Rfactor2 The VR thread -settings & tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 30, 2017.

1. lagg

lagg Registered

For me, when it's cloudy the light is too dark.
    Is the same for you?

multivac likes this.
  2. Wheely

Wheely Registered

Hi,
    i can`t see any Screenshots from your first Post. Instead of the Screenshot there is a message "Pleas update your Account to enable 3rd Party Hosting".

3. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

^^^^^^^ Photo-bucket has become a pain in the butt lately

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Darn -thanks I'll look into it

5. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I guess it's been a while since I drove the F1 Spark on the Targa Florio. It was the first time I truly fall in love with rF2. What a beautiful peace of work and a perfect combination.
    Couple questions. Is there a way to soften the shadow edges? AC had the same jagged edges not long ago but is smooth now.
    Second. This is the only mod that has no reflections. Am I the only one? If so, how do I fix it?
    Also, has anyone heard news about an update for this incredible mod track and the Spark? Physics are pretty nice I think.

Christopher Snow likes this.
  6. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

Wait a minute...you mean Targa Florio runs in rF2 and not just rF? I think you just made my entire weekend.... :D
    Now I might have to take the whole PC back over to the other location (with the highspeed connection) to download it.

It's been a good day too: Stumbled by accident across the nationwide tour of the two 2016 Monster Energy CUP cars of Stanley Tools/Joe Gibbs Racing up close and stuck my head inside both rigs to compare the pedal sets (nothing too exotic in either car--all three are top hung in both),

I managed a short Rift demo a little while later too. This time, unlike last, they had the hand units working, so I spent a few minutes trying "The Climb." I fell off a few times getting used to it of course, so now I need some virtual "Bactine" or virtual "Neosporin" for my virtual cuts and bruises. Pretty cool actually.

Small fogging issue with one side--I have to use close viewing glasses for focus with any HMD, but not a showstopper the way it was two months ago with the Vive. If I decide the Pimax isn't for me, I think the Rift will be my next choice.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

The historics ( Spark & others )
    I'm starting to fear could change for the worse physics wise if their updated , I hope only dx11 visuals update only

These sim cars are top notch
    Best not try & fix something that's not broken

8. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I can't drive it enough!! My fingers are itching just thinking about it!!:)

I hope this track gets updated! Would pay a lot for it!

rF2 is pretty clear in vr. Good job guys!

9. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

To answer my own question about shadow softening. I turned down shadow quality with shadow blur max seems to help the glitter a little in vr.

10. lagg

lagg Registered

Am i the only one who has this problem?

11. AussieStig

AussieStig Registered

Is anyone using a DK2 here? If so, maybe you can help me out, I cannot seem to get into the cockpit of any car right now. I have tried re calibrating the SteamVR room and ctrl + Spacebar does not function either? There is not enough adjustment in the camera up & down options to get me anywhere near seated in the cockpit. I have checked the game options, and have cockpit view selected. If anyone has any tips on how to manually adjust the view or an ini value that could help, please let me know. Cheers, AussieStig

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Posted this in Discord but it's worthy of note here:

just had a play with graphical settings with the Oculus Performance Meter showing me in game FPS....shocked at how much extra I could pump out once I started increasing values.
    Env Reflections now on High (was Off!), Shadows on Low, PP Effects on Low, Textures/Opponents on High, Player Detail on Full, 8xAF, 2xAA. Using SuperSampling only in SteamVR (1.9).
    All that with 19AI in the Radical @ Silverstone GP, FPS locked to 45 - slight hiccups at race start but rock solid thereafter. Was amazed I could push it that far with my GTX970 (stock speeds) and i5-3570k OC to 4.2 especially with Env Reflections, runs pretty fluidly at night as well aside from dips in FPS around the Pit Straight (to be expected). Just goes to show how much performance optimisation S397 have done in the 2 months since DX11 first came out, that and perhaps better improvements from both Oculus/SteamVR and nVidia. Happy with that :D

Cote Dazur and Adrianstealth like this.
  13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Update: I've tried Shadows on Medium and now High and it's perfectly race able, further suprisement!...and it was 29AI not the stated 19 I got that wrong (12 visible)

Adrianstealth likes this.
  14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Dam you mark !!!!!!!

Not radical on Silverstone ?

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yes Silverstone GP as stated

Adrianstealth likes this.
  16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Swap my 1080ti for your 970 !

I give up

****SOLVED I reset BIOS & reset overclocks ...all super now good VR performance

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  17. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Moving your sensor further away about the distance you are off. Re center Steam. Then put the sensor back and see that gets you within adjustment room?

AussieStig likes this.
  18. AussieStig

AussieStig Registered

Cheers mate. Cant move the sensor it is mounted on the wall quite high from the floor, but I don't have problems with any other title just rF2 so it is a little odd. The last time I had the game running it was all working perfectly. I mean ctrl - space does nothing at all now. Thanks again for your reply, cheers, AussieStig

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  19. pedrodfa

pedrodfa Registered

Nope, you are not the only one. I also think its way too dark in a lot of situations compared to others sims. For example at night, the part of the road that the headlights iluminate is too dark, also when its cloudy or shadow. The contrast in general really needs some work.

lagg likes this.
  20. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

That is odd. How about moving yourself and center Steam?