Pedal recommendations

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by MarcG, Jul 1, 2017.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm already using the Pedal Calibration tool from Leobodnar to calibrate my pedals (Seems to work ok, is diview more advanced or just the same thing?

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hey Marc

Just realised I have parts including pedal box ( similar to one in pic)
    If your interested I'll dig it all out
    If I have all parts in my stock do you want me to put together for you?

Cam do brake pedal to suit

If your not in a rush
    unless you want to build yourself?

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Nah I'm good but thanks for the offer, think I've settled on the V3s but not 100% decided yet...as for starters they won't fit in my rig :mad::p

Adrianstealth likes this.
  4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Could you (or anyone with V3s) do me a huge favour please and measure the Width of the base? I've found "Packaging Details" on their website but unsure if they mean the Box is comes in. The CSl Elite LC is 14.5" (thanks for the link) which is too wide for my rig but I could make it work, if the V3s are smaller width ways then hat would help a lot, thanks :)

5. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Exactly 34 cm. (13.5 inches ?)

Edit : The drilling templates give 341 mm for the CSP.V3 and 388 mm for the CSL-EP ;)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  6. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

The v3s are too small in the width imho,when you have big testies like me,it becomes uncomfortable after a while,but you get used to it.

F1Aussie and MarcG like this.
  7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks very much, that is going to be extremely tight and I may have to slightly alter the Rig with some spacers just to make it a few mm bigger, but it would work I think :) CSL is way too wide and would require an entire rig re-construction and I can't be arsed with that :p

Just need to make a final decision, the price is still higher than I was hoping (my T300 cost less!) so will continue to ponder the options but in the meantime thanks to everyone for their help :)

8. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

Just replaced my T500 pedals for HE-Pro's was never intending on spending any where near that much but so glad i did would recommend them highly :)

Radar, patchedupdemon and MarcG like this.
  9. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Wish I could afford them,I wouldn't have to buy another pedal set again,I'm saving up tho

10. Radar

Radar Registered

Amen to that..

11. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Do you mean the one in post #12.
    I have the Fanatec Elite load cell pedals which I bought second hand for £150 when my basic fanatic CSR pedals bonked. They are pretty good IMO, but I am just not hard enough on this load cell caper. One issue was that my OMP race seat tilted backwards despite my santa sled efforts to stabilise it longitudinally.
    Lengthening the stabilisers got me about 10% more braking force but I'm still at 90% at best.
    20170708_172932.jpg

But I digress, if you are in the mood to make a set like that pic I am keen to discuss it with you.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Yes similar to those ,
    I decided to dig out all the parts and build them anyhow so at least some one can enjoy them, not sure how long so keep an eye on these forums

Here's mine I built few years ago , they are totally rock solid bomb proof 100% reliable fiddle free :

[​IMG]

Whole feel of brake can be quickly adjusted by taking the nut off and changing that yellow spring (I have an assortment of springs) or taking it out all together and adding those red compression rubber things , brill

I have all parts to make another set it's just man hours that needs to be added

13. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Ok, maybe let me know by pm what you think is a fair thing for your efforts. A pic would be welcome too.
    David