Pedal recommendations

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by MarcG, Jul 1, 2017.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Hi all, I'm nearly at the point of wanting a new pedal set as I fear my trusty G25s with GT-EYE Springs are now a little dated and getting a little untrustworthy.

I'll put my budget at £300max, don't really want to spend that much to be honest but I may have to!

I did look a year or two ago (but chose to upgrade the Springs) and the ClubSport V3 were looking good but pricey...and they still are!

Any recommendations greatly appreciated :) Thanks

2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Stay away from the v3 pedals,they have some fairly major design flaws,you have to buy the bpk kit to get the pedals to be usable to any sort of competitive state.

The csl from what I have heard are superior in every way apart from the looks,but that doesn't count on track.
    but fanatec in my experience do all they can to avoid honouring their refund policy,I've seen too many bad actions by their CEO,some documented and some gone from forums because they got them deleted.
    Honestly my advice would be to stick with your current pedals until you can afford the protosimtech pt-1 pedals,they will be you last set of pedals you will ever buy,they are cheaper than HE pedals and other "top end" pedals,but give exactly the same customisation and performance.

I so wish I never wasted money on fanatecs sub par pedals,but now I'm saving again to buy the pt-1,so sick of buying cheaper sets that do not give the performance they say they do

Edit due to shipping the pt-1 might be just as expensive as HE pro or ultimates,depending on where you live,any of them are worth the money in my opinions

MarcG and John like this.
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I wouldn't go with the t3pa pro pedals, I have some that came with my t500 and I have not nothing but trouble with the cheap shitty pots, brakes and accelerator issues after 3 months, I gave up and got some fanatec csr elites and am very impressed

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    MarcG and patchedupdemon like this.
  4. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

5. patrickkluiters

patrickkluiters Registered

For sure, buy Heusinkveld Pro pedals. Top quality and superb service!
    If you buy only the throttle and the brakes the price is not that high.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yeah I'm not that rich :D Thanks guys I'll have a look later, appreciate the advice :)

7. patchedupdemon

I've said what I've said because if you're serious about aim racing,anything under the protosimtech pt-1 will be a side step,or in the long run a waste of money.
    I spent nearly £400 on my v3s and I've regretted every single moment,I get better on track performance with my stock t300 pedals.
    I really wish I hadn't been so eager to get a loadcel set and just saved another month or two and got the pt 1.
    Now I'm saving up from scratch all over again.
    Stick with what you have and save and buy the last set of pedals you will ever need,the wait would be worth it

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I was referring to the Heusinkveld Pedals, I'll research some more myself, just wanted to get an idea if there was anything half-decent around my price range, thanks again.

AlexJTownsend likes this.
  9. smbrm

smbrm Registered

PT-1 isn't taking orders at the moment, unfortunately.

10. Paul Stante

Paul Stante Registered

Make your own....... IMG_1498.JPG

Eddy, wgeuze, MarcG and 1 other person like this.
  11. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Haha youll have to share some instructions.. Im sure there must be other mid tier pedal sets ??? ANyone ? Im currently using my g25 pedals with a perfect pedal mod (now 5 years old).. so saving for the expensive set i listed above. Was considering the Fantaec but as per others, i have only heard bad stories.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'd love to make my own but Time + Effort + Probably more expense = NO! As for Fanatec I've heard plenty of good stories and read plenty of good reviews, as per the way of the internet you generally hear more sobbing than praise for products. I heard just as many bad reports on the T300 and mines been perfect since day one :)

13. adamfarmer

adamfarmer Registered

I've had my Fanatec V2 pedals for 3-4 years now. Excellent quality and performance. I'm sure you'll get better for more money but I've no complaints. From what I've heard the V3 pedals are an improvement on them.

MarcG likes this.
  14. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Last year, I had to finally abandon my 9yo G25 pedals after I broke the GTEye spring (my fault !). I thought it was time to try something really better, and that could only be a load cell kit.

The "Fanatec Clubsport v3" have served me very well this past year, although it took me a while to get used to it. First to find a resistance that suits me physically, second to get accustomed to using the leg rather than the ankle to brake. Only grief is the throttle spring a bit too soft for me who used the G25 brake spring in the throttle pedal (there is a replacement spring shipped in the v3 but actually too stiff for me without shoes !). Also, from time to time you need to make sure the calibration remains correct.

My initial choice would have been the "ProtoSimTech PT-1" because they look incredibly well made for the price, but I was in emergency mode and the shipping cost were too high. Also, Fanatec released the "CSL Elite LC" just after I received my v3. According to the ISRTV review, it is an option I would seriously consider (althought again the throttle may be weak).

Sorry, that looks like an advertising post for Fanatec now...

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Agreed , make your own Mark

-you'll know them inside out then

Made my own couple of years ago & not one single problem since
    I use to burn through consumer ones !

16. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

Before you do anything download diview from the leobodnar website and set your pedals using it, can make a world of difference without the expenditure...transformed my heavily modified g25 pedals as you can alter the mid point to your liking.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

18. patchedupdemon

The v2 are superior in design compared to the v3,just have a look at the fanatec forum on the v3 and see what problems there are.

People I know prefer the v2 over the v3

19. smbrm

smbrm Registered

What I have found interesting about PT-1 pedals, is that you don't seem to hear of many complaints but neither do you hear that they are the best pedals ever either. Does that suggest they are just right? I have heard the clutch can be really noisy, when the rollers snap over peak of the ramp.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks for that, I've got to be a little careful with the resistance in the brake pedal (left foot braker) as I have a dodgy left knee that is prone to...well collapsing sort of! I've not looked into the resistance alterations you can do on the V3s yet, maybe that's something I need to concentrate on. The GTEye in my G25 Brake is just fine so I need something similar to that if possible.