be mapped in game.)

The other key I've found I need extra mapping for is the Escape key. There is an Alternative Esc key in the settings, which works to go back to the garage from driving mode, but does not work the same as the normal Esc when in the garage. The normal Esc key will switch from 'Tape delay 20sec' or whatever to 'Live', but the Alternative Esc key doesn't. It would be good if the Alternative Esc button worked the same as the real key.

SPASKIS and MarcG like this.
  8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

The "R" key does the delay to live replay.