Logitech G29 Wheel rotation mismatch.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Bangyi, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Bangyi

Bangyi Registered

Hello!
    Before reading this and will say there is the link: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/important-logitech-g29-wheel-issues.52690/
    Still there is no response from the devs for fixing this issue. It's really annoying that I have to search for the wheel rotation every time i want to drive any car. Every racing game implemented this and this is so annoying. Hope the devs will realise that 1 year passed and there is still no fix for this issue. Hope someone from the staff will say anything besides "yea we know it we will fix it" stuff. Joke that a game in 2017 having this problem.
    EDIT:
    Also i have the laster drivers and in logitech options I enabled to let the game decide the rotation and the in-game it's enabled to let the car decide the wheel rotation.

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Well for now you'll still need to adjust the rotation manually. We will get a fix in, I just can't when that will be exactly. I'll for sure keep you guys posted when anything changes though :)

3. Bangyi

Bangyi Registered

Thanks for the quick response. No offense, I know this is your job but why does this simple task needs more than one year to make it? Any ETA? This month? This year? This century? But I think overall the upper guys who are doing this simply don't care. But thanks for the respond. Have a nice day!

4. Bangyi

Bangyi Registered

Dear Christopher!
    I checked few forums and stuff and lots of them writing that the game only needs the logitech wheel SDK to be updated. Is that true?

5. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

All I can say is we will fix it, as soon as possible, and I will keep you posted the moment something changes. :) Thanks for your patience.

MC4879 likes this.
  6. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

New player here (good old steam summer sale). I think I am experiencing the same on my G920 which would make sense as they are essentially the same wheel I think. For now I have increased the Steering Sensitivity to 175 (from 100) which seems to match my wheel rotation to the graphic and it feels ok with the limited testing I have done so far. Looking forward to a fix :)

7. Ken Barlow

Ken Barlow Registered

hi peeps with rotation issues, only trying to help.

each car has a different degree of rotation, make sure, (if you cannot change the rotation of wheel on the fly) that the degrees of rotation in the logitech software matches the rotation of degree for the specfic car. it is annoying, but some wheels have the ability to change on the actual wheel making it less annoying.

8. Bangyi

Bangyi Registered

Supported games and games where they are able to update a simple SDK there the wheel automatically changes to the correct rotation. That's why i'm disappointed because as you will see in my link this problem was mentioned 2016 MAY and still not fixed and devs only said just what now i received "we will fix asap". As we see it's really important not to update it for a year so I think they will never ever fix it because how much people use g29 to play this game? 10? 20? They don't care to simply do this easy job for this low majority of ppl.

9. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

For me unfortunately not even that seemed to make any difference which was strange. Though to be fair I haven't gone through an uninstall and re-install of everything (logitech and rf2). I'm not going to uninstall logitech as everything else works fine, Assetto Corsa,ETS2 so maybe I'll do the Steam verify. Though changing the steering sensitivity in game seems to do the trick for me.

Bangyi - I see where you are coming from but hopefully with the DX11 stuff and the UI interface s397 are looking to broaden the appeal and attract new players (worked for me) so it will get bumper up their to do list. Granted if no change in the coming months then....

10. MC4879

MC4879 Registered

Hi

same issue here with the rotation...Please fix it!! ;) rFactor2 rules!!!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  11. muz_j

muz_j Registered

...weird - I have a G29 and I've never noticed this.
    I have noticed some cars have less wheel rotation that the G29, but haven't noticed the difference causing me any problems. Maybe I'm not sensitive enough to the difference in wheel sensitivity or maybe I've been assuming that's the way it should be. Strange.

...so what's the gist of the fault?
    When the wheel rotation does not match the in game car's wheel rotation setting, the steering sensitivity is wrong?

12. ThisIsKetts

ThisIsKetts Registered

Is there still no fix for this ? wanting to play but without fixing the problems I'd rather play assetto corsa,

13. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

Have you tried changing the Steering Sensitivity? About 180 for me matches my wheel to the in game wheel. Still needs to be sorted but the workaround seems ok for me.

14. muz_j

muz_j Registered

So is the problem being referred to a mismatch between the G29 wheel rotation and the in game one?
    i.e. the virtual wheel's movement not being synchronised to the real wheel?

I have never had that issue - in terms of the sync'ing of the real wheel with the virtual one. I'm unsure what my wheel sensitivity is set to, but I'll check when I get home out of interest...

15. Only talking for myself and with a G920 wheel but problem for me atleast is that the car will not turn even remotely close to how much I turn the wheel. That means when exiting the garage I go in quite a straight line into the barrier in front and regardless of speed I can miss a corner entirely. The only car I've seen without any mismatch has been a Renault Clio which had in-game setting of a rotation of 900 degrees. All others have had different kinds of issues with this regardless of what number I put into the LGS, well up unto today; Today I took a Porsche out on LeMans and I could acutally get out of garage without hitting the wall. A few of the AI did though so no idea what their problem was, but anyhow, the wheel rotation did seem to be more accurate than before and I haven't made any changes that I can remember. (not that that really says anything).
    This problem have made me stay away from RF2 so it would be fantastic if it finally sorted. That and the awful fps in DX11...

16. moonm8trx

moonm8trx Registered

I'm having the same issue with a TS-PC Racer.

17. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

The in-game steering wheel has always been wonky. It has never matched any of my peripheral steering wheels (Logitech, Fanatec, and Thrustmaster) so I turn it off. I just assumed they would eventually fix it.

18. Bangyi

Bangyi Registered

Eventually?! 1 year and almost 2 months passed since the issue or more... How much more time do they need to fix an easy issue????

19. ThisIsKetts

ThisIsKetts Registered

from what i understand its to do with each cars steering wheel rotation and the g29 not matching to that so for people like me cant get out of the pits as the car wont turn without doing everything manually which is a pain in the ass when you cant alt tab. all it needs is the devs to update to the latest Logitech code base on there end. at least from what I've read here

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    muz_j likes this.
  20. Bangyi

Bangyi Registered

Indeed. Because the whole setup of the wheel is in the game and I searched the forums for hours and all they say that they just need to update the logitech SDK and the problem would be fixed.If high-end wheel users don't have problem with the game why is it hard to solve it to "pleb" tier as well?!