Released NEW! Radical SR3 RSX 2017 - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Yes i think it is the 1500 cc engined car.
    Billy was talking on the video about the experiences that people had with sr1, so that's a bit different car with different sized wheels, less power etc.

2. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

When i roll out of pits with 15 AI of this car i drop under 60FPS. Not by lot but not getting it with other cars. The radical seem to be heavier in performance.
    Yes it is more FPS intensive. Also noticing that. Rolling out from pits i dip under 60FPS while any other car from ISI/S397 i get no dips.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

In order of FPS Hunger from Most to Least for me:
    1-GT500
    2-Radical/USF2000 - pretty much equal

Adrianstealth likes this.
  4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Probably because of the 4K paints.

//Edit: just want to add, the GT500, USF and Radical are using 4K Paints, while all other previous released cars (ISI) where using (afaik) 2K Paints.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  5. north

north Registered

Is there an update for wet tyre in the future?

6. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Apparently yes.

7. TheGrunt

TheGrunt Registered

Texture size shouldn't have noticeable impact on FPS, modern GPUs have such huge texel fillrates that the available pipe is more than adequate for both 2k or 4k textures. Bigger textures of course consume more VRAM and if you use memory more than is available on your GPU, you will experience huge peformance hit as textures are mapped to main system ram, which is awfully slow process. By the way, rF2 with DX11 can consume quite a lot of VRAM. I have ultrawide 1440p monitor and with graphics and PP settings pretty much turned on full, I have peaked at around 5.6GB. 4GB cards would've already choked with that amount.

Of course there might be something funny with the rendering engine, if texture size really has a big impact on the performance. I really haven't tested, but as a default, there shouldn't be noticeable effect with a properly optimized engine.

My guess is that Radical is just perhaps higher poly model, but there are of course other possibilities like differences in reflections and so on.

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Just before everything stops and it's all on fire is there a way of knowing that this is about to happen ?

Don't think there's a temp on dash that could give a clue

Be great if slight loss of power & spluttering prior to flame city

PS this was actually said to me : "never ever get out of your car whilst on track during your session (pause)
    ..........unless it's on fire"

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I`m not 100% sure, but i guess, it isn`t a case of high temps. Afaik the reason for engine blowing for the Radical`s is the value of the engine lifetime, wich will be reduced with very hard downshifting.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  10. Comante

Comante Registered

I've given this car a little seat time yesterday, sadly I was unable to play online due connection problems, but anyway..
    Yes at first the car look a little limp with steering inputs, and as a result it look understeery as hell. But as soon as you go past a certain degree of steering then it suddenly get responsive and if you exceed it can rapidly oversteer. Someone compared it with a kart, I think it's a clever design for an enjoyable car: when you enter a turn, the understeer is a good reminder to ease off the throttle, then you can throw it in the turn and at this point you can manage throttle and oversteer to have a nice and fun turn exit.
    I think it will be a learning experience for many (like me) just like it was the skippy, two very different cars, behaving differently, but that can open the doors to proficiently race more competitive vehicles.

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Did you try LH or RH option?
    Is anybody racing with LH option?

12. Comante

Comante Registered

I tried the left hand version.

SPASKIS likes this.
  13. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

There seems to be two kind of information about the power of this car. Someplaces it says 225 hp and in some 260 hp. Maybe car makers them self got mixed up with this and now AI has 260 hp and driver has 225 hp.

In this video the driver says that the car has some understeer in slow corners: "In slow corner you don't get the downforce so you get the front just wanting to push."

I wonder why the car in game doesn't have those slits on the fenders above the front tires that seems to be in the real car?
    Maybe we have a version of the car that has less front downforce.
    Edit: on some SR3 pictures there is also additional flaps in the front above the splitter.

14. pkelly

pkelly Registered

I have been running LHD at Essington with this Rad car. Lots of fun and as mentioned it can easily be over and under driven. Helps us to mature as drivers, in a variety of vehicles. Remember our first laps in "The Boxster"? ;-) Not sure I can feel a difference in RHD vs LHD, other than the driving perspective. Give them both a try, if you haven't already. Thx S397.
    PS - still on DX9 here.

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

been messing with setup, realise the default setup is a tad sluggish and non responsive I think
    to help people with difficulties

halving the cambers and few other simple tweaks helps it become a tad more alive & responsive

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

17. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

That was a Big hit. Blow out by the looks of it on corner entry. Wow

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

yes scary hey , notice the one before in a nice controlled slide to get round,
    his rear went right in that slide just at the worse time, would have been scary too

19. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

don't lift, or don't blow your tyre in the middle of eau rouge??? ;)

I wonder how scary it is, I think you've allready come to a hold before you can getted scared ;) just enough time to brace for impact as a reflex I would imagine, but that's it

20. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

My first impressions were not so great but after driving these puppies around for a few days and finding the right FFB strength, I really love these cars! They are fantastically fun and I really enjoy them now. Up there with my favorite cars in the game. Great job 397, thank you.

tjc likes this.