Released NEW! Radical SR3 RSX 2017 - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

Weight distribution is seriously poor in LHD model at lateral 56.1:43.9 while RHD model lateral is 49.4:50.6. Probably the reason why people are finding LHD model not braking straight.

Mydriaz, Guimengo, jayblue and 2 others like this.
  2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Seems the outer mirror (wingman) have much to short LOD OUT. They`re disappearing very fast...

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The Radical license was announced many years ago. Check the very first ISI renderings of the "grey" cars for rF2. If you want to needlessly snipe, get your facts straight.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes, it was the basic model, not the turbo or otherwise.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

In reality it should be the opposite. It should be incredibly stable--witness that an experienced amateur like me could push it very hard with only a couple of laps/minutes of experience under my belt. It should not always be under control--like any race car, once you need to get that last 5 or 10% reduction in lap time, you are driving on the edge of control.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Any possible explanation for this weight distribution difference other than an error that slipped through quality control and testing?

7. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Well, I just checked the very first ISI renderings, and there where a lot of cars, but no radical..... In the october roadmap (of 2016 obviously) it was mentioned that they had acquired the licence of the radical, along with a 'grey' car render. I would find it strange if they announce such thing if it had been announced before, as well as not recalling ever heard it being mentioned before myself. So I don't know if it is your mind, or mine that is playing tricks, but a first quick search on google didn't show me earlier results either.....

but with them at least not being in the renderings, I could arguably say: "If you want to needlessly snipe, get your facts straight" :p (might not come across this way, but is tongue-in-cheek)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    jayarrbee36 and hitm4k3r like this.
  8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The Radical lisence was first announced in October last year and there never were Radicals on the first vehicle renders. The only cars we don't have from the first renders are the old spec Indycar and the Panoz Esperante GTR-1 aswell as the Esperante GT-S. Everything else is made up in your imagination so let me excuse when I make a factual snipe:

"Finally, we have an announcement to make. We have secured a license with Radical sportscars and will be bringing those into rFactor 2. With full access to CAD drawings and performance data we can deliver these cars with a very high amount of accuracy. Work on this has just started, but we are very excited as these are great cars to drive and race!" - October 14th, 2016

Btw, the Radical RS3 RSX in rF2 is 2015 spec with a Gen 3 spec engine introduced in 2016 afaik. So if you can explain how on earth such a car would end up on a 2011 sim preview render, I will happily listen to that explaination and get out my popcorn. Anyway, doesn't make sense to discuss with you as all is just doom and gloom.

jayarrbee36, bwana, MarcG and 2 others like this.
  9. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Very nice car thanks S397! Got a shock when i was 8 seconds slower than the AI, LOL! I understood quickly that i could push it much much more. :D

Only thing i noticed was that this car took up a lot of performance. I can do AI race with say 15 cars around me and no drops under 60FPS while the Radical just a few is enough to drop me. I also missed an up shift sound like most cars in rF2 has. Just for immersion, but its a minor detail.

Thank you for a very nice car.

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It is 99% likely to be a typo. Such an assymetric car would not be competitive.

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

As far as i can see, other values (Pushrod) are asymetric, too...

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi,
    thought it was a PC problem as online fps was all over the place, realise that the radical is quite heavy on
    fps for me when more than just a few cars are on track (online & offline) )-:

ffb seems a tad sluggish too ( compared to certain other rfactor 2 cars )

thanks

13. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

This car is a blast. No problems with ffb. Tbh I'm a real carbon fiber fetishist. And that carbon in the cockpit looks amazing. Great work. Sound is ok and the different skins are great. Also a big thank you to the community.

14. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Not sure which is closer to the real thing but AMS version is totaly different in sound power and feel. Interesting to have two totally different intepretations of the same car. Spoilt for choice.

fab06 and Adrianstealth like this.
  15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The problem is not qualitative but quantitative.

Do you really think 57:43 makes any sense? What is the reason for loading a tire over 30% more than the other? 57/43=1.32

If that is a realistic value the designer of the real car should be fired for placing mass in such a horrible way.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  16. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

I bet it looks different too? :p If you mean the MCR Sport 2000, aren't Radical!

Nimugp likes this.
  17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

AMS version?

18. Emery

Emery Registered

Know Your Sports Racers in Sims
    Automobilista has an MCR Sports 2000. 2 liter Ford Duratec with about 200 bhp. Similar concept, but different manufacturer and racing class than the Radical SR3. Sports 2000 class rules are minimum 1310 lbs with driver. Should have less downforce than the Radical. http://www.mcrracecars.co.uk/

RaceRoom Racing Experience has an LMP2 Radical, with turbocharged 2 liter or Judd engine. Way more power than the SR3 and very likely more downforce befitting a P2 car.

Project CARS has a Radical SR3 RS, very similar to rF2, though older model. 1.5 liter Suzuki 4-cyl motorcycle engine with about 260 bhp, 150 ft-lbs of torque.

rFactor 2 has a Radical SR3 RSX. Verdict not in on which size Suzuki 4-cyl motorcycle engine is represented.

P.S. North American club racing has Sports 2000 class and what used to be known as C & D Sports Racing (now SCCA P1 and P2). All the Radical SR3 models would be in C Sports Racing (er, P1) unless someone downsized the engine.
    P.P.S. 2016 SCCA Runoffs for P1: https://www.scca.com/videos/2029782

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Nimugp and MarcG like this.
  19. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Nah, i agree with you. I just wanted to add, that other values may wrong, too...

SPASKIS likes this.
  20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

If possible an almighty radical SR8

pretty please (-:

bravotangosix, bwana and XenoYparxi like this.